Can someone please slap me?

OMG MissJ! I do stuff like that lol

I'm glad you got some done :good:

Lol I'm terrible! I need even numbers, I feel wonky with odd ones! :rofl: x x

I'm having the same problem hun!! OH is being great but i just cant motivate myself! I find the biggest loser is better on the wii although the wiifit is better for weighing yourself and checking your BMI. We should set ourselves a challenge hun! Try and do it together via PF! x

Lol at the OCD... Glad its not just me!
MissJ - we're expecting an update today when you've done your 30 mins! ;) xxx

Miss j sounds like you're doing great. On motivation, I always do better if I set a series of small targets. By the end of the week I'll have done 2hrs, by the end of the month I'll be eating 3 super healthy meals a week etc

Hi MissJ,

Just wanted to wish you luck! its not an easy journey at all, but its one that you will, I promise, feel amazing about. I lost almost 4 stone last year after my first m/c and the hardest thing like everyone has said is getting started. Once I started it got easier and easier. Once you weigh youself (only weigh yourself once a week or so as its easy to get obsessed!) after your first week of diet and exercise its a great feeling even if only 1 or 2 pounds have gone, because you will know its a start. How are you with walking? I used to walk the dog a lot which doesn't sound like much but combined with healthy eating its great.

The best tips I can give are only eat when you feel hungry - don't go on routine, eat what YOU are meant to eat and don't be influenced by hubby's diet (this was the hardest thing for me, he eats loads of chocolate and processed food and big portions!) and a good dessert tip is if you feel like you need a dessert after a meal, just have something really tiny and sweet like a square of chocolate and then leave it about 10 minutes, I always find that's enough and I don't really want a dessert then. Food wise, its kind of about re-training your brain to feel guilty about food that is bad for you!! Don't go on one of the diet programmes where you pay for the food to be delivered or anything like that - fresh veggies, lots of proteins and low carb (or always have wholemeal bread and pasta if you need the carbs) is deffo the way to go.

Keep us posted and lots of luck xxxxxxxxxxxx

I know what you mean about getting motivated, my hubby goes to the gym 3 times a week and is always nagging me to do some excercise.

About 3 weeks ago I dusted off my old Minstry of Sound Dance Aerobics dvd and have been doing that 3 times a week in the comfort of my own home.

It was a struggle at first and I found I could only do 20 minutes at first but I am now up to 45 minutes and it wont be long before I can do the full routine.

I HATE HATE HATE gyms, so I needed something that was fun and easy and this seems to be working for me, I think a Wii Fit would be really good for you as there is so much choice to pick from.

My motivation is the washboard abs of the dancers "I WANT THEM" lol ... so when i feel myself flagging I tell myself I will have a flat tummy ..... maybe you could find something that motivates you when you workout it does help!!

The first few workouts are the worse but it does get easier I promise, stick with it chick xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back