Campbell has kidney problems... updated: 12/08/11

Sometimes that doesn't make it any easier for us though :hugs:

Nope not one bit :-( Im wondering if I'll be allowed in whilst he goes under this time while pregnant Xx

Sent from my shit hot phone! Fo shizzle home girls.

I wouldn't see why not, it will be Cam they are giving the anaesthesia to, as far as I am aware there are no restrictions on pregnant staff going in x

Okay good. Its just i always cuddle him and breathe some in too!! That stuff has an awful smell. You can smell it on you for ages Xx

Currently clock watching as Campbell is under general atm. Hopeful it wont be an overnight stay Xx

Hope he doesn't have to stay over night xx

Me too. This is his fourth one all but the first has been day patient. Doctor sounded more like this could be overnight of he had to make cuts. X

Op went well..he recovered best he has so far. Scar tissue looks good and surgeon is happy to see.him again in December. Which is.wonderful as was every 3 months.previously. Strictures can be very.unpredictable.

Now just waiting for ultrasound results and renal bloods. It seems the cause of all his problems are finally getting sorted but we now have the aftermath to deal with in the months / years ahead Xx

Thanks hun.

Just adding some pics for my records. Nice to have them in one spot.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357409807150.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357409807150.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 43
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357409830280.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357409830280.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 43
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357409906233.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357409906233.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357409934622.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357409934622.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 43
  • uploadfromtaptalk1357409998672.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357409998672.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 43
In order of ops, first is when he was rushed in with suspected meningitis.

The op in Jan last year, op in April last year.

He looks very cute in all of those pictures pudds xxxx

Update: Cam's had a funny turn with his fingernails. He has always had really odd toenails. They are thick and curved and dont grow much at all. I always thought that was just the way they were. However in the last month or so his fingernails have started to fall off, from the cuticle upwards.

So, I took him to the GP to see if she thought it was cause for concern. Remembering Cam has HFMD around the same time his nails began to come off I thought she would put it down to that. She wasnt really sure tbh. She reckons the toenails are something renal but the fingernails as we thought could be the backend of the HFMD coming out. She wanted me to watch him closely for the next few weeks and if it continues to take him back to test.

Then last week... he had an appointment with his local consultant. I told him everything above and he seemed quite concerned about the change in his nails. With them being a "window into the body" he asked for bloodwork and clippings to be taken there and then. We are currently waiting the result of these. It could be that something has changed in Cams kidney function that has caused this. Alternatively it could be completely unrelated.

We see the nephrologist in April xx

Last edited:
I hope its nothing hun. Big hugs xxx

tapatalking x

Me too! He's got five coming off atm Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Some seem to, others he doesn't notice until they come off.

I feel so panicky tonight. Just the thought of something being wrong. I watched him pee earlier and the stream wasn't strong which is a sign. I Will phone consultant in the am x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back