Co-sleeping?

Maybe YOU should re-read what you said.. Your breast feeding, little miss is bottle.. Your argument was directed at her as you started about how her baby wasn't as bad as yours!

Not attacking you at all I whole heartedly disagree with what you said to Littlemiss!!

Maybe YOU should re-read what you said.. Your breast feeding, little miss is bottle.. Your argument was directed at her as you started about how her baby wasn't as bad as yours!
Once again, I didnt know that and maybe you should re-read your posts attacking me.

As I said earlier, a lot of babies respond to settle and leave method (and its bloody hard work) but not all of them do.

You all assumed I was breastfeeding. I am mixed feeding and i went through hell with it, search the forum.

People are very quick with jumping to conclusions

Last edited:
I have re-read them and maybe you should too.. Nothing I said was personal to you! It was my opinion! Unlike what you said to little miss!

All babies eventually settle if it's done right and preferably as early as possible.
A baby is what you make it unless they have colic etc which can't be helped!
If a mother cuddles her baby to sleep coz SHE wants to then of course the baby will want it too as its used to it!! I've been there done that and suffered for it! It's my opinion I'm not directing it at anyone specifically..

Last edited:
I have re-read them and maybe you should too.. Nothing I said was personal to you! It was my opinion! Unlike what you said to little miss!
I didnt say it to her, the first paragraph was for littlemiss, other ones were in response to other things written.

I actually apologised if i offended as it wasnt aimed at her and I am still waiting for my apology

Clearly people read different things into the same post but it wasnt me who started name calling

Once again, re-read my post above and there is no need to attack me personally. I didnt attack you by the way.

I said my baby doesnt respond to sleep training - pick up put down method that you mentioned.

I will be a grown up and apologise if I offended anyone, I didnt mean to and appreciate the advice but it didnt work for me.

But what I said is right, plus swaddling and laying babies on their side increases the risk too, it is just facts.

To be honest I feel fed up too that people imply I didnt try hard enough, who are you to judge me? I am not judging anyone

Isn't swaddling and laying on side pretty much the same as co-sleeping?? Most co-sleepers lay on their sides.. And swaddling I assume ur getting at overheating.. Sleeping between two adults in an adult duvet? There's a reason why babies don't have baby quilts til the age of one!!

Love how u bring those two up as I've mentioned repeatedly in previous threads that's what I do! Not personal no??

I do wonder where u think the apology will come from coz it won't be from me unfortunately. I left the forum once due to people who can't accept others opinions and I have a feeling it's gonna happen again.
People change after third tri and it's very sad!!!

I wouldnt say swaddling and laying on one side as being the same as co-sleeping. I layed on one side but after feeding always made sure baby returned to being on its back and never actually had baby in the duvet with me. Obviously all mums are different and some may have let their lo fall asleep on their side under a duvet. x

Once again, re-read my post above and there is no need to attack me personally. I didnt attack you by the way.

I said my baby doesnt respond to sleep training - pick up put down method that you mentioned.

I will be a grown up and apologise if I offended anyone, I didnt mean to and appreciate the advice but it didnt work for me.

But what I said is right, plus swaddling and laying babies on their side increases the risk too, it is just facts.

To be honest I feel fed up too that people imply I didnt try hard enough, who are you to judge me? I am not judging anyone

You can surely see how your post looked though, it sounded like you were personally attacking me, I thought you had a genuine problem & tried to give you advice to my best knowledge without trying to sound like a smarty pants but thats obviously how it sounded to you. It pisses me off how some ppl (not you btw) but in general ppl are so un-willing to accept any advice, I always want advice, i'm always asking for it, god sake im no perfect mother, I wouldn't think because someone gave me advice that they were being smart, im sure you must think that about me. I dont think that you didn't try hard enough, what I mean is that sometimes you think, enough is enough, LO doesn't wana go into cot i might as well give in & have them with me. Your LO will go into a cot I know you want to believe that your LO wont & I know its so so difficult but your LO will, its part of a childs development that they sleep alone, its all at different rates, but one way or the other LO's have to sleep alone at some point.

