Breezees other thread (split post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squiglet said:
*sigh... ok thought I should post something although...I'm not sure why....I have a funny feeling that it shall fall on deaf ears. but Here it goes.

Breezee.... you can't just keep lashing out, because you feel bitter and angry and jealous. That will just eat you up in side... And WHEN you do get pregnant, that will not be a good emotional state for you to be in. If the way you speak on here is the result of the pain of the miscarriages and your partner is suffering from the same, I can understand why he is reluctant to risk further miscarriages. This is just destroying you but it doesn't need to be that way.

My mother in order had 5 miscarriages, a still born baby, me, a baby with Trisomy 18 who died at four months, and a further two miscarriages.

She told me that she never thought that god would ever give her a child. She suffered depression. Her relationship with my father was strained and after they had had a series of miscarriages the first time (5 in all), my mum agreed to have some "down time". She said she needed a rest from the strain of constantly trying, but more so... constantly worrying every time she got pregnant. She was tired and angry. She felt empty and destroyed. She wondered what she had done to deserve this. She saw babies and pregnant women wherever she went. This is what other people on this forum are trying to advise you about... You need some down time, to get over this hurdle, time to pick yourself up, dust yourself off and try again.

Back in the day when my mum had her miscarriages the hospitals put you onto the same ward as women who had had selective abortions, and yes.. my mother admits HATING these women for giving up the babies, she so desperately wanted.

These babies whom you have lost were YOUR babies. No one can take that from you. My mother counts all her miscarriages as her babies, but the most painful thing for her was my sister dying... even I remember her tiny little white and pink coffin, being lowered into the ground.

But things DO happen for a reason... My mum fought to have me, including spending 7 months in hospital not moving. And eventually, she got me but she had to suffer terrible losses in order to win. Maybe you will have to do that too. Are you ready for that?

After my sister was born, my mother had a further two miscarriages when she decided that God had only wanted her to have one child. But she desperately wanted more children and if my mum had not had my sister who died, she would never have adopted my handicapped brother and sister... and given them a wonderful life. What seemed like a great tragedy turned out to have a great impact on her future happiness.

You cannot foresee the future Breezee, no one can... I too have suffered my losses, but not anywhere near the scale of my mother, and for that I am truly grateful , because when my life was at it's darkest... I knew it could be far worse.

Remember that a lot of people on this forum have been in the exact same situation as you are in right now... I know that they may now have babies and be pregnant, but there was a time when they didn't. They know how you feel. Try to see them as the light at the end of the tunnel, your ability to succeed in the future. And take their advice as to what they did to cope with the loss. And what if you don't succeed I hear you say.... Well you wouldn't be the first nor the last woman in history....

If you have been ready to have children for four years, you must have a lot of love to give and a wonderful home. There are thousands upon millions of unwanted babies... in the States and otherwise, desperate