Christmas 2013 Thread!

Chezza

Reaction score
Sorry to those that aren't Christmas fans...ignore this thread and pretend it doesn't exist!!

But hello ho ho to all those that are :)

It is officially 100 days til Christmas and having seen a thread on FB about what things you want to get for your LO's...I thought I would start a thread so we can see what ideas everyone has - and get inspiration from others too.

Personally, I am not going to go mad...he has a few smaller items - a wooden shape sorter, push/pull along cars...and I would like to get him a V Tech push along baby walker too. I will pick up a couple more bits, just not sure what yet.

I am also going to create a family tradition for him, so that every Christmas Eve, he gets a box wrapped in Christmas paper...inside will be a pair of Christmas PJ's, a Christmas film on DVD and a couple of other bits that I haven't worked out yet. LO will be given this box to open on CE, early enough to be able to watch the film before bed. :lol:

So what plans / ideas do you have...?

Oh - and mums with older babies, are there any sweets / chocs suitable for a 9 month old..? I don't want him to have too much bad stuff, but a little something would be nice I think...? Any ideas gratefully received :) xx

I love that Christmas Eve tradition. I'm copying!!!!! ;)

Jasmine will be nearly 10 months so we are gonna get her a little ball pool some age appropriate toys and probably some books and clothes. We got her a Santa sack from mamas and papas that was reduced from £16 to £5!!

Great idea for a thread hun and lovley tradition too! :) OH and I were thinking about creating some traditions for Trey.

I have to control myself as I can see myself going crazy!! we went to kiddicare and babies r us last week and I went a bit mad -oops!

I like the idea of walking aids and defo some books and dvds.

I'll be stalking to get some ideas too

Xxxxxx

I already have a massive stocking that I got as a teenager every Christmas. I've got O a Vtech walker, farm animals, shape sorter, mega bloks, push and pull car, mega bloks truck, some peg puzzles (I know he won't be capable of doing them at Christmas but its something to explore as the year goes on) books etc. I got some really great offers during a sale in Argos & kiddicare had a great sale too so while I have quite a few gifts more than I intended everything still cost less than I intended.

I love Xmas. But I'm normally a last min shopper that said because money will be tighter I'm trying to get organised. Lots of home made gifts too this year if I find time to make them! As for Bens presents. Iv no idea he will only be 4.5/5 months ish old so won't remember it am thinking maybe pjs and a cuddly toy or shape sorter type thing off us as I know grandparents will go nuts I like the idea of a tradition. Will prob wait till next yr to start ours. Mince pie carrot and a red wine for Rudolph and Santa plus a gift to open Christmas eve prob some sleep wear /dressing gown/ toy etc to take to bed and then in morn do restv gifts x

Her sack
a9uhazyh.jpg
and her book
e4y8uve3.jpg

Yay I love Christmas :) Love the sound of your Xmas tradition Chezza. My lo will be 5 months so prob not gonna go mad this year as she'll still be far too young to understand. Xmas is expensive enough as it is with me having 3 other children and oh having 2 of his own lol. Will be interesting to see what others are going to be buying their lo's though. Will be needing some inspiration :) xx

Yayyyy a Christmas thread!!!! I blooming love Christmas! My boy is only 5 weeks old but I'm already so excited for his first Xmas! My sis in law does the pjs thing too and I'm going to start it this year along with stockings hanging off the fireplace - I'm also going to subject my little one to lots of Xmas outfits reindeer/ and elf! I know it's tacky but I love it!
It's the first Xmas in our new house (we moved in in may) so can't wait to make it festive and Christmassy! As far as gifts for him I'm not going to go all out as a) we can't afford it b) I'm pretty sure his grandparents are going to go nuts with gifts and c) we're flying to dubai for a week on the 28th to see my brother and sister in law along with grandparents for NY so his main gift will be his first holiday! X

