chat thread

right girls ive got off the sofa for 10 mins gonna do my best to catch up with everyone :oops: sorry if i miss anyone out xxx

kmac sorry your finding work so tough at the moment hope things settle soon for you :hug: xxx

lisaspoon how you getting on with the body pillow? ive got the one from lidls its fab :D xxx

lea hows 3rd tri hun? only a few more days and there will be loads more of us coming over :D xxx

bexie ive had the same thing with the dizzyness and glittereyes lol my midwife told me it was a drop in blood pressure causes it too :D love the label thing its fab christopher would love that hes obsessed with the labels on everything xxx

jane so sorry to hear about josh being so poorly hope hes better soon :hug: and great news about han coming home for a bit too you must be well pleased :D but shes going again in november? will she be back for the babys birth? xxx

babydust hope you enjoy your holiday hun make sure you get plenty of rest and try and have some fun we are all :pray: :pray: :pray: that you get some good news about your SIL soon hun xxx

hi :wave: to christina sugarhigh mik and gracie hope your all ok :hug: xxx

hope ive not missed anyone :(

feeling really sicky today and not sure if i have a cold coming or if its just some sniffles due to the cold weather all of a sudden :(
thanks everyone for the well wishes and for your lovely comments on my boys scan photos :D
christopher has his glasses :( he wont keep them on though we did manage to get a photo this morning of him with them and if i can get o/h to do it il try and get it on here later today
hope everyones day is ok xxxxxxxxx

Apparently they only give 3 month contracts over the winter and then extend if they are busy and if you want to stay - she will be contracted till the end of January so will hopefully be home for my due date - I have a back up plan anyway :) To be honest Dave seems a bit more together about the whole thing at the minute - bless him he came home last night and said he wants to call the baby Jessica if its a girl!! I have to say I like the name too so thats a blessing and I am more touched that he spent all day driving around the country thinking about it..... Poor little mite has had more names than I can count so far - hopefully when we find out what it is we will decide once and for all, or at least until its born :)

Jane x

HI girls not been on for a few days sorry just really tired still and feeling a bit low. Hope you are all doing well

babydust still sending good vibes to your SIL and am praying she gets good news.
sugarhigh hope you have a nice trip and enjoy seeing your OH's family
rach Christopher will get used to his glasses my DD took a couple of weeks to really start wearing them and she still takes them off all the time so much so she has lost them :roll:
Everyone else sorry I can't remember anything I just read :oops: have a huge :hug:

reallyoldmum said:
He was offered a place at Aber Uni is that where you work?

Yeah i work at Aberystwyth University, it's been like a ghost town here for months and now all the students are back it's buzzing, I feel for all the freshers, it must be so scarey, but also so exciting, they have brought the best weather with them, it's like summer has eventually started. What is your son studying? I work in Maths and Physics, wouldn't be able to tell you my 7 times table though let alone some of the stuff they learn at Uni, straight over my head :lol:

Jessica is one of the names we like for a girl, i think we'd call her Jess, but the current hot favorite is Daisy, and Ollie for a boy.

Rach - I'd love to see a picture of Christopher in his glasses if he manages to keep them on long enough. Phoebe's the same with sun glasses, as soon as they are on, she'll pull them back off, try putting them back on (upside down most times) and end up poking herself in the eye. Hope you feel better soon.

Mik - hope you feel better soon and have more energy.

Just worked out I have nine weeks until I start maternity leave, which I'm sure will fly by, yipee, I've got loads of things happening before then so that should make the time pass quicker. Got my birthday (getting way too old), meeting my best friend, her husband and daughter as they are ocoming over from Canada, and my DD big day out to the hospital as she has a clicky hip, she use to wear a hip harness, now they will be monitoring her until she is 13, so currently we have 6 monthly appointments. We have to drive all the way to Oswestry as the have a Orthopaedic hospital there. I don't think it's really a problem now, but they still want to monitor her as her bones develop. She's really good with the appointments, apart from the last when she was teething and was in a bit of a grump.

Becks x

Josh is doing Geography - he was going to do Maths but I think he burnt himself out doing his A Levels - as he has no clue what he will do after we thought he would be best to do something he loved and then it wont seem too much like hard work.

I love Daisy too but our friend's daughter is called Daisy so its a no no really. Hannah was going to be Ollie if she had been a boy - I think its a lovely name - if this LO is a boy I think we have settled on George Aaron - Dave's family always have a name beginning with A as a middle name - I love Toby too and if we didnt have a cat called it I think we would have gone for Oscar - I so love that name - when I got the cat 13 years ago I had absolutely no idea we would ever have anymore children :).

