Buying things, decorating etc...

twinkles

Reaction score
Hey girls,

Just wondering when everyone is planning on buying bits to get the collection going? I was thinking after 20week scan but now dh granny has bought us bits I don't think it will be long before we start getting bits from other family members!

Also when do u plan to start decorating? Again I thought after20 week scan but we are going to stay neural as not finding out the sex so that could be thought about at any time I guess?!

So far we are getting all big jobs done, back garden being paved, got to decorate the hall and landing and sort our spare room out, only other room to do is the babies!

Whats your thoughts on this? X

I decided to wait on everything til after the 20 week scan, but we wanted to find out baby's gender. As it turns out I still haven't fully decided on anything, although I've narrowed my choices down a lot. Cos I had decided to wait til the 20 week scan I'm now really wanting to buy stuff, but I'm having to wait on circumstances at home now :(.

I'd say for decorating do it when you're ready to as you aren't going gender specific.

At the moment we are sorting the lounge out. Once that's done we will move on to the nursery. Hopefully by then I will have some idea of how I'm gonna decorate it. I was hoping to get the pram very soon, but OHs mom n dad said they will buy it, but it won't be for a few months yet :(.

We aimed to wait until 20wk scan but bought a few bits before. Wr decorated the nursery this weekend, That was due to the bank holiday tho, furniture is getting delivered this week when I'm 24wks. Weve stayed team yellow to and decorated in chocolate and cream with some lovely Teddy bear stickers of ebay on neutral deff doesn't mean plain :)

Thanks girls, I think we are pn the right track getting every thing else done in the house first! Going to paint the babies room soon as the hall out side will be getting painted to but as it's going to be neutral that doenst matter, thinking of wallpapering one wall just need to decide what!!!

Having a good clear put now of our spare room, just don't know where to start!!!x

We're planning to decorate as we couldn't do it first time round but I'm stuck on what to do with it as I'm thinking neutral with accessories so when we sell the house it's not too babyfied!!

Lots of neutral ideas if u google it, still stuck mind!!! Thinking ivory Walls and mint wall paper with some design on it!!! White furniture!x

We decorated LOs room last weekend, its a warm cream because we are team yellow. We have a White cot and changing unit with a cream and white nursing chair. I think we will hold out on anything else until LO is here when we know weather to go for a jungle theme or a shabby chic girlie theme. We bought vest suits, sleepsuits, socks, some nappies and wipes and I think we will stop there now! Getting very excited seeing LO's room coming together x

See I had it all planned then I'm pg again and although we know the sex I've been told so many stories of our hospital getting it wrong I'm afraid to go with it. I'm wondering whether to just paint and put up panels of wallpaper over canvas once baby is here. I already have a personalised name canvas for my ds side of the room!

Our spare room was already neutral in a colour that suits the scheme I'm going for, it's kind of light mocha? Or biscuit or something? A nice neutral earthy colour anyway.
We started buying things early on, I just picked up bargains as we went along, I didn't want to be superstitious as regardless of whether or not something bad happened we would still need the things eventually. We have pretty much everything needed now to get the spare room babyfied by the end of the week, once I have the cot built up. So exciting!! :D xx

It makes me excited just reading what ur all doing!!!! Well today I have sorted our spare room got rid of loads, so everything like gym equiptment that was in baby room has now gone in spare room!!!!! Meaning baby room is now completely empty ready to be painted, think I want to wallpaper one wall like a sage or mint green, thinking White furniture, then will add pink or blue things once baby is born, figure mint pastel green will go with either!!!x

We've just moved into a house from a little flat, so we've got the other rooms to get sorted first! We hope to find out on Friday whether we're team blue or pink - but either way we're keeping it quite neutral as we want a teddy bear theme. Hopefully we'll make a start in a few weeks.

We've got a few bits. The pram is on order, we've got a crib for our room, and we've just won a gorgeous white cot from eBay. Plus there's a small fitted wardrobe already in baby's room which we're going to paint white. Just need to get a chest of draws, and get started!

I started buying at 20 weeks and have managed to get the flat decorated and nicely sprung clean, still yet to put up the cot and get the baby corner ready xxx

We've just moved into a house from a little flat, so we've got the other rooms to get sorted first! We hope to find out on Friday whether we're team blue or pink - but either way we're keeping it quite neutral as we want a teddy bear theme. Hopefully we'll make a start in a few weeks.

We've got a few bits. The pram is on order, we've got a crib for our room, and we've just won a gorgeous white cot from eBay. Plus there's a small fitted wardrobe already in baby's room which we're going to paint white. Just need to get a chest of draws, and get started!

ours is Teddy bear themed, on ebay theres some lovely Teddy wall stickers, Daographics we got ours from :) x

Last edited:
Im going to start after 20 week scan as we are finding out the sex so will make things alot easier. Gunna keep the nursery quite neutral maybe with wall stickers, also gunna go to the baby show at the NEC so should get lots of ideas from that xxx

Im going to start after 20 week scan as we are finding out the sex so will make things alot easier. Gunna keep the nursery quite neutral maybe with wall stickers, also gunna go to the baby show at the NEC so should get lots of ideas from that xxx

and me! what day you going? going to spend so much can see it lol@ x

Saturday I think,you? Trying to save as much money as i can, so looking forward to it xxx

Baby show?!?! Sounds good to me!

Just looking at wall decals on eBay, too many to choose from!x

Saturday I think,you? Trying to save as much money as i can, so looking forward to it xxx
Saturday to, Going with MIL who drives me mad but were meant to be bonding lol!
leesey on my mobile atm when I'm on comp tomorrow will find the link :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back