I know these subjects are always heated & we should be able to discuss the facts rather than calling the other a liar (which you did me)

I'm actually really upset tbh, I know were not all actual friends but i see you lot as my friends & it hurts coz at first it was claimed that what i had copied from the nhs website was lies & now you claimed that my LO being demanding was lies. I duno it just puts me in a downer.

Its honestly not my fault that the NHS say things about co-sleeping, please dont anyone blame me & start arguments with me about it. Its not fair, i never made anything up or said anything i only "thought" was true. Everyone else apart from 2 ppl on this thread have accepted the comments & made their own comments w/out being personal or starting a deliberate argument about it.

The bottle feeding thing hit a nerve i've had problems with my breasts for years but was determined to BF LO, not only did i have to deal with stopping BF'ing I had to also deal with changing a baby out of a habit it was in - think of this....my challenge was as tough as yours is now, because I had to do the same thing, my LO was in a routine & wouldn't change & so is yours.

:hug: :hug:
It touched a big nerve with me too hense why I was harsh in my post (which I explained in same post WHY I was being harsh!)

Last edited:

You can surely see how your post looked though, it sounded like you were personally attacking me, I thought you had a genuine problem & tried to give you advice to my best knowledge without trying to sound like a smarty pants but thats obviously how it sounded to you. It pisses me off how some ppl (not you btw) but in general ppl are so un-willing to accept any advice, I always want advice, i'm always asking for it, god sake im no perfect mother, I wouldn't think because someone gave me advice that they were being smart, im sure you must think that about me. I dont think that you didn't try hard enough, what I mean is that sometimes you think, enough is enough, LO doesn't wana go into cot i might as well give in & have them with me. Your LO will go into a cot I know you want to believe that your LO wont & I know its so so difficult but your LO will, its part of a childs development that they sleep alone, its all at different rates, but one way or the other LO's have to sleep alone at some point.

I know these subjects are always heated & we should be able to discuss the facts rather than calling the other a liar (which you did me)

I'm actually really upset tbh, I know were not all actual friends but i see you lot as my friends & it hurts coz at first it was claimed that what i had copied from the nhs website was lies & now you claimed that my LO being demanding was lies. I duno it just puts me in a downer.

Its honestly not my fault that the NHS say things about co-sleeping, please dont anyone blame me & start arguments with me about it. Its not fair, i never made anything up or said anything i only "thought" was true. Everyone else apart from 2 ppl on this thread have accepted the comments & made their own comments w/out being personal or starting a deliberate argument about it.

The bottle feeding thing hit a nerve i've had problems with my breasts for years but was determined to BF LO, not only did i have to deal with stopping BF'ing I had to also deal with changing a baby out of a habit it was in - think of this....my challenge was as tough as yours is now, because I had to do the same thing, my LO was in a routine & wouldn't change & so is yours.
Dont have much time so will be short - maybe it was the problem to start with that it was a short response - the reason why I wrote the first paragraph is because I have tried all that you have written and more, all HVs just shrug their shoulders now.

I wasnt saying its not hard work, I have been through it all. We have a routine but he wont sleep in his cot so we are waiting out and keep trying.
But you have to accept that some babies just dont respond to training (maybe its just a phase but a bloody long one) and i feel hurt to by people suggesting I have it easy and havent tried hard enough.

I suggest we close this conversation and go do more important things with our babies and OHs

I'd say that most babies do respond to training to a certain extent. There's many examples of this. Your LO will go in the cot. And your training will pay off. Babies sometimes have to go into hospital for things & i'd say that the majority are fine sleeping in a cot, obviously they're ill but you know what I mean. Not everyone can co-sleep some ppl take medication or are deep sleepers, what about the ppl who cant do it, they have no option, they're babies go into cot & they manage dont they. I'm not saying you or anyone isn't trying hard enough, but....LO's will go into the cot if they need to, if something happened to mum...what would happen to LO if you co-sleep, i'd imagine LO would be sad to be without mum coz wouldn't be used to it, im not saying you do this but....having LO in with you all the time then deciding to put in cot one day isn't gonna work, LO will scream the house down, you have to do it consistently over a period of time so that its not stressful with lots of tears

