Charlotte church co-sleeping

annem

Reaction score
i'm confused i thought co-sleeping was safe and was planning on doing it?

In OK last week it says- 'CHARLOTTE CHURCH, GIVEN WARNING BY COT DEATH CHRAITY

Charlotte Church has caused a stir after revealing in OK! that she sleeps with baby Ruby in the same bed. A cot death charity has warned the singer that there is a huge health risk to the child because she or Gavin may roll over and smother their daughter. They suggest that Charlotte let her daughter sleep in a nearby cot.'

I always thought it was safe unless the parent had been smoking or drinking :think:

What a load of rubbish!
If you co-sleep properly it's fine :x

thats what i thought and i did not understand why they were saying it-i think i should stop watching tv and reading magazines as i just scare myself!

As long as co-sleeping is done safely there is no reason not too! bloody scare mongaring so all the cot companies dont loose out :roll:

Instead of scaring people they should bloody give out guidelines, it really pees me off :x

I co slept with Olivia a lot and shes still alive, I dont smoke, I dont drink and I dont use a quilt when I have her, its pretty simple to follow.

I always thought it was a huge no no, regardless of drinking/smoking as you can roll over and suffocate your baby. I have never co-slept with Dan, I've always wanted too, but I've been to scared to risk it. I never know what to believe anymore!!

It wasn't until I came onto the forum that I realised that people co-slept with babies.

emma28 said:
It wasn't until I came onto the forum that I realised that people co-slept with babies.

Me too. If you go by what the hospital, SIDS and your HV says. I didn't think anyone co-slept.

i won't be co-sleeping, i don't think i'd dare :shock:

Misslarue said:
emma28 said:

Me too. If you go by what the hospital, SIDS and your HV says. I didn't think anyone co-slept.

My hospital asked me if I wanted them to put the sides up on the bed so I could co-sleep!

Also look how many babies have died in unsafe or faulty cribs, yet parents are told over and over to put babies in their own room, crib, etc. :roll:

Urchin said:
Misslarue said:
emma28 said:

My hospital asked me if I wanted them to put the sides up on the bed so I could co-sleep!

My were very strict, they were signs all over saying that if they found you asleep in bed (although its your choice) hospital policy meant they would quietly put your baby back in its cot.

I've always wanted to co-sleep but I've always been too scared of something awful happening. Whenever I've looked at the SIDS advice, the risk factor increases for premature males, both of which Dan is.
My OH has wanted to but I've always thought it was not allowed!

annem said:
i'm confused i thought co-sleeping was safe and was planning on doing it?

In OK last week it says- 'CHARLOTTE CHURCH, GIVEN WARNING BY COT DEATH CHRAITY

Charlotte Church has caused a stir after revealing in OK! that she sleeps with baby Ruby in the same bed. A cot death charity has warned the singer that there is a huge health risk to the child because she or Gavin may roll over and smother their daughter. They suggest that Charlotte let her daughter sleep in a nearby cot.'

charlotte church should tell them all to fook off and mind their own business. Its up to her how she raises her daughter.
I co slept with all my babies WITH a quilt and they are all fit and well.
Co sleeping happens all over the world in hot countries cold countries and babies survive. In fact in some countries were co sleeping is the only way cot death is unheard of.

Urchin said:
Misslarue said:
emma28 said:

#

mine supplied me with a cot side .......

silly questions.................but how do you do it then??

Where do they sleep if you share with your OH too? Do they go under the quilt and on the pillow and is Dan too old now that he can roll over??

The best think to do is get like a babydan bedrail or put bed against thewall, and put baby that side and OH sleep next to you, I occasionaly have Olivia in between us and OH sleeps on the edge of the bed.

I put my arm around the top of her or rested her head on my arm and left my booby out for her.

Never use a quilt for you and baby, I only used a sheet or one of her covers, make sure there are no gaps where they can trap themselves, dont drink and co sleep, smoke or use drugs ( im sure you wouldnt anyway :D )

At Olivias age now I dont do it very much and she trys crawling around on the bed :roll:

Misslarue said:
silly questions.................but how do you do it then??

Where do they sleep if you share with your OH too? Do they go under the quilt and on the pillow and is Dan too old now that he can roll over??

mine slept to the right and left of me depending which boob they were feeding off. As they got older and didn't have a night feed they have slept in the middle of us.
i used a cot side to stop them falling out of bed.

Tasha20 said:
Never use a quilt for you and baby,

using a quilt is fine tasha so long its not coveringthe baby from the chest upwards.
They can rugulate their body heat ok so long as their top half is uncovered.

Thanks Tasha20 and budge :D
OH wants to do it tonight, I'm scared lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back