upset and confused

lealea85

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm 19 weeks pregnant (yippee) but I'm very confused.
I thought I could feel baby swirling about and I was really excited, but I have come to realise that all I can feel is a pulse like feeling (and I say this out of embarassment) that its turned out to actually be my blood flowing around my abdomen (as its the same as my heartbeat-yes, I knw its suppose to do that). I feel really stupid as I was so excited as I've been waiting to feel something. I've heard the babies heartbeat. But, I thought by the time I was 16 weeks I'd have felt something.
I'm on the fluffy side of life (a size 12...now a 14) since I've been pregnant. Am I too big to feel anything? And when will I feel anything. Actually been upset about it for days but didn't want to say anything incase I got told I was being stupid :(

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm really down about this.

your not too big at all hun am sz 22 at the moment and have felt stuff but only recently.

Some people don't feel anything until much later and the big movements take even longer to appear and everyone is different. I felt fluttering and air bubbles and have been prodded a couple of time then not felt anything for what seems like ages.
I was just coming up for my scan last week and was getting more nervous because I hadn't felt anything but everything was fine.

Take care and try not to worry but if you need to call your midwife it may help put your mind at rest :)

I can't remember exactly when I felt my 1st baby move but it was def after my 20 week scan...trust me,wen u feel him/her move ul know.
With my 1st I remember havin a pain in my tummy like a stitch,I had my hand on it and was sure he moved so I presumed that's wot it felt like. Next day I was at school (I was only 15/16) and felt my 1st movement...bit like a bird was flutterin it's wings in there...anyway I knew that that was him wriggling xxxx

I'm a size 12 too and felt both babies at 16 weeks but only slight flutters! It's completly normal not to feel anything until 22-24 weeks!! I wouldn't worry, you've got plenty of time!!

Lea Lea

I was gonna post an article about this today as i had been worrying myself. Got my 20 week scan on thursday and have really started to worry about it as i haven't felt much at all. Had been reading on here that a lot of ladies could feel fluttering from 16 weeks and that has just made me worry more. I think i have felt the odd flutter but have just put it down to wind.

Wish thursday would hurry up and come so i can relax a little.

im now 23 weeks and only now can i feel definate movement. i started feeling wierd things at like 18 weeks but not like now. OH can just about feel it too! x

Don't worry Lea Lea, I only felt ltiny flutters and flicks from 2o weeks this time, but with all of my other three from 22 weeks onwards, and only now at 25 weeks tomorow do I feel real movements, and the tummy moves from the outside to look at.

I had my 20 week scan without feeling a thing!

When you start feeling them, there will be no stopping them

Last edited:
i hav only jus this week started feeling big movements i woulnt worry x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111