can opks be an indication of pregnancy?

Constantstar

Reaction score
hi guys, im due for af in a few days. Im a poas addict and ran out of hpts. I had ovulation tests though and thought ah what the hell il try one and a faint line came up...is this a good sign?? I know opks and hpts look for different hormones but should i get a faint line at this late stage?? Just wondering if its a good sign or not related at all!!
So far ive got achy bbs, headaches, been shattered (has afternoon nap everyday this week) sudden burst of energy this am though, been up since 5.30 cleaning!!, stomach aches, feel like afs on its way but its more of an ache down below rather than stomach, had thrush and feel a bit under the weather. Ai will go get some hpts but just wanted to know can opks have lines at any time during ur cycle??Ta :)

i dnt know hun but tbh i wud go by the result after you have missed af for a few days

As you mentioned it really depend on your ovulation strips.

The only time they may be used to indicate pregnancy is if they detect *both* LH and HCG.

To predict ovulation they only technically need to detect LH and therefore many only test for LH. Those strips will not be able to indicate pregnancy.

If you do have strips that detect both LH and HCG, a positive may indicate pregnancy presuming it is reacting to HCG but there is no way of being sure that it isn't just reacting to LH.

Best way is to go get a HPT or wait until AF is late

Good luck

x x x

just used a predictor preg test and neg :( i think im due in 4 days if i have a 34 day cycle like last time. So again i guess could be too early. I should really wait until wed to test properly but im a poas addict!! X

I'm quite rational most of the time but even i am starting to get tempted by the HPTs in the drawers but i know it's too early.

I think that once they go, i'm not going to buy any more in until i am actually late.

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't cost a few quid each :oooo:

Sorry about your BFN but it might be just too early like you said :)

When i got pregnant (mmc) it was taking ovulation tests that i found out i was. My ovulation test was like i was ovulating, so they can be a sign but a faint test would not be a positive, i think your testing too early though. Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back