Co-sleeping help please

mermaid

Reaction score
Finley is now refusing to sleep in his cot altogether and I have a job getting him to bed. I have to fall asleep with him on my bed as he wakes every time I put him in his cot - even when he is in a deep sleep. My partner has now moved out of our bed as there is no room. I am worried about Fin rolling over on the duvet or getting his face in the pillows on the bed. I always place him on top of the duvet, in his sleeping bag.

How do you co-sleeping mums sleep safely in your bed? Do you use a pillow or duvet?

hi

i use a bed guard! i pop that on my side of the bed and i use hubby as the other cot side when shes in the middle of us.

Thats a good idea budge! We pushed OH out though as there is no room. Need a king size bed lol. :D

Olivia was reluctant to go in a cot, but she now goes in there at 7 ish till midnight then comes in with me and OH.

It took her a week to except the cot but now shes fine :)

All I did was put her in it during the day and play with her while she was in it, so she got used to going in the cot, at the night I fed her and when she fell asleep I would put her in the cot.

When she got upset I cuddled her and the put her back, after a couple of hours of this she'd settle down and would stay in it for about an hour and then came in with me, each day she stayed a little longer and after a week of it she would stay in for about 3 hours.

Now after a month she will sleep in her cot from 7 ish until 12 maybe 3 in the morning sometimes, depending on if I gave her a dream feed.

I put her in with me then as 1, im too shatterd to stay awake and sit up and feed to put her back and 2 I love a good cuggle with her :hug:

When she sleeps thru ( if she ever does :lol: ) then it will be different as she will sleep in her cot longer.

kellymom.com promotes it

Studies have shown that co-sleeping with a breastfeeding infant promotes bonding, regulates the mother and baby's sleep patterns, plays a role in helping the mother to become more responsive to her baby's cues, and gives both the mother and baby needed rest. The co-sleeping environment also assists mothers in the continuation of breastfeeding on demand, an important step in maintaining mom's milk supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back