Uch I duno, i give up with advice, fair enough if you think your LO wont do it, but I personally think your under-estimating your child. I think your LO is alot more capable & indendpendant than you think, they just need a bit of guidence

We've been kinda co-sleeping uptil now, however last night i decided to try and get Mhairi in to her bed more often through the night, and bless her shes a star:D i pulled the moses basket right up to the bed and still breast fed her lying down in bed with me, put when she went back to sleep i just moved her over in to her basket and kept my hand on her for a while, and she settled! :D proud mummy moment :D managed quite good night, she had 3 feeds so i'm really pleased :)

We've been kinda co-sleeping uptil now, however last night i decided to try and get Mhairi in to her bed more often through the night, and bless her shes a star:D i pulled the moses basket right up to the bed and still breast fed her lying down in bed with me, put when she went back to sleep i just moved her over in to her basket and kept my hand on her for a while, and she settled! :D proud mummy moment :D managed quite good night, she had 3 feeds so i'm really pleased :)

Well done babe I'm so happy for u!!
I feed Lilyanna her night feed in my bed then put her in her crib swaddled next to me and she goes 12 hrs :D

But as I said everyone makes own decisions and they know their baby.
Its like breast vs bottle thing. Btw bottle feeding increases risk of SIDS, but HVs dont mention that, do.they?

sent from my Galaxy s2

Every midwife i've seen, and the two sets of ante-natal classes all told us that breast feeding LOWERS the risk of SIDS - which is not the same as bottle feeeding increasing it!

I'm afraid it is the same, just from a different perspective. The risk of SIDS is higher in bottle fed infants than it is in breastfed infants. Whether breastfeeding desceases this risk or bottle feeding increases it is just a matter of which group you assume has the 'normal' amount of risk. For me that's the breastfed group since breastfeeding is more biologically normal than artificial feeding.

Last edited:
I don't see how u feed ur baby affects SIDS at all! I highly doubt bottle feeding increases the risks. And it's not right to say it does on a forum like this

But as I said everyone makes own decisions and they know their baby.
Its like breast vs bottle thing. Btw bottle feeding increases risk of SIDS, but HVs dont mention that, do.they?

sent from my Galaxy s2

Every midwife i've seen, and the two sets of ante-natal classes all told us that breast feeding LOWERS the risk of SIDS - which is not the same as bottle feeeding increasing it!

I'm afraid it is the same, just from a different perspective. The risk of SIDS is higher in bottle fed infants than it is in breastfed infants. Whether breastfeeding desceases this risk or bottle feeding increases it is just a matter of which group you assume has the 'normal' amount of risk. For me that's the breastfed group since breastfeeding is more biologically normal than artificial feeding.

I guess it depends on how you look at it. Most of the research i've read states that by BF'ding - even if only for a little while reduces risk by up to 45% - i would stand by the fact that bottle feeding doesnt increase - because if you change to bottle after being breast even for a little while - that lowered level is still present. Compared to for example - i dunno - shot in the dark here - using a duvet - if you use it one night is higher than if you dont use it the next.

I'm not sure if that makes sense - but i kinda mean that if you breast feed for a week then that lower risk remains present - even if you switch to bottle - where as other things wich lower/increase the risk - are only factors at the exact time they are used iykwim.

sorry that was a bit rambly.
xxx

Well done babe I'm so happy for u!!
I feed Lilyanna her night feed in my bed then put her in her crib swaddled next to me and she goes 12 hrs :D

I was really pleased, will be putting her straight in to her basket tonight after her 10pm ish feed and then leaving the baby monitor on and leaving her there, she usually falls asleep at the end of a feed but is sometimes just sleepy. Do you think i should try to put her in her basket anyway and see if she self settles or is it too much all at once, shes used to falling asleep on me or in my arms, not sure what to do.

I'm not going to close this thread now as I do think it's a subject that people do want advice and differing opinions on if they haven't decided whether they want to or not, but if there are any more personal insults it will be closed x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back