Contraception advice

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
Hiya,

I have started to think about what im going to do about contraception after i have had bubs in a few weeks time and was wondering about the experience of you ladies.

I have always had major problems with contraception - anything with a hormone in it doesnt seem to agree with me and i get major side effects like HUGE sore boobs and weight gain, mood swings etc etc and the coil doesnt agree with me either - had 4 in the past few years and they just make my periods sooooooo heavy - even the mirena coil.

I really dont want to get pregnant again straight away and i know that using condoms is not really an option cos the likelihood is we wouldnt bother in the heat of the moment cos my DH hates them.

I was wondering if maybe now i have had a baby my hormones or whatever makes me sensitive to hormonal contraception may have changed and now allow me to take the pill without the side effects.

Have any of you mums done this or had similar problems to me in the past? Have you found that your bodies react differently to contraception now you have had a baby?

Any experience would be gratefully received!

Cheers
Jen
x

You can try an ordniary copper coil? That has no hormone on it... but it is supposedly making your periods heavier.

I've been thinking about this too... not sure how I am going to get around it... :(

i've no idea what we're going to do yet either...

i really don't want to take the pill while i'm breastfeeding... don't really want to be passing on all those hormones to trog... :think: :think:

think it might just be back to condoms - hate the bloody things but they'll probably end up being the best option...

not sure what im going to go on after ive had this baby, pill dont work for me as ive fell pg twice on it

Squiglet said:
You can try an ordniary copper coil? That has no hormone on it... but it is supposedly making your periods heavier.

I've been thinking about this too... not sure how I am going to get around it... :(

tried 2 of those Squig. Had a period every other week whilst they were in and each one lasted a week!

So dont really want to go down that path again....

i relied on breast-feeding until just over a month ago. now im on the mini-pill (cant hav the regular pill as still BFing)
iv learned my lesson i remember to take it this time LOL

I went to see the doctor today and am going to have an implant fitted - lasts up to 3 yrs I think and can be taken out whenever we want to start trying for No.2. I can't take the Microgynon pill I was on because of the oestrogen (? I think.. or progesterone?) in it and the other pill option is the one where you have to take it at the same time every day which isn't an option with our current time table!!!

Dr gave me a prescription for it today and it has been ordered for me in the pharmacy so having it fitted on 10th Jan.

you could try my method....sleep deprivation lol

We haven't had sex since about June :oops:

Before trying ttc No 2 I had the mirena coil for 3 and half years. It was brilliant in that my periods stopped completely, I had no period pain and I fell pg 3 months after it was removed.

The bad points were although insertion itself was ok about 10 mins later I started getting labour like contractions and almost passed out. It was agony! Also after a year or so of having it in my sex drive disappeared completely (apparantly a common side effect, no wonder they say it's more reliable than the pill! :lol: )

I don't know what I'll do after having this baby, all contraception has downsides, roll on the male pill!

Kylie1007 said:
I went to see the doctor today and am going to have an implant fitted - lasts up to 3 yrs I think and can be taken out whenever we want to start trying for No.2. I can't take the Microgynon pill I was on because of the oestrogen (? I think.. or progesterone?) in it and the other pill option is the one where you have to take it at the same time every day which isn't an option with our current time table!!!

Dr gave me a prescription for it today and it has been ordered for me in the pharmacy so having it fitted on 10th Jan.

the pill that you have to take at same time every day has the same hormone as the implant and is the only one that has bot given me side effects. i had the implant after dd1 but this time decided to go on the pill with the same hormone becus when i had it taken out it left a scar and i dnt want loads of scars everytime i want to try for a baby. i also dnt want to wait as long as i did last time before trying again and it takes ages here get an appointment have it taken out cus my doc doesnt do it. you dnt have a break on this pill tho so its easy to remember to take it as you are always taking it and you dnt have to strictly take it the same time every day if you forget you can take it up to 10 hours after. it is also not effect by antibiotics. hth

xxxxx

I give up with contraception. Lol.
The pill gave me SO many side affects and then i still became pregnant whilst on it so that's not trustworthy.
I'm allergic to latex and I hate condoms anyway (even non latex ones).

Maybe i'm destined to have 20 kids?! lol

lol i find sleep derivcation works well aswell

i went on mini pill and found i had all the symptoms of pregnancy..yes i panicked then stopped and they went away so i do..i am too tired as a form of contraception LOL

I am on pill after Ruby birth but thinking of going back onto Depo injection...I keep forgetting to take pill and have had a few tummy upets lately :oops: , so I am terrified of getting PG again, and in turn my sex drive is nill.....Hoping the injection will help me to relax more and return to normal :pray:

I wont take contraception, it makes me so moody and I hate the side effects I got from depo and the pill.

So I use withdrawel method when im ovulating, so while im ovulating and few days before and after ovulation my hubby just withdraws.

No problems with it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back