co-sleeping help

NICCI

Reaction score
i really dont want to co-sleep but it has gradually started to happen!!! jack settles well usually in his moses basket at the beinning of the night but between one and three he wakes 4 a feed and wont settle unless he is in bed with me!! i know 4 some people co sleeping works but i find i dont sleep very well!! i spent two hours last night trying to settle him between 2.30 and 4.30 but he wouldnt go bk 2 sleep, so ended up in with me and was :sleep: in mins!
anyone got any ideas how to keep him in his basket!!
jack is 14 weeks old and boobie fed if that helps xxxxx

Umm is there any reason he doesnt like the basket ie not enough room maybe, Calleigh lasted two weeks in her moses basket before i had to move her to a cot and then she settled really well all stretched out.

It could also be the fact he wants to be close to you, so have you tried popping in a tshirt maybe that smells of you, he may settle better with that.
Try warming the basket before putting him back with a hot water bottle so he isnt placed onto cool sheets.

If i think of anything else i will add :)

Jack used to wake at around 1.30 then 6am for feeds, and would settle by laying with me, which gradually led to him staying in the bed as I would dropp off too.

Fro 6 weeks he was waking at 3am just to get in our bed.

Now he goes to bed between 7-8pm and stay there until 7-8am! This changed when we switched the heating on in the bedroom and at first we're waking him for a feed at 10pm, but he's not needing that now either :)

has anyone found that moving frm moses basket tocot helped?? xxx

NICCI said:
I moved Jack quite early as he grew so fast. It definately made him less fidgety so he settled easier

NICCI said:

I moved Calleigh to a travel cot when she was a few weeks old. She slept alot better as she could stretch out without hitting her arms of the side which kept waking her.

Angel's 6 months and i'm having a terrible time moving her from my bed to hers. Last night she screamed with a proper paddy for over half an hour!!! She was fast asleep in bed with me so i thought i'd shift her but my god she didn't half let me know her disapproval!!!
I really need my own bed. She's a fidgety sleeper and for the passed few days have constantly been kicked in the stomach so have belly ache.

Hi,

Like you I wasnt keen on co-sleeping at all but my LO hated his mosses basket because his hands touched the sides, in the end he co-slept with my and OH and from that moment on he slept with us in bed. Hes now in his cotbed.

xx

well it was a bit better last night!!! i chickened out of putting him in the cot, so when he woke up i was really persistant and kept shhhhing him and putting the dummy in!! he did settle but woke at 6.15 and i couldnt be bothered spending half n hour settleing him so he came in with me till 7.30 :oops:

I've always put Tally in her own bed (moses until 3months, cot now) at first, whatever time she wakes she comes in to my bed. I also dont sleep as well with her in with me but i found i simply couldnt put her down after she'd woken, she would not be moved. I'd love to be able to get in to her cot lol. The issue isn't with me moving it's with moving her.

An hour or two wont do any harm, we never have any difficulty putting her to bed in her cot, and she plays in there sometimes during the day too.

Have you tried moving away afer he's asleep? I find that helps me sleep as the position i'm in to feed her hurts my hip after a while.

i did try another position but woke up just as i was about to squish him :shock: :shock: :oops:
thats part of the reason i dont want him in the bed!!!! maybe i should try the cot :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back