Charlotte church co-sleeping

co-sleeping is sooooooo nice!

I can't do it with Sam anymore because he keeps bashing my face!

monster_munch said:
I co slept my daughter - and everytime my husband moved I would put an arm over her just in case. Neither of us ever came close to rolling on her - but it is a personal choice. She is now 20 months old and sleeps in a proper bed in her own room. She went into a cot at 5 1/2 months (when I stopped BFing - although not through choice) and has never looked back.

IMO it made her more secure in knowing that I was always next to her and she never cried at night. I would do it again in a flash.

yep Seren is exactly the same. In fact the other morning she got out of our bed and went back into her own. That article is just a load of pants - I think the figures say about 40% of cot death was when baby was in bed with parents (and that includes deaths caused by parents beig drunk etc, sleeping woth baby on a sofa etc etc} yet that would leave 60% that have died whilst in a cot yet we are being told that that is safer???? Makes me wonder how as a speices we have ever managed cosidering co-sleeping is the most natural thing ever. Budge if you set up that website I would certainly be a supporter.

budge said:
Squiglet said:
well i remember bringing Tia into my bed when I was in hospital and falling asleep with her there... the midwife went absolutely ballistic at me... saying that I was trying to kill my child... in front of all the other mothers on the ward... I couldn't wait to get out of there... which is why this time round, I will be discharging myself the minute I feel fit to leave...

Co sleeping is like anything, it's safe if it is done properly... and most mothers in the world do it....its only the more westernised societies that frown on it.

I was like budge... I loved co sleeping with Tia, its so natural and so comforting to have that baby next to you.. and you sleep so lightly when they are in the bed with you anyways... just when they get older you kinda want them in their own bed and you want your freedom back... and if you have a clingy child, then that's just not possible...

BTW I will be co sleeping with this child too... what can I say I'm a glutton for punishment. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i think if you BF you can't really help but co sleep either.
i have draggedthem into bed with me from their moses basket whilst still half asleep - latched them on and woken up with them still suclking 5 hours later :rotfl: OMG thats so naughty though :rotfl:

5 hours, :shock: thats fantastic

It would be interesting to know whether Charlotte Church had let Hello have pics of her and new bub and not OK. I could be wrong but it sounds like something that OK would write out of spite for not getting rights to her pics?

Alex has been sleeping with us for a few weeks now.....BUT.....

this morning Phil informed me that during the night he woke up to find that my hand was on Alex's face and that he had to move it off quickly!
:shock: :shock:

I have absolutely no recollection of this, and now I'm fooking TERRIFIED of killing Alex without meaning to!

I don't know what the hell to do tonight :( Alex cries his heart out during the night if he's not in with us, but I'm petrified! :cry:

I have personally never felt comfortable with co sleeping as I am too scared I might roll on to Jake and suffocate him. Now that he is older he sometimes comes in to bed with us for an hour in the morning but that is it. We have to be careful now though because if we fall asleep and he doesn't he tries to leap off of the end of the bed or else smacks us or pulls our hair. We did have a few nights actually when we put Jake in bed with us in the early hours because he was crying and wouldn't settle but to be honest I didn't feel safe having him in our bed so it didn't/doesn't happen much.

This is a link to the FSID site :D

http://www.fsid.org.uk/babycare.html

lauramumof2 said:
budge said:
Squiglet said:
well i remember bringing Tia into my bed when I was in hospital and falling asleep with her there... the midwife went absolutely ballistic at me... saying that I was trying to kill my child... in front of all the other mothers on the ward... I couldn't wait to get out of there... which is why this time round, I will be discharging myself the minute I feel fit to leave...

Co sleeping is like anything, it's safe if it is done properly... and most mothers in the world do it....its only the more westernised societies that frown on it.

I was like budge... I loved co sleeping with Tia, its so natural and so comforting to have that baby next to you.. and you sleep so lightly when they are in the bed with you anyways... just when they get older you kinda want them in their own bed and you want your freedom back... and if you have a clingy child, then that's just not possible...

