Any advice? **Update - Cycle 1 of Clomid begins!**

MissJuly10

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm not starting it yet, on day 7 of Norethisterone so got 3 more days of it then awaiting AF which I hope won't leave me waiting too long.

I start 100mg Clomid on CD 2 - 6 and will be using both cheapie ov tests and my digi ones to hopefully confirm the Clomid is working.

I want to maximise our chances as much as possible while we've got the Clomid so DH and I have been discussing what changes we can make to our diets, even the little things like not having hot baths which I do have at the mo.

I'm a bit heavier than I want to be, so defo want to lose some weight so have cut out junk food and will be starting the exercise bike again, plus the Wii fit and weights.

I've read that Clomid dries up your CM. Should I look at Pre Seed? But we never use lubricants so not sure about it. :think:

Any advice is gratefully welcomed. :)

x

Last edited:
welcome to the clomid gang xx

Im on CD 3 of my 2nd 100mg cycle - i didnt notice any reduction in CM - i was very horny i dont know if thats just me or addition to the clomid/hormones x

I stayed TTotal in the 2ww but other than that nothin changed xx

I Ov CD 14 on the clomid :) and ended up with a normal 27 day cycle xx

All i will say to you is dont fully pin all of your hopes on it - be optimistic and hopeful but just remember it is your first go :) I dont want you to come back down to earth with a bump like me!!

Also buy a punch bag?? I was so unbelievably moody and angry lol!!

xxx

All i will say to you is dont fully pin all of your hopes on it - be optimistic and hopeful but just remember it is your first go :) I dont want you to come back down to earth with a bump like me!!

Also buy a punch bag?? I was so unbelievably moody and angry lol!!

xxx

Lol yeah I know hun, I'm not going to take it thinking it'll work on our first go, I've already chatted to DH and said it might not work for us.

But there's no reason why it won't though so got plenty of PMA. :)

x x

Hey Miss J,

I don't rate preseed or conceive plus and clomid didn't affect CM at all for me.

I do think drinking loads of water and eating fresh fruit and veg helps, and no alcohol too.

I still had baths but stopped putting bubble bath in.

How many people has clomid actually worked for here in LTTTC, I don't really count as I already OV'd??

My doc said it ups your chances from 0 to 17% each month if you don't OV already that's compared to 20% chance for a normal couple ttc naturally, so it's not a miracle drug.

Don't you find loads of stories where it works first time when you Google though? :wall2:

Maybe you girls should make a clomid success thread, log who it made OV on what dose etc and who got preggers, might be interesting...:)

Good luck! Sending lots of OV dust!!:)

Xx

Hey hon, I didnt really notice any symptoms with the clomid apart from in the middle of the night I did get some hot sweats. I took the tablet at night to stop the sweats happening during the day on the advice of someone on here. Unfortunately neither 50 mg or 10 mg were successful for me but I do wish you all the luck MissJ!! Xxxx

Hey Hun, I started On 50mg of clomid in feb after not ovulating since my little girl was stillborn in september, my body just kinda shut down :-(
Anyway since sept my cycles had been between 37-43 days.
On first round of clomid I ovulated on cd23 (started using cheapie opk and was also using clearblue fertility monitor from about cd 8) was told clomid meant to regulate Cycles but it didn't for me hence ovulating on cd23, but somehow we caught got lucky and I got my bfp on 21st march, am 10+1 today, so don't get dishearted if you don't ovulate early, I was convinced af was on her way,cramping etc, and the only side affects I had on the clomid was hot sweats but I found talking it before going to bed was best!
Good luck!! X

Prepare yourself for hot flushes day and night, when you first start clomid they are horrible, I have been taking it a while now and they arent as bad, not sure if thats cause my body is getting use to it!!

Also dont worry if you dont get positive opk's around CD14 the earliest I ever ovulated on clomid was cd17 and the latest was something like cd35.

I did notice my cm was dry when I first started clomid, but again it doesnt seem to have such an effect on it anymore, so it may be worth getting some pre-seed just in case.

I reckon I ovulated on everyone of my clomid cycles but only had a few confirmed by bloods and scans, and have had 50mg to 150mg, sadly for me it hasnt got me pregnant, I hope you are one of the lucky ones xxx

One of my cycles I got preggers was a cd25 OV.

Vic, how are you doing have you ov'd yet? :)

Xx

only on cd14 at the moment so may have a bit of a wait yet, although I have noticed some extra cm today and my right ovary is killing me so might start using opk's!!

Ooh definitely start, EWCM would always come just before my + opk. :)

Xx

well my theory last month about not ovulating until a few days after a positive opk was quickly shot down when I started AF dead on 2 weeks after my positive!! So I must have ovulated on the day of my positive ... urghhhh its so confusing!!

If you BD every other day you'll have all bases covered :)

Xx

clomid doesnt affect me physically but did make me more emotional. could be in my head though as i know clomid could do that iykwim. as for cm i wasnt affectd but make sure if u use lube tits sperm friendly ie preseed or concieve plus, durex and ky etc will kill the swimmers :shock:

Thanks everyone. :)

My diet isn't too bad really, I eat loads of veg and lots of fruit - I just need to exercise a bit more.

I know there may not be 100's of success stories on here, but PF is just one forum, there's plenty on other forums which is obvious from Googling, as Maybe said. I don't see Clomid as a miracle drug as I've said lots of times, I'm fully aware it doesn't work for everyone but at the same time, who's to say it won't for me? :pray:

I'm going to do my best to improve my chances, even if it's only by 1%, it's still an improvement. After nearly 2 years of having pretty much no chance of conceiving, to be able to have an opportunity by taking Clomid is huge to me and I'm full of PMA.

Had cramps on and off today, hopefully a sign that AF won't be too far away once I finish the Norethisterone. :thumbup:

x x

Last edited:
Good for you with the PMA!! keep strong hun! I have to agree tho the hot flushes are the worst i think!! Poor Chris was bloody freezing and i was shoving the covers off cos i was dripping with sweat lol!!

I have all my fingers and all but my 2 broken toes crossed for you :) xxx

Good for you with the PMA!! keep strong hun! I have to agree tho the hot flushes are the worst i think!! Poor Chris was bloody freezing and i was shoving the covers off cos i was dripping with sweat lol!!

I have all my fingers and all but my 2 broken toes crossed for you :) xxx

Lol thanks Nicky. x

I just finally feel like we've got a good chance and I don't want to sit pondering the negatives and the what if's etc.

Clomid might be just the kick up the arse my body needs.

And I know it might not. :rolleyes:

x

There are pros and cons to everything hun - nothing is guaranteed! just keep hoping for the best xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back