co-sleeping with Daddy

pammie1

Reaction score
Does everyone who co-sleeps have both them and their partner/hubby in the bed? I have been sleeping with my baby since a few days old (she is 3months now) my husband works away all week but has been sleeping in another room when he is back as I am scared he wont have the same instincts as me and may roll over on her. If you sleep all three in the bed how safe do you feel? I had read that it is not safe for anyone except the mother to sleep with the baby. Now hubby says he wants to come back ! this means baby will have to go to her cot, I have agreed to this but secretly I dont really feel ready for her to go.

My husband definitely has the same instincts! I have watched him sleep with Jacob on top of him and when Jacob is about to roll to one side, Shaun "catches" him while still sleeping. Also, we were all sleeping and one time I think he thought I was about to roll onto Jacob (who was actually in his own bed) and while still sleeping he put his hand out to stop me. :]

Same here. He has accidently elbowed her in the head, but not hard. And the other night had trapped her arm under him, but no pressure. We're fine here. I'm the one who dislikes co-sleeping.

I sleep curled up next to OH and Ivy gets half a bed to herself lol! She has enough room if she decides to roll (shes not rolling yet but just incase) and I tuck the duvet under me so it doesn't go over her then she just has her blanket over her.

I would not put her in between me and OH because he is a really deep sleeper he never wakes when she crys so I defiantly wouldn't trust it. I have put her next to him sometimes when I am getting dressed in the morning and he does tend to roll very close sometimes so I wouldn't even leave her in bed with him alone ever. Its not his fault lol he just likes sleep! But everyone is different so your OH may be very aware of sharing the bed. :)

We all slept in the same bed but we do have a king size, I don't think it would have been as easy with a double and OH is a big guy too and deep sleeper but I was always very concious of were LO was and if I felt OH coming near her I instinctively pushed him away!

DH and I both co-slept with Alex until he was around 11 months old.

But it became increasingly difficult, even though we were in a king-size bed, because DH is a big man (28 stone) and there just wasn't enough room.

So I am now co-sleeping with Alex in a single bed, and DH (lucky sod) has the king-size to himself lol.

When I was Co-sleeping, all 3 of us were in bed with LO in the middle between us both. We do have a super king size bed though so we had a lot of space. We both have very good instincts.

xx

I used to sleep in between Oliver and my OH, with a bedrail to stop Oliver rolling off the bed. It's only in the last week or so that I'm starting to feel happy putting him in between us because OH is quite a big guy and a deep sleeper, but now Oliver is getting bigger I'm more confident that he would give OH a good kick if he was getting squashed! So far it seems to be working though, OH has said he's more aware of him than he thought he would be.

It doesnt work as easily for us, Dave doesnt spend every night with us but when he does i have to put Tally on my side rather then between us. He's never gone any where near rollign on her but i kept waking to fidn him pulling the covers back up in his sleep and covering her completely. This is in a double bed though, i jsut keep her on the outside and we swap sides if i swap boobs.

You may find at first it's not as natural to him as you'd hoped but i doubt it'd take long for him to get used to it. FWIW when we stay at Dave's in the king size bed theres more then enough room and we've never had any problems with all 3 of us getting a good nights sleep.

Flo sleeps on my side but thats only because its where shes ended up, she does sleep in the middle or next to OH every now and again but hes pretty good, doesnt really move in his sleep and when he does he usually wakes up to roll n stuff lol He loves co-sleeping bless him n its a good job because i love it too !

Like you my OH is away a lot (he has been overseas for three weeks now) but when he is at home we all share our bed. By doing this I feel that OH can maximise his time with our little princess. OH loves co-sleeping! It was actually him who asked me not to move LO to her cot at around two months when I was going to do so.

LO sleeps between us. We use flat pillows and we leave a big gap in between where LO sleeps near the header of the bed - this ensures that neither of us rolls over her (which we wouldn't do anyway I'm sure). We have a kingsize bed in our main home, but just double beds in other two and it's still fine.

I would say just let him in and enjoy the closeness of your baby :hug:

BabyMagic said:
We have a kingsize bed in our main home, but just double beds in other two and it's still fine.

:

lol how many homes do you have?? :D :D

adam sleeps next to me on whichever side i am feeding him from and i am always aware of where OH is a couple of times he has rolled "near" to him and i have just stuck my hand out and stopped him just incase, we are both comfortable doing it and i think you adjust easily to being aware of 2 extra people not just LO BTW we also have a king size bed

When Ellie was younger and slept with us then I put her at the side nearest the edge of the bed and we use a bed guard so that she cant roll off the bed. Now she sleeps either at the side or in the middle as she's bigger and soon lets u know if she want u to move up lol :)

OH's always slept in bed with Isaac and me, and now Ophelia and me, I just haven't felt it ever a problem, but if your not comfortable with it you might not sleep very well but personally I think if you wish to sleep with your baby EVERYONE should respect that and go with it, even your partner, very best wishes :hug: :hug: :hug:

we have never really co-slept so to speak but there have been times when only being in between mummy and daddy is the only way for any of us to get any sleep. I have never worried about OH with it, he is very much aware of her presence... even if he wasnt she would sure let him know was there....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back