What have you bought so far?

Bella2

Reaction score
Now I've had my 12 wk scan and then heard the baby's heartbeat at the 16 check I'm itching to start buying things! Have a few little bits so far which other people have bought me such as a baby bath, blanket & cardi but can't wait to get out and start looking for things myself! We're not going to be finding out the sex so whatever I do buy will have to be neutral. One thing we did buy the other day was this bib which we saw in a shop in covent garden and couldn't resist it...

http://www.chicksrule.co.uk/babies-kids/milf-baby-bib-white.html

What have all you ladies bought so far? And where do I start?

x x

baby bouncer
couple of socks and vest
couple of sleep suitsnappy disposal unit
anti collic bottle
steriliser
bottle armer
bottle bag
changing bag
some bath products
pack of nappies

Weve got lots if bits like the pram, cot, baby swing that was Adams and we are planning on using again, even though im very tempted to buy new.
But we have also bought,
Steriliser/bottles
Nappies
Vests
Socks
Babygro's
Nursing chair
since hear little ones heartbeat for the first time. Im waiting till Wednesday to buy anything else so we know what colour to buy :)
As for where to start, you can find lists on line but be careful as some list tell you to buy all sorts that you dont actually need, i did it with Adam and ended up giving it all away x x

thanks girls, good tip M2A, will have a little look at some lists but with caution! Great you still have some of adams bits, how exciting you're going to be finding out the sex weds :) Just a bit daunting as to where to start so I might pick one area such as "feeding" and get some bits for that to start with x x

Another tip is when you go food shopping buy a pack of nappies/wipes/formula (if bottle feeding) that way your spreading the cost from now until baby arrives rather than buying essentials all in one go :) x x

Nothing yet! Going to wait till last 10 weeks or so got nowhere to put it just now and planning a loft conversion so baby has a room! Still feels too early for me yet, still 24 weeks to go!

have bAbyrows vests socks hats jacket bibs sterlisser bottles nappies wipes towels blankets pram ordered mses basket ordered friend buying me bouncy chair am gonna leave actual clothes till after summer stock as be colder in september for baby wear summer clothes then get rest in x

Good idea about speading the cost M2A!

Sarah I had been feeling was too early up until but now starting to get impatient so can't wait to get some bits! Good luck with the loft conversion I would love one of those!

xcitedmum2be - love the idea about getting everything organised early then getting some rest in :)

xx

Maybe I should start spreading the costs! Might go looking at prams next time hubby is on shore and furniture as I guess we need to order this early? Anyone know how long you should leave this kind of thing till ordering? Think I'm still too scared to get too excited so trying not to look at baby stuff, don't know why though as everything is going fine, maybe get 20 week scan done and I'll feel happier!

With Adam i waited till around 25/26 weeks to start buying the big thing like cot, nursery furniture, pram ect and then OH took some time off around 32 weeks to do the nursery, i loved adams nursery so much, at the time babies r us had the cream winnie the pooh range in, his nursery had the wallpaper, cot bed set, mosses basket, curtains, rug, mobile ect, it cost a fortune but it was gorg :) x x

My daughter wants me to do Winnie the pooh nursery too, think it's cos that's what she had, she's already picked a pooh bear Teddy out she's going to buy for it!

Things we've kindly been given as gifts:

Sterilizer
Bottles
Box of essentials (cradle cap treatment, teething gel, sudocrem etc)
Various outfits
Cot (my sister is donating her cot now my niece has outgrown it)
Mobile for cot
Moses basket
Travel system/pushchair

Things we've bought:
A few outfits
Sleepsuits
Bibs
Breast Pump
Blankets
Huuuuge box of baby wipes!
Car seat
Various miscellaneous bits & bobs! :)

LOTS!
Pram, Moses Basket, Steriliser & Bottle Warmer, Changing Mat, loads of Johnsons baby lotion, oil, bath related products, cotton wool, nappies, disposable changing mats, dummies, bottles, muslin squares, LOADS of clothes, sleepsuits, bodysuits, rompers, hats, joggers etc (mainly bought this week - eek!) Few more big bits to get but have quite a collection now :)
We started at about 16w - we went and bought things like our nursery curtains & rug and a few toys, from there we bought a few bits every couple of weeks. The ASDA Baby event is really good at the mo, loads of bargains! You can buy a pack of Huggies newborn nappies, a pack of baby wipes and it comes with a cute little hat all for £3 :) x

I've bought:

Full size cot
Travel cot
2x winter baby suits
A whole load of baby gros, short sleeve and long sleeve
A few hat and bootie sets
Socks
Muslin Squares
Baby groom kit
Booties

So not a lot really, but still plenty of time to get the rest :) xx

Most of the big things to spread the cost:
Pram & carseat
Moses basket & stand
Bottles, pump & sterilizer
Some vest, bibs & towels
Sheets & blankets
Both mum and mil are building up our supplies of toiletries, nappies and wipes each week with their shopping. My mum is buying my cot after my wedding and my best friend is buying the bath, top and tail bowl etc as a gift for the baby once I decide what I want.

A friend at work is going to start knitting for me which is lovely as no-one in my family does it anymore and she says she misses it as she hasn't had any grandchildren for a while now lol

Pram
Cot + Cot mattress
Car seat
Bouncer chair
Steriliser
Nappys
Wipes
Baby nail clippers
Baby hairbrush/comb (as baby is most likely to have hair)
Loads of baby toiletres
Vests
Babygrows
Outfits
Blankets
The cutest little denim cap

Have all the big stuff apart from crib/moses basket - (getting that at the weekend)
Just need some smaller bits now..baby monitors, bottles etc...

We are currently decorating the nursery so spending has been on paint, curtains/blinds etc at the min.

We've got our travel system Nd that's it xx lol xx

After 20 week scan we started to believe that it might happen this time and have had great fun getting things now!
Just got travel system yesterday and took it to in laws house for safe keeping! Have got monitor, steriliser, carrier, sling, bottles, breast pump - look in the asda baby event for great prices and mothercare - got the monitor for £66 instead of £99! Also got loads of babygrosetc from sister after niece has grown out of them - all in white and beige still cos we are team yellow! Sister has moved to canada and so keeps sending over little things she has picked up so won't have to buy another baby outfit or soft toy for about 5 years I don't think!!!!!

I've bought loads lol... Nahh... Only got one outfit and a box of nappies :eek: x

oh my god, we've bought absolutely nothing. I keep thinking its too soon to buy stuff and tempt fate. Maybe we should get started!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back