Started buying & Planning Nursery So excited :D

Em91

Reaction score
Hello, this is a rather pointless thread to be honest! I said i was waiting till 20 weeks to start buying but just couldn't resist, my OH was feeling enthusiastic to & its the first time i've seen him excited about the baby other than when we had our scan! So i made the most of it ;)

But we decided on our travel system & nursery furniture today :) So excited to finally start buying.

We're on quite a budget so couldn't afford one of the massively expensive travel systems and went for the Hauck Disney Condor at £339 decided it was nice looking and has good reviews for a price that wont break the bank!

We've decided even though we're finding out if its a boy or girl (we think) we don't want to decorate the nursery in the usual pink or blue. So we've gone for a Teddy bear theme in cream/chocolate. Even the cotbed has teddys engraved in the head/foot board. It's all so cute. Also buying this in chocolate http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180815784203?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619
thought £129 was pretty good for a nursing chair, compared to the price of some we've seen & one of my friends has one of these so seen it in person, it's so comfy don't think i will want to move :p

Sorry having one of those over excited days today :D

Has everyone started/bought their things yet? how are you decorating nursery? what travel systems have you gone for?

Last edited:
awww so fab isnt it....
Im going for theHuack condor travel system in plum as it comes with pram top using this as a moses basket, car seat, bag and cosy toes for the winter.
Not sure on bedding yet either neutral or i have seen a fab pink one and white bedding set with quilt, fleece blanket and 2 sheets for 30 quid,
Again also doing this on a budget.. its sterilisers im finding hard to buy as i find theyre sooo expensive x

Ah nice, ours is the Disney one with the old style black and white mickey mouse on it, :) Has everything with it, we're planning to do the same and use the carrycot as a moses basket :) we've seen a tatty teddy bedding set we like for £40 with the bumpers as well.

Think we're looking at http://www.mothercare.com/Tommee-Ti...&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7 That for the steriliser, just because even though its £70 it has everything so wont need to buy lots of little bits :)

oooh thats a fab steriliser may have to look at that and dead cheap too for all that.
Yeah ive seen the pram looks lovely. Havent actually seen the hauck products in person but have read brill reviews.
Dont realy wanna pay over the odds for bedding may look nice butim sure it will get icky... soo much to get xxx

We're moving house in March and I'm so excited I've started buying stuff for the nursery! I've picked the Barnaby Button stuff from Mamas and Papas, and picked up loads of bargains on ebay.

I'm so excited!! xx

So far I've got my pram and travel system sorted and we went to mamas and papas yesterday and fell in love with the starlight swing and I managed to get a brand new one off eBay! Been looking at nursery furniture too.
Can't help worrying I'm doing things a bit early but now I've started I can't stop!! Xx

im a bit dubious abotu buying off ebay dunno why x

We're buying the nursing chair from there. long as its from shops rather than private sellers ive never had any problems :)

i didnt start til after my 20 week scan xxx

Like i say i did mean to wait, bit i just couldn't help it, i havent actually bought anything just decided on what to buy lol ;)

nothing wrong with being organised, wish id started a little earlier, i havent a clue whee to staRT X

There just seems so much to buy!, i'm on a website looking for one thing and i spot something else i hadn't thought about! Had the nursery all planned and realized i'd not even thought about a chest of drawers/somewhere to put babys clothes XD (blaming baby brain ;) ) x

awww unfortunately i only have a one bed flat so babay will be in with me until we move and as for her furniture well shes sharing mine until she has her own room, feel like im missing out on the whole nursery thing but kno my time will come xxx

I know exactly what you mean abotu putting it off until your halfway thru but i havent!!!! I took a week off work last week with my OH and we have actually decorated the babies room already! again like you we have gone for more neutral colours, yellows, creams, browns. i wont be buying furniture till about 30 weeks ish (if i can put it off that long lol) and the travel system till im 20 weeks because my lovely mum is buying us that :) but i know what you mean about getting excited!

xx

Loula i was in the same position with my first daughter as i lived in a 1 bed flat, but you quickly find ways to make a wee corner of your room feel like the babies space! Weirdly im now lucky enough to live in a lovely 3 bed house but have no intention of making my spare room into a nursery just now as i really dont think i will use it in the first 6 months and for some reason the idea of having a room ready for baby before he/she is here really freaks me out. Does anyone else feel like this or am i being stupid?

Loula i was in the same position with my first daughter as i lived in a 1 bed flat, but you quickly find ways to make a wee corner of your room feel like the babies space! Weirdly im now lucky enough to live in a lovely 3 bed house but have no intention of making my spare room into a nursery just now as i really dont think i will use it in the first 6 months and for some reason the idea of having a room ready for baby before he/she is here really freaks me out. Does anyone else feel like this or am i being stupid?

I think everyone is different tbh, i couldnt wait to have the babies room at least half finished. i keep going in and thinking my god. I think it's because i feel im very lucky to have fallen pregnant anyway, concieved in november and i had a phoen call from the hospital end of Jan saying i was at the top of the list now to start my IVF! so i think after 5 years of trying it still doesnt seem so real :(

Aw congratulations, 5 years is a long time, no wonder you are so excited i bet you have been planning that nursery for years! Enjoy every second of doing it up,you deserve it! Im hoping i will feel differently after my 20 week scan, i think im just one of lifes cautious people,lol!

Aw congratulations, 5 years is a long time, no wonder you are so excited i bet you have been planning that nursery for years! Enjoy every second of doing it up,you deserve it! Im hoping i will feel differently after my 20 week scan, i think im just one of lifes cautious people,lol!

I just think everybody is different tbh, i know that i wont be buying furniture until 30 weeks and bringing the pram home the day i need it lol so i suppose that i am too cautious but in a different way lol

I don't think you are being stupid at all hun, my husband is exactly the same so we have had to compromise.... we have agreed that we will paint the nursary, get a chest of drawers, the moses basket, clothing, and pram but leave the rest till later. Obviously we will need other Sundry items (bath, changing mat etc) which hubby is fine with he just doesn't want the cot to be up and he doesn't really have a reason.

There is no rush, as long as the essentials are in place you can sort the rest out when LO arrives.... plus I now feel that I can make it more personal as we are staying team yellow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back