I've got Harry a little Mickey Mouse clubhouse ride on thing that was retailing at £55 but I got it from a b&m for £29.99!
I'm also making up a little craft box for him, I love all things crafty and would love for Harry to love it too so I've got a lovely big box and be been buying things like glue, sequins, crayons etc and will give him that for Xmas too. Well also get him some clothes and stuff but he won't be getting too much as his bday is 8 weeks before Christmas so he'll have gotten tons then! Xxx

I can't wait to start putting Christmas songs on and magical Christmas movies :)

Jasmine will be nearly 10 months so we are gonna get her a little ball pool some age appropriate toys and probably some books and clothes. We got her a Santa sack from mamas and papas that was reduced from £16 to £5!!

Oooh, ball pool...like the sound of that....off I go to hunt one down, thank you!! xx

We've got Harrison a jumperoo & a set of Mr men books so far. I'm not normally a Xmas lover but I'm soo looking forward to it this year!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

James' Birthday is 6 weeks before Crimbo and I have already bought all his gifts (not much to be honest lots of PJ's and books and puzzles and a few toys).

Crimbo I may invest in one of these for him http://www.mothercare.com/Little-Tikes-Cozy-Coupe-30th-Anniversary-Edition/206049,default,pd.html

:lol:

I love, love, love Christmas and I have lots of family traditions I will carry on with James.... Writing a list to Santa, Going to the Harrods Grotto to see Santa, Ice-skating at Somerset House (when he is older), The putting up of the tree 2 weeks before, Putting food out for Santa and the reindeers before bed on Crimbo Eve, getting into PJ's as soon as it get dark on Crimbo eve and putting all the Christmas CD's on and opening the Baileys (me not James lol), hanging up the stocking before going to bed...

James was so teeny last year that although he has technically had a Christmas already this will be the first time he is aware of what is going on :lol:

It will be extra special for me as I am back to work on January 2nd so I am going to make the most of a cosy, cuddly, family Crimbo

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
James' Birthday is 6 weeks before Crimbo and I have already bought all his gifts (not much to be honest lots of PJ's and books and puzzles and a few toys).

Crimbo I may invest in one of these for him http://www.mothercare.com/Little-Tikes-Cozy-Coupe-30th-Anniversary-Edition/206049,default,pd.html

:lol:

I love, love, love Christmas and I have lots of family traditions I will carry on with James.... Writing a list to Santa, Going to the Harrods Grotto to see Santa, Ice-skating at Somerset House (when he is older), The putting up of the tree 2 weeks before, Putting food out for Santa and the reindeers before bed on Crimbo Eve, getting into PJ's as soon as it get dark on Crimbo eve and putting all the Christmas CD's on and opening the Baileys (me not James lol), hanging up the stocking before going to bed...

James was so teeny last year that although he has technically had a Christmas already this will be the first time he is aware of what is going on :lol:

It will be extra special for me as I am back to work on January 2nd so I am going to make the most of a cosy, cuddly, family Crimbo

xxxxxxxx

Oooh, I'm feeling all festive...cant wait to take him to a grotto!! There is a massive Christmas Shop about 20 mins from my house - its only open 8 weeks of the year - and it's like walking into Santa's workshop! Decorations, trees and toys as far as the eye can see - and everything glitters! Its amazing! Cant wait to go there in December this year...funnily enough the place is in a big wooded area called Christmas Common :)

http://www.thetreebarn.co.uk/

I have just ordered the animated version of A Christmas Carol for LO to watch on Christmas Eve :lol: - only £2.50 on Amazon! Bargain xxx

Chezza this thread is killing me! Can it be December now please?

I absolutely love that Christmas eve idea so does hubby, we will copy if you don't mind. I'm a huge Christmas fan and even more excited this year as Hannah will be just over a year old and not 6 weeks haha. And we are having fil over too which will be lovely :) xx

Just booked our slot to see Santa @ Harrods!

My sis and SIL go every year but this is the first year we're going!

xxxxxx

I just ordered The Snowman DVD for O's Christmas Eve box, such a good idea Chezza.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back