Christmas 2013 Thread!

Glad to be of help!! :)

Carnat - can you do that online then?? xx

I got my lo a personalised Christmas sack. Her name is going to be embroided in gold!
A little gold snowflake pendant with little Swarovski Crystals on a necklace chain.
A Christmas book.
Boxes wrapped in wrapping paper. So she can rip away to her hearts content!
Part of my feb 2014 bonus into her kids ISA account.

I can't wait but my return to work isn't soon after and I'm dreading it! So for the first time in my life I hope the time from now until Christmas goes by very slowly!
Xxx

Last edited:
*toddles off to order polar express* ahhh I so cant wait for xmas this year!! We wont go daft as it sher birthday two weeks after so she will be spoilt rotten then aswell but I cant wait to take her through on xmas morning to see all her presents! She will be almost one so im not sure she will have much clue whats going on but gotta make her first xmas special :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Carnat - can you do that online then?? xx

My SIL has booked for us??? I think it was online.

It's a slot in late November though as all the good slots are saved for those who go every year.

My sister got a crap slot the first time she went but this is her 4th year and she has a lovely slot week before Crimbo

xxxxxxx

Ohh I can't wait til Christmas now, I'd not even given it a thought until I saw this thread x

I got my lo a personalised Christmas sack. Her name is going to be embroided in gold!
A little gold snowflake pendant with little Swarovski Chrystals on a necklace chain.
A Christmas book.

I can't wait but my return to work isn't soon after and I'm dreading it! So for the first time in my life I hope the time from now until Christmas goes by very slowly!
Xxx

Where did you get the embroided sack? I'd love to get one for T.

Xxxxxx

Ekk roll on exmas!!

Last edited:
Woooo somewhere I can talk about Christmas without everyone rolling their eyes!

I love Christmas and cannot wait! I haven't bought any presents yet, as Logans birthday is in 3 weeks time, but after that there will be no stopping me!

I buy us all new Christmas themed pyjamas every year, to be worn on Christmas eve! I cook the turkey and do any baking on Christmas eve morning, so as on Christmas day I only have to worry about cooking veg! The rest of Christmas eve is pretty lazy, and we always watch Elf on dvd. On Christmas eve night, we prepare Santas treat, sprinkle reindeer food outside, and leave Santa a special key at the door so he can get in!

My eldest is 4, so last year we sarted the tradition of making some of our own decorations. She collected loads of pine cones, which I then had to wash, and then leave to dry for a week or so. We then sprayed them with 'snow' and put them in a vase I think this year we will try it with glitter instead as the 'snow' was so messy! we also made cloved oranges and a present garland. Actually can't wait now!

xxx

Yaaaay! I love Christmas too. Hannah will only be 4 months so I don't think we'll get her muvh at all. Money is very tight and grandparents will go mad I expect (my parents will anyway). Hubby has two girls so we usually buy them things and no-one else gets much! I make things so we'll see how that goes...I guess that'll depend on how well Hannah and I settle into a routine!! Eek!

Tradition wise, watching a Christmas movie Christmas eve is a must! And opening stockings before breakfast... We'll get her littlr things for us to open for her! :)

As for where to spend Christmas day... Tempted to stay home with just us 3 then we have step daughters boxing day. But might br better at my parents (2 hour drive) as then we'll get a lush dinner. I can't imagine cooking one myself this year.... Maybe I'll feel differently by then!

What did everyone do for their first Christmas with their LO? Xx

Oh and I'll be looking for a little Christmas pudding outfit for Hannah! Awww

What are people with toddlers / crawlers doing about a tree?

We always have a massive real one and whilst it survives the cat it won't survive James.

Do we go artificial?

Last year James was 6 weeks and we went to my parents for dinner then went to OH's folks for a few drinks in the evening.

We live a few minutes walk from both sets of parents though!

I say do what you want to do, maybe leave it nearer the time to decide?

xxxxxxxx

We've got an artificial one but she's probably just going to try pull that over!! I'm not a fan of real ones anyway tho!

A little gold snowflake pendant with little Swarovski Chrystals on a necklace chain.
A Christmas book.

Xxx

Where did you get the embroided sack? I'd love to get one for T.

Xxxxxx

My friend has a little business:
https://m.facebook.com/pages/Smitten/231609956863876?id=231609956863876&_rdr

Let me know if that link doesn't work. It's a really cute site.

Carnat, were getting a fake tree and putting it up on a table and pray for the best! Would be good to see what others are doing!

Xxx

Oh and I'll be looking for a little Christmas pudding outfit for Hannah! Awww

Mothercare have got a cute Christmas Pudding outfit:
http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercar...-All-In-One/LZ6390,default,pd.html#q=dress up

I love this one...may be tempted to get it for my LO:
http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Reindeer-Dress-Up-All-In-One/LZ6389,default,pd.html#q=dress up

Just need to find a matching one for my dog now. Hmmmm :lol: xx

Thanks. I guess I'll have to wait as unsure on size, her being so small now! Xx

Eeeeeek how exciting! I love Christmas!! Rhys will only be 8 months...but still will be super exciting! I have no idea what we will be getting him...although we defo need next car seat & more clothes!

Chezza love that idea of a Christmas eve box...Christmas eve is so exciting & new PJs are a must haha! Our tradition is "It's a Wonderful Life" on xmas eve however don't think LO would appreciate that haha! We can enjoy that once he is away to bed! Also love the idea of leaving a special key for santa!

xxx

Have a look on ebay for the outfits!

I got James' from there last year

014.JPG

I have an elf outfit for this year. I found it at my Mum's (belongs to one of my nephews!)

I love our tree, we save up our silver change all year and this is for tree / food / drink. We always get a giant tree. I think it will have to be on dining table this year ....

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Have a look on ebay for the outfits!

I got James' from there last year

View attachment 42446

I have an elf outfit for this year. I found it at my Mum's (belongs to one of my nephews!)

I love our tree, we save up our silver change all year and this is for tree / food / drink. We always get a giant tree. I think it will have to be on dining table this year ....

xxxxxxx

Gorgeous!! :love:

*Goes off to ebay....*!! xx

I can't believe he was that small :shock:

I used that outfit to make Crimbo piccies for the family last year.

Awwww.....

xxxxx

My sister always does the Xmas box with pjs DVD chocs etc and I'm gonna do that too for S!

My lo will be almost 11 months. We are getting her a vtech walker, peg games, shape sorter, clothes, music toys, waybaloo teddy, squiglet DVD and making her a squiglet teddy.

Not even thought about the tree issue! But I know my hubby will not compromise on having a real tree so we will just have to be extra vigilant this year haha!

We will also take her to see Santa at a Xmas park near us. I always go with my nephew and can't wait to go with S this year!

Also will be dressing her in a Santa outfit lol! We always have Xmas dinner with my family and will do the same this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back