Buying for the Baby :)

hay Lindsey looks like we where doing the same things on sat.... we bought ours too!!!!!! we originally planned to LOOK ONLY! wasn't going to order the furniture till my next scan (2 weeks tuesday) BUT we called into MFI for a nosy and their sale is brilliant! the furniture we chose wasn't on sale but there was 30% off till 8th.... it finishes the week before my scan! so we ordered it now!!!! it's so similar to savannah... i was going to order the savannah dresser/changer as i love the 4 little draws on the top row! but we where worried the handles and shading might be slightly different to the MFI waredrobe - so we ordered the cot/bed and mattress, the 2 door waredrobe, standing book case, and dresser/changer - should have been just under £1,200 we got it for £780 inc delivery charge!!!! I'm soooo excited and happy! can't wait for this little baby to arrive now!

we're going to mamas and papas for barnaby bear decor!!! definately getting the black out curtains as the sun comes up on the back of our house first thing!!! babies room is going at the back!!!

was going to carpet the floor - we have a cream carpet at the moment but i wanted a new one! but now i think we might lay a wooden floor as my funiture is white trimmed in wood!!!! then get a big shaggy rug in white!!!!

Imi - those chairs are brillinat from mum2tobe - i ordered mine last month... they haven't delivered yet as they only arrived in stock 20th feb.. but they have called me to discuss delivery! only £109 for the chair and stool - brilliant - i ordered cream...

Lindsey if you want woven white boxed for your book case try poundstretchers.. we have a closing down one near to our home! i bought 3 boxes in white with little handles, trimmed in white linen for £10 they will either fit under the cot or pop into the shelfs on the book case - i also got a oval shaped basket for nappies or laundry also trimmed in white linen... £6

Will veryone tale a piccy of their nurseries - can't wait to see them all! my stuff isn't getting delivered till June 17th - need to strip the room and paint etc first...

x

Hello :D

Bagpuss, the changing mat does not come on top of the dresser anymore, it is now a cot top changing mat which can be taken on and off, if that makes sense :?

Hayley, can't believe that we were doing the same thing yesterday, isn't it such good fun :D I will let you in to a little secret, the four drawers on top of the dresser aren't really four, it is just a normal sized drawer looking like four, I got caught out that too!!!!! Our furniture should arrive in 6 weeks (may be a little before) I will be 34 weeks then, blimey :shock: I am going to suggets that we call and buy the paint this afternoon, with the hope that DH gets cracking, after his night shift tonight he will have his 4 days off so could defo make a start on the glossing and painting the ceiling while I am at work!!! We are painting the walls buttermilk.

I agree totally about the curtains, we are going to have to get something to blacken ours out too - can't be having the little en waking up earlier than necessary!!

I promise to take piccies of the nursery, am going to take one of the room as it is now and then progress ones until the finished product - make sure you all do the same.

Rach - your nursery is gorgeous, my sister loves Winnie the Pooh and I would imagine that when she has a baby she will go for that range for her nursery.

BTW - my sis boyf took her to Rome last week for her valentines present, booked them into a posh hotel (meals in the restaurant were £270
:shock: ) he took her out onto the balcony which overlooked all of Rome and proposed to her - how romantic is that?!!!!!!!!!!

Xxx

ooohh lindsay - that is so romatic... (your sisters engagement) are they going to set a date soon? a friend of mine has just set her date but they're planning a long engagement - March 2008.... gives me plenty of time to get my figure back.

That is a suprise aboutthe 4 small draws being one big one! it really looks good... i wonder why they didn't make it 4 draws!!! anyway the savannah is still gorgeous...

I'm hoping i can fit everything in my room now! i know it will all go in but i hope it doesn't loook too camped... at the moment it has a single bed and wardrobe so i think all my nursery furniture should fit okay! should have measured first...

x

That's why we didn't go for the wardrobe too - it wouldn't have fitted!! We have got double sliding mirrored wardrobes in the spare room so will use them!

My sis has always said that she fancies a winter wedding, I hope it's not this winter - serious dieting if it is!!!!!

Thannks for the advise about the little baskets from Poundstretchers - will defo pop in and have a look!

Xxx

just been onto the mfi web site for the measurements of each piece - can't believe how much we actually saved! the furniture was originally in the sale and then 30% off... i thoguht we just got the 30% off....

for the 5 pieces we chose it should have come to £1,549 - we paid £773.30 inc £25 delivery charge....

Now i feel even happier!

x

Im getting really jealous !!!

I don't get to do my nursery until i move house in may ... :( if i even move then!!! and i wanna do my nursery NOW NOW NOW!!!!

WOW fantastic savings girls!!! i'd be over the moon if i were you!!

Can't wait till i log on and say "I got my nursery stuff" Hurry up Army ... i want my house!!!!

That's a real shame that it doesn't come with the changer on the dresser now, preferred that to the cot top changer. Oh well.

The four drawer trick is a nice design feature isn't it, much more practical being one drawer than four I think.

The Glasgow Pram Centre do a good deal on the Savannah furtniture, link below. That said most mamas & papas stockists offer a discount on it that we've seen.

http://www.glasgowpramcentre.co.uk/shop ... ct_id=1677

We're still clearing out our nursery to be, we must take some pics today for the before and after comparison.

Ohhhh it's so exciting to hear you all planning and buying for your nursery's!

Unfortunately while living here in Spain we rent, so cannot really do much to the spare room, as in painting, and decorating.....but come March 2007 we move back home to sunny Essex.......and can than finally get our nursery done! Baby will be 8 months by then, but nevermind I can't wait, and i look forward to seeing pics of all your nursery's to give me idears!!

Happy shopping!

Amy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back