Confused about Hospital/Midwife

Eilishnbean

Reaction score
Hi Girls.

Not sure if I'm posting in the right section but I really need some advice. I'm really confused about my hospital and midwife. I'm due in may and will be giving birth at Queen Charlottes hosp in W.London. But I really feel unsupported... I'm 23 weeks now and have had two appointments with midwives-different people but I understand that you wont have the same everytime. But it seems like I wont be having any more appts there? I have to see my gp from 25 week appt...is this normal? Then they have made me see a community midwife but havent given me the address...It's really stressing me out. Also at my 20 week scan I found out I was having a little girl which me and oh are over the moon about but on my scan sheet it says male? I feel like I dont know who to talk to about this within the hosp. Can someone please give me some advice...I'm going to ring up and see what I can do but I just feel so stressed!!! Also as I'm considered a young mum (22) they said that they would have a midwife contact me to arrange a support group but no one has and I feel like I need someone on the end of the phone!

you dnt tend to see your midwifes a lot at all tbh hun, with my first saw her total off 4 times and with this one ive saw em 4 times so far and nothing now untill like 32 weeks xx

Here I have a 'named midwife' but have never seen her yet, won't see her at future appointments and she won't be there when I give birth so don't see the point. I saw different midwives at 8 week and 16 week appointment, have another at 25 weeks just to check in then not sure after that. It wouldn't make any difference if I saw GP instead of MW at next appointment, tbh my midwife care has been canny crap so far so would be better if I could just see my GP. Definitely give them a ring though if you're worried, they might just be a bit crap organisation-wise like mine are.

Iv seen my midwive twice allready its the same one I had with my last baby and ill see her everytime I have a mw appointment im seeing her again on 7th feb and I never saw my gp last time and doubt I will this time also having a home birth so quite likely to have the same midwife at my homebirth too if shes not at another birth at the time x

Ahh its been a complete nightmare. I really feel unsupported. Rang GP to make 25 week appt and was told they wouldn't see me as they dont do antental appts! Rang the hosp and was spoken to so rudely and was told to "have it out with my gp" Im stuck I've had two appts and seen 2 midwifes. They were meant to set up a support person for me as im considered a young mother...and they havent done that either. This is coming from the supposedly best maternity hosp in the country! Im so stressed, my pregnancy has been so up and down I havent had the chance to enjoy it...and to top it all I have lost my job!!!:wall2:

sorry you feel like this hun. if i was you i would go to hospital or midwifery unit and demand answers. after all you can blame hormones if you come across as rude but you shouldnt be left to feel like this.
xxx

Get yourself off to the doctors hun - for a normal doctors appt I mean not for an anti-natal. Explain to them how you are feeling and they should be able to offer and arrange more support for you. Feeling like this in pregnancy is not good for you and there is help they can arrange.

xx

Last edited:
hi hun, i've seen a community mw at the following weeks ....

10wk booking in app, 16wk blood results, 22wks (after scan for 5mins) then 28wks.
Due to see her again at 34 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back