What names are everyone else thinking of? Fancy having to pick two boys names Rach....

Jane x

Actually Aaron is another name I like.

We have decided on middle names for a girl and boy, both Welsh

Girl - Eira - which means snow, ideal as they will be a christmas baby

Boy - Gethin - which means dark (I'm not dark but my OH is!!) But he wants Maldwyn his dad's name, but I hate the name!!!! I think I will have the final say, what with me carrying the baby, well that's how I'll play it anyway :lol:. Plus I don't want to name the baby after him as he is a grumpy old man!! And we can never do right by him. :(

Afternoon everyone! :)

tons to catch up on you bunch of chatterboxes! :lol:

rach - body pillow seems to be helping although still needs a bit of softening up! Looks like I now have a fortress made out of pillows in my bed now! :D only thing is now, I'm lying on my left (which is normal for me) but getting horrible pains in my hip so have to turn over :( maybe its just the extra weight? hope you are feeling a bit better :hug:

babydust - :pray: you get some good news about your SIL soon....

Bexie - love the zebra print thing :cheer: i've been feeling quesey too past few mornings.... maybe something in the air :hug:

ROM - sorry your son hasn't had the best start to uni... hope he gets better soon :)

lea - how you doing over there in 3rd tri!? :hug:

Mik - hope your feeling a bit brighter soon :hug:

:wave: to everyone else!

Just the usual boring work for me this week! :bored: going to probably start my mat leave on 2nd january, but our office closes from lunchtime on 24th ..so officially off from then! yey! :cheer:
Its mine and OH's 3year anniversary today (well I say "anniversary" we're not married, but 3years since we got together! :lol: ) unsure if we're going out or not, he's not really said anything.... :( :wall:
on the name chat....we keep changing our mind on boys names! We're settled on girls names as either Isla (1st choice) or Eleanor and at the moment for boys its Ben or Cameron...I did have a list of 12 boys names I like which quickly got crossed down by OH...he's very fussy! :lol:

Hope everyone else is well! :) I'm looking forward to my next M/W appointment on friday.....gonna hassle her for the MATB1!

Hiya Everyone :wave:

just been sorting through all the stuff family have bought for the baby and realised that he/she is gonna need to stay newborn for about a year to get the wear outta it all :oops:

to make things worse we aint even bought a single thing yet because we were waiting till we went away on holiday to just spend lots on her/him

:wave: hi all

jane thats great that han will be home for the birth :D and loving the name jessica :D xxx

lisa glad the body pillow is helping hun they do take a little while to soften up xxx

sugarhigh we are the same with baby clothes hun :D xxx

bexie aaron is a lovely name :D xxx

mik how old was your DD when she had to start wearing glasses? xxx

photo of my boy in his new specs :D

Photo-0062.jpg

Oh Rach, Christopher is gorgeous, what a little munchkin, he suits his specs. You'll have to start timing how long he keeps them on for. :lol:

I'm feeling really low this morning, morning started off badly, Phoebe just wouldn't stop winging, she's got a cold at the moment so isn't sleeping well. Also, while getting ready for work we had a power cut, I was just starting to straighten my hair when the power went, naturally my hair is curly/wavy (a right mess), so I've had to come to work looking like I've been dragged through a hedge. As I was driving us in this morning I just wanted to cry, normally I don't get emotional over silly things, but I just started to feel so low, god I wish I was starting my maternity leave now, 9 more weeks!!!! :(. I think it's just tiredness too as I'd just love to go back to bed and curl up in a ball all snug and warm!

Another thing that really annoyed me last night was, as I was leaving work I noticed one of the guys I work with clock me Every time he see's me he passes some sort of comment on the state of my pregnancy as he see's it, I knew he was dying to say something as he saw me walking towards him. As I got level he said "We'll need double doors for you soon, the way your growing" I was furious. I replyed with, "Thanks Les, that's a great compliment", I think he was a bit taken aback with my response. For christs sake I'm pregnant and I'm growing outwards not bloody sideways!! I'm a size 12 with a bump, so I'm just an average size. I think what annoys me more is that every time I see him he has to pass some sort of derogatory comment :twisted:

Hope everyone else is having better days. x

morning all :wave:

thanks for the lovely comments on my little menace :D xxx

bexie sorry your not having a good start to the day hun hope the rest of it goes better for you and that phoebes cold clears soon :( next time that bloke passes any horrible comment to you remind him that it is a sackable offence to bully people you work with and comments that you find upsetting would be classed as bullying that would soon shut him up :evil:
:hug: :hug: :hug: xxx

well still feel a bit grotty today and had an awful nights sleep but did have a bit of good news this morning i got an email :cheer: i found a site on the net that offers to buy all your scrap gold so i sent off for the pack last week dug through all my jewellery boxes and got rid of odd earrings where id lost 1 and a couple of broken chains and tatty old broken rings and they are offering me 148 pound for it :cheer: all stuff ive been meaning to chuck in the bin :rotfl: so glad now that i didnt :D
well girls last day for me here today im off to that scary place 2moro (3rd tri)
hope everyones having a good day xxxxxxxx

Hi :wave:

Sorry i've not chatted for a while. I've still got this dreadfull cold. I went back to work on Tuesday but really only went in so that i could run a few tests on myself as i've been feeling dizzy for a while. I know it can be a preg symptom but wasn't sure if it was that or the cold i've got. So when my blood pressure, iron levels and glucose levels came back all ok i made a doctors app. She says its all down to the cold and its an ear infection therefore i'm not meant to drive when i feel dizzy. She said i've got too options she could give me some tablets which may affect the baby (don't think so do you) or she could sign me of sick for a week. I think you know what i choose. I'm just fed up with it now although i'm not as dizzy today my nose is worse and my head isn't great.

I've still not felt baby move and its beginning to worry me. I've got my 20 week scan next Tuesday so not long to wait. I'm just really worried about everything.

Anyway thats enough moaning from me hope everyone is ok.

Rach: both the scan pics and Christopher in his glasses are great. Thats great news about the jewellry.

Bexie: really sorry you are feeling down this morning. People can be so thoughtless at times sometimes i just wonder if its cos they don't know what else to say. Well i say they could just shut up and things would be ok. Here's a hug :hug: as i think you could do with one. (Although i'm think when i eventually start to get a bump i will need two doors :doh: )

Sugarhigh: although i've not baught a single thing yet i think this baby will have to live in cardigans as both my gran and stuarts mum have been knitting loads. :lol: .

Lisa: hope you had a nice anniversary, Stuart never bothered before but it was our first wedding anniversary this week on the 23rd and he surprised me with getting me some flowers and a digital photo frame. He seems to have found his romantic side. I felt really guilty as i'd had a homonal outburst the night before and had a major strop about a small dent in the kitchen bin. I knew i was over-reacting but i couldn't stop it.

Mik - hope you are ok

ROM: hope your son is feeling better and that he's able to start to enjoy his first week.

Babydust: hope you and your family are ok :pray:

Really sorry if i've forgotten anyone.

Speak soon

Grace xx

gracie sorry your still not well hun have some hugs :hug: :hug: :hug:
try not to worry too much about movements some people dont feel them till about 22 weeks
has the midwife listened to the heartbeat yet? if not maybe give her a call and ask her to have a listen and explain that you are worried due to not feeling any movements and would like some reassurance :hug: xxxxxx

Hi peeps! :wave: :wave:

Bexie - sorry you had a rubbish day :( as for that guy making comments... :evil: I too get comments from people at work.....about my size,, like you a size 12 and growing out not sideways and it p*** me off.... I feel big enough as it is for 21 weeks, and like a hippo.... dont need people telling me I'm going to drop in the next 4 weeks.. grrrr! does he make a lot of comments?..... have a hug :hug: I know what its like to get comments, even from so called friends!

rach - cant belive you're leaving us to go to big girls club.. :( will be keeping an eye on you in tri 3 until i get there!! hehe and you'd better pop back and say hi!!! :hug: :hug:

gracie - sorry you're feeling poo :( as for baby movements - have you felt anything like pops etc? is it your first?

Hi everyone else hope you're ok :wave:

just cooked a meal in last night for our "anniversary" (risotto) yum, and OH got me some roses....aww! lol altho I was in the shopping centre with him when he got them :roll: :roll: maybe I need to get married to pull out that proper romantic side eh!? :lol:
got a midwife appointment tomorrow, which will either be my last or second to last one before tri 3...eeeeek! :shock:

hope everyone is well! xxxxxxxxx

lisa happy anniversary :D hope you have a lovely evening and good luck with the midwife appointment xxxxxxx

cheers rach! :D
cant believe we've been together 3years! feels like 30..... :lol:

wish he would bl**** propose tho....house and a baby on the way!? bout time eh?! :rotfl:

why not beat him to it hun and do the proposing yourself :wink: maybe even tonight as its a special day :D i would if i was you xxxxxxxxx

lol! he's very traditional....and even said if i asked he would say no cause he wants to do it himself!!!!! :lol:
men! :roll: cant win! he's so stubborn at times!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back