Christmas 2013 Thread!

I am suddenly feeling very disorganised with all this talk about christmas! We haven't even thought about it yet! MIL has already bought LO his present, which is a big ball maze thing that will take up half our living room! I don't know about christmas traditions either, usually we spend the actual day between the two families and then have boxing day as christmas day two, spend it at home in our PJs and do our own dinner etc. I just hate the thought of being out all day with LO and would rather have our first Christmas at home. But I know if we don't it will annoy everyone!

After last christmas when I was six months pregnant and worried about gestational diabetes, I'm just looking forwards to having a drink and eating quality street for breakfast!

I can't wait for Christmas this year. Max was 6 months old last year so although he loved the wrapping paper he really didn't have a clue what was going on. This year is going to be so much fun :)

We already have a stocking with his name on (I think MIL got it from Mamas and Papas) so we will fill that with little pressies and he has a plate for Father Christmas so we can put a mince pie and carrot for the reindeer out.

As for pressies Max is really into how things work (a little engineer in the making like his daddy) so we are getting him cars and other transport that come apart and can be put back together. He's into cars in a big way so also some of those and some Tonka trucks, as he also like sitting on everything. I also would like to get him a little teepee as he likes tents.

I can highly recommend a ball pool as Max got one for his 1st birthday and loves it.

I can't wait! xxx

Last edited:
You have no idea how happy all these Christmas threads are making me, I actually live for Christmas (September - December are my favourite months of the year), it makes me so ridiculously excited, and I annoy everybody for months :lol: :dance: It's bed time now, but I shall be back to talk about presents and stuff tomorrow :p

Love this thread! Im a christmas nut at the best of times but now i have my little one i have an excuse to go mad. She will only be 4 -5 months so will have no clue whats going on but it will be nice to do things properly.

Ive already begun my shopping, couldnt resist. I justify it thinking itl be easier on the pocket if i get it month by month. Plus ive picked up a few bargins already. Tescos had some toys reduced including vtec walker. I got it & other bits free with my clubcard points which can be exchanged, £5 to £10. So good savings!

Love the christmas eve box, def be doing that one in few years :) x

I got my lo a personalised Christmas sack. Her name is going to be embroided in gold!
A little gold snowflake pendant with little Swarovski Chrystals on a necklace chain.
A Christmas book.
Boxes wrapped in wrapping paper. So she can rip away to her hearts content!
Part of my feb 2014 bonus into her kids ISA account.

I can't wait but my return to work isn't soon after and I'm dreading it! So for the first time in my life I hope the time from now until Christmas goes by very slowly!
Xxx

Where did you get the embroided sack? I'd love to get one for T.

Xxxxxx

My friend has a little business:
https://m.facebook.com/pages/Smitten/231609956863876?id=231609956863876&_rdr

Let me know if that link doesn't work. It's a really cute site.

Carnat, were getting a fake tree and putting it up on a table and pray for the best! Would be good to see what others are doing!

Xxx

Thanks for the link! Some really gorgeous bits there, I'm sure I won't stop at the stocking lol!!

Xxxx

Have a look on ebay for the outfits!

I got James' from there last year

View attachment 42446

I have an elf outfit for this year. I found it at my Mum's (belongs to one of my nephews!)

I love our tree, we save up our silver change all year and this is for tree / food / drink. We always get a giant tree. I think it will have to be on dining table this year ....

xxxxxxx

Carnat that 's soooooo cute :) :)

Xxxxxxxx

Eeep! Thank you for starting this thread, ive been thinking about christmas for the last couple of weeks but everyone looks at me like im crackers for thinking of it already :)

Im extra excited about christmas this year, i had gestational diabetes last christmas so im going to eat the world this year....and i know LO wont really understand this year, but im so excited about making christmas exciting for him, hehe. So many 'excited's :D

We will be visiting family on the day, i'd rather stay home for our first christmas, but i just keep reminding myself that he wont remember this one anyway, and im going to have him unwrap his very first present ever at home before we go. That way me and OH get the special first, and his grandparents get to help him open his other presents later on, so that will feel special to them. Its a silly little thing really, but something that matters to me. Its LO's first christmas so i understand everyone wanting to be part of it.

No idea what im getting LO yet, ive looked but just wanted to buy everything, so im taking a couple of days to think about it before starting to buy - we're on a tighter budget this year so we cant go crazy. His grandparents will spoil him rotten im sure :)

Ive already started making lists of present ideas for other people, going to start buying soon to spread the cost a little...oh i just cant wait!!

And oh my goodness Carnat, that outfit (and the little cutie in it) is so adorable!!

Chezza im going to steal that wonderful Christmas Eve tradition if thats ok? Its such a lovely idea!

Anyone that wants to do the Christmas Eve tradition is more than welcome! Spread the festive cheer ;-)

I have had a quick look for Christmas PJ's...no luck so far - guessing it's probably a little early yet.

We are going to my mums this year - think there will be around 12 of us, so a nice big family affair as usual. I'm looking forward to having a glass of champers this year and some blue cheese for pudding nom nom nom!

99 days to go!!

http://www.xmasclock.com/

xxxxx

We will be doing the Xmas box- its such a fantastic idea. Might do 1 for hubby too lol. Not sure what to do about a tree, hang it from the ceiling perhaps! X

Anyone that wants to do the Christmas Eve tradition is more than welcome! Spread the festive cheer ;-)

I have had a quick look for Christmas PJ's...no luck so far - guessing it's probably a little early yet.

We are going to my mums this year - think there will be around 12 of us, so a nice big family affair as usual. I'm looking forward to having a glass of champers this year and some blue cheese for pudding nom nom nom!

99 days to go!!

http://www.xmasclock.com/

xxxxx

Boots have some christmas stuff in for little ones. I'm sure there were sleep suits

I assume you're looking for your little fella rather than yourself?!

Yes - Christmas pj's for LO :) Ill have a look in boots...I always forget to look there!! Thanks littlemonkey xx

I'm also stealing your Christmas Eve box idea! Sounds fab :) although Ethan isn't too fussed with the tv/films, he gets bored too quickly so as well as a DVD, I'm also gonna buy a little Christmas book to read to him before bed time. I'm gonna have a look in boots. I've been on the search for his Xmas pjs and can't find any anywhere (probably a bit too early in the year lol) xx

Just had a look on boots website for myself! The xmas stuff they have on there now is only up to 9-12m. Gutted! My LO is in that already! He'll be 12-18m by Christmas at this rate!!

Looks like my parents are spending Christmas day with my grandma as it's the first without Grandad. Which is fair enough. Her dementia is getting bad so.it might be her last one when she remembers us all. We can't go for the day with Hannah as too far but will see her around that time I expect. So Christmas day will just be us three, which will be lovely! Hubby's parents usually just stay home on the IOW.

Love Xmas. I'm getting Max a wooden shape sorter, some v tech baby toys,
books & bath toys. Not going too mad as have 2 very expensive daughters too! X

My lo doesn't watch tv either so will be pointless getting a DVD I think, will have to think of something else. X

Squeal!!! First Christmas brochure through the post this morning!!!! :)

Bought a couple more bits for LO today - nearly finished his shopping now. Just need to find a good push along baby walker now. I was looking at this one...does anyone have it / is it good...?

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_15666_10001

xxx

It's a firm hit in our house and James doesn't even really use it for pushing yet... It has music and lights up and stuff. He loves it!

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back