Contraception!!

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Im at that stage of having to consider what contraception to use and was wondering what you decided to use after your pregnancy and why?

I was on the pill non stop for 18 years before falling pregnant, and wondering whether its time I gave my body a break and tried something different (all that said I got my BFP just 6 weeks after coming off the pill)!

We are currently undecided whether we will have another LO, but if we do it would be within the next 2 years, due to our ages more than anything else, so dont want to use contraception that may jeapodise a futher pregnancy.

Any advice gratefully received! :hug:

howabout the copper coil? i heard thats good for short term contraception.

or you could just use condoms, diaphragm?

im on the injection but i was told it could take a while to get out of your system

I am using Natural Family Planning, as indeed I was for the 5 years before I got pregnant.

wow Rebecca! you've got good timing by the sounds of it!

Natural Family Planning is basically knowing your body and your own monthly cycle rather than using hormonal or barrier methods of contraception. I began by taking my temperature every morning - the rise shows when you're ovulating. You need to obviously spend a bit of time watching your cycles first before you launch straight into using it!!!! After a while I began to spot other signs I was ovulating like the change in cervical mucus - mmmmm stringy bits that stick to my inner thighs like gloopy balls of snot wooooooo! Now I know exactly which day I ovulate on anyway and the other signs just confirm it.

Then you avoid sex or use other methods (condoms) for the 3 days before and 2 days after ovulation - as sperm can live 5 days but an egg only lives a maximum of 48 hours (usually less). As it happens we were usually more cautious than this, so we would do it 4 days before and 2 days afterwards, just in case.

When we conceived Flod it was 3 days before ovulation :rotfl:

condoms are probably your easiest thing because you won't have to wait for your cycles to get back to nornal when you decide to ttc again

im still deciding at the moment too, ive been on the pill twice and fell pregnant both times while on it. i don't like the thought of something being in my body for a long time (eg coil, implant) and i hate needles so at the moment its condoms.
not sure if i want anymore children atm so also don't want anything permenent

I was on NFP but now trying but will go back too NFP when i have too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back