BTW I will be co sleeping with this child too... what can I say I'm a glutton for punishment. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i think if you BF you can't really help but co sleep either.
i have draggedthem into bed with me from their moses basket whilst still half asleep - latched them on and woken up with them still suclking 5 hours later :rotfl: OMG thats so naughty though :rotfl:

5 hours, :shock: thats fantastic

im sure she didn't suckle for five hours non stop. she re latched.

I think she should tell them to bugger off and mind their own business, shes a sensible girl and im sure she knows what shes doing.

budge said:

Seren used to this,it was great - I would wake up and she would be happy feeding away. No getting up out of bed, no having to wake up, bliss :)

beanie said:
budge said:

Sere usedto this,it was great - I would wake up and she would be happy feeding away. No getting up out of bed, no having to wake up, bliss :)

yep its fab!! im far too spoiled and lazy to bottle feed :lol:

When Ben was first born, the midwives showed us how to breat feed lying down and advised us to co-sleep with our babies, as it made BF much easier and helkped milk aupply.

Our first night at home, everytime we put Ben in his moses basket he screamed and screamed, we rang MW for advice (1st time mummy panicing that he hated us!!!!), she said put him in your bed. The three of us got into bed and he was asleep within minutes!! We don't tend to do it anymore, but it was lovely for those first few weeks.

Also, most babies that have died when co-sleeping have happened because of over heating not parents rolling on to them (according to my MW)

I co slept with Thea even though i was adamant i wasnt going to. It was encouraged by the hospital and they showed us how to do it safely. Im sure it helped Thea sleep all night from an early age and i got more sleep because she had boobie on tap.
I miss her now she is in her own room and she still comes in to our bed if she wakes early. She kicks us to bits now though lol

I sleep with D if he is unsettled or unwell..he loves it but knows he has his own bed..I lay on my side with him and know i don't sleep on my tummy so wouldn't roll on him

I wish D would latch on while i am asleep half the time he wants me to hold my boob in position for him lol lazy boy.

I make sure his chest is uncovered and know he will be fine

my Dh on the other hand takes meds and has night terrrors so isn't safe to sleep with our son.

laetitia85 said:
i will only co-sleep when baby is a bit older - like 9 months. and not during the night. only when we take naps together etc.
i am too scared to co-ssleep when baby is a newborn

Never say never :wink: I didnt think Madds would be in bed with us but it was the ONLY way she would sleep up until 3 nights ago (she now goes down in moses basket) :hug:

Kimbo said:
i won't be co-sleeping, i don't think i'd dare :shock:

i was like that, my friend co slept with her baby, and i thought :shakehead: i'm not doing that... say if i roll over etc

but i've done it since nay has been born, i even did it in the hospital :roll: .

i think when your a mum you just know, and your so aware that your baby is there.

as long as your taking drugs and drinking.

i think it's best place for baby to be, and if you are going to breast feed it's sooo much easier.

i think it's good aslong as you nip it in the bud when baby gets older.

the only down side that you want your bed back.

was a boxer werent there and his gf/wife killed their son accidentally cause they basically suffocated him. when they awoke found him between them dead. they were very tired and silly to have him in bed with them. no offense to anyone im shattered and annoyed with NATIONAL EXPRESS so please dont have a go at me lol in a right mood for arguing :)

FFS she should tell them to bugger off, her baby, her rules. Makes me so cross, sanctimonious pricks.

HI

tbh my hospital was the one that taught me to BF laying down after my section and said its a handy way of feeding baby while you co sleep and i did it for 6 months with Kiara and will be for 2 more months with Kadyn and up to a year for naps :) when i have them at the same time.

Katrina

i think that all midwives, and health care visitors have different opinions, and that is why we have conflicting evidence of what is saver etc.. etc.. everyone has their own opinion.. and i think ultimatly you know what is best for you and your baby.

i co-slept with charl..and think i will probably do it again..depending on how we both feel when it arrives.. plus if the midwife or helath visitor has anything tos ay.. i will be informing them that.. umm excuse me but this isnt your baby.. and i will do what i feel is right not what you think is.. end of.. lol..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back