First Midwife Appointment???

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
I'm a bit confused about when I should be going to appointments!!! I probably sound really stupid but....... At my 12 week scan, I was handed a leaflet outlining the periods during my pregnancy that I would have scans, and see my GP/Community Midwife. I have only just noticed this leaftlet, which states between 16-18 weeks I am meant to see my GP/community Midwife!!! Well I am almost 18 weeks now, and havent seen my Midwife!! Am I meant to book an appointment myself with my GP, or are they supposed to contact me?? Nothing was explained to me at my 12 wk scan, just a load of leaflets handed to me!!
Tried to ring the antenatal unit to ask, but they don't seem to be taking calls over Easter.

I assume you had a booking in appointment prior to your 12 week scan hun?

If that is the case then contact the place you saw MW (it was hospital for me but could have been GP surgery for other's?)

Or are you saying you've not seen a MW at all ye?

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hey hun, I had to make my appointment myself, which is tmo and the only reason I knew is because my sister works at the doctors!xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Yeah Iv had my booking appointment & scan, havent seen my midwife at all....
I just assumed they would send me an appointment, got handed a load of leaflets but nothing explained!!! So I'll give my gp surgery a call!!!! Thanks!! xx

I had to make my 16 week appointment myself, and then I get given another appointment at the previous one :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back