Clomid girlies thread

Interesting reading on here, I learned a lot :)

Feel slightly out of place amongst all you ladies lol.. I'm the one that has pushed for appointments to get things started, I'm the one that spends hours looking stuff up online etc.

My partner is due to start clomid 50mg after the progesterone takes affect, what I'm wondering is have those of you with irregular cycles found clomid will make your cycles regular? Before medication they could be 6 or more months apart (PCOS)

I hope you all get BFP's! I've known friends talk about trying TTC for a while without success and thought nothing of it but now I've experienced it I know what it is like and how truly hard it can be!

Hi Andy

Yes it should definitely make it regular. Is she being monitored? Ideally she shouldbe but if not she can take her temperature at the same time first thing in the morning to see if she ovulated. For most ladies 50mg is enough but some ladies need to go up to 100mg and for me 50mg was too much!

Good luck xx

Hey ladies, Im on my first month of clomid! Im on it to bring o forward as i was o'ing around cd25-30 When i o'd previously Id get hella sore boobs! Like if I walked so fast or stood up too fast It would make me moan in pain. On cycles when I know I didnt O I wouldnt have sore boobs.
This cycle im not getting any sore boobs at all, but temping is showing me im gearing up to O,
So do you think its just the clomid that is regulating everything? Did you find you had different symptoms ? xx

Yes it could be hun, I did have different symptoms when I ovulated on clomid and in the tww too xx

Interesting reading on here, I learned a lot :)

Feel slightly out of place amongst all you ladies lol.. I'm the one that has pushed for appointments to get things started, I'm the one that spends hours looking stuff up online etc.

My partner is due to start clomid 50mg after the progesterone takes affect, what I'm wondering is have those of you with irregular cycles found clomid will make your cycles regular? Before medication they could be 6 or more months apart (PCOS)

I hope you all get BFP's! I've known friends talk about trying TTC for a while without success and thought nothing of it but now I've experienced it I know what it is like and how truly hard it can be!

Hi Andy

Yes it should definitely make it regular. Is she being monitored? Ideally she shouldbe but if not she can take her temperature at the same time first thing in the morning to see if she ovulated. For most ladies 50mg is enough but some ladies need to go up to 100mg and for me 50mg was too much!

Good luck xx

Thanks :) yeah we have an appointment start of Feb to see if it made her ovulate so fingers crossed :D

CD12 and the hot flushes are making an appearance!

21 day bloods revealed the first round of clomid has been a success :)

Great news andy, so how much into the tww are you both?

Sugar how are things with you, do you think you have ovd on this higher dose?

Crazy are you also in the tww? Good luck to all, lets get some more clomid babies on the way!

Tww over tomorrow, although the letter from the hospital says to test a week after the tww so she's wanting to wait until that.

She had some cramps for a few hours 10dpo and the past week hasn't stopped eating and has been very tired, trying to not spot symptoms but it's hard not to get excited :D

IMG_1697.jpg

1 dpo and on the pineapple!

I had blazing positive CD13 pm, CD14 am and pm
Had ovulation cramps, really painful and made me feel really sick CD13 pm and CD14 pm
Double ovulation?

Last edited:
View attachment 68385

1 dpo and on the pineapple!

I had blazing positive CD13 pm, CD14 am and pm
Had ovulation cramps, really painful and made me feel really sick CD13 pm and CD14 pm
Double ovulation?

More likely to be the same ovulation just taking its time. Your positive means you ovulate in the next 2 days so it fits. FX

Hi, I'm completely new to this, and need some help!

I've been TTC for 1 year, and have taken 3 cycles on clomid 50mg, and I seem to be ovulating on it.

I'm on my 4th cycle but am starting to lose hope! my Dr has said if I don't get pregnant by the 6th cycle he will give me IVF, but i know we only get one go on the NHS.

Has anyone got pregnant on their 4th cycle? also should i go along with what my Dr says or can i stay on clomid for longer? I'm worried that afterIVF they won't offer me any other treatments.

Please help!

:(

Hi RedRose, I got pregnant on my 7th clomid cycle and I'm currently 28 weeks. I was initially offered the same as you, 6 cycles clomid then one go IVF. After my first 6 rounds I really wasn't ready to move to IVF (as it felt too final and we would have struggled to fund more private cycles if it didn't work) and I felt that as I was ovulating on clomid I wanted to try a bit longer that way. My consultant then offered me three further rounds of clomid and then 3 rounds of letrozole. They can be reluctant to give more clomid as it can thin your lining too much so that implantation can't take place. I had one natural cycle in between clomid rounds 6 and 7.
Good luck!

I'm done with clomid! Got an appointment for a different treatment (Letrozole). Clomid has done nothing for me, atleast in a time frame that the clinic would deem good anyway.

Good luck ladies x

Shame about the clomid sugar but great news they are trying you on letrozole. I've heard of a few ladies who had no success at all with clomid and ovulation did ovualte and get pregnant on letrozole. Do you have long to wait until your appointment?

Shame about the clomid sugar but great news they are trying you on letrozole. I've heard of a few ladies who had no success at all with clomid and ovulation did ovualte and get pregnant on letrozole. Do you have long to wait until your appointment?

March but I am unsure whether to keep it because hubby deploys in April. Thinking of making an appointment for May instead then I will have 1 cycle before he is home to figure out if it's working or not.

Hey Ladies, For you that have had a MC, How long after you started bleeding did you take clomid again ?
Thanks xxx

I did a 'natural' cycle after each mc, then started clomid again on the next cycle. One time (my 2nd mc, which was from a natural pregnancy while waiting to start clomid) I needed a bleed inducing to start the clomid, the other (was a chemical) I had a fairly normal cycle, then started clomid on day 3 of my next cycle (and this was the cycle I conceived on). I had a cycle gap with this one as I had actually finished my 6 rounds of clomid and had a consultant appointment coming up, he gave me another three cycles of clomid. What have you been advised to do? I would ask and see what they recommend is best for you.

I did a 'natural' cycle after each mc, then started clomid again on the next cycle. One time (my 2nd mc, which was from a natural pregnancy while waiting to start clomid) I needed a bleed inducing to start the clomid, the other (was a chemical) I had a fairly normal cycle, then started clomid on day 3 of my next cycle (and this was the cycle I conceived on). I had a cycle gap with this one as I had actually finished my 6 rounds of clomid and had a consultant appointment coming up, he gave me another three cycles of clomid. What have you been advised to do? I would ask and see what they recommend is best for you.

Thanks I actually haven't been back to the doctors since ive had the mc, but im booking a app tomorrow. I just hope I stop bleeding soon. I just want to get going again xxx

Morning Ladies

My first round of Clomid was unsuccessful at 50mg. I conceived my son on cycle 8 at 150mg and so the consultant agreed yesterday to put me straight up to that amount. Anyone else had a jump that big? I'm nervous of the side effects. I'm on CD5 today, so upped the dose on CD4 & CD5 only this month, gutted I may have wasted a cycle.

Also, did you use OPKs. I've read they can mislead when using Clomid?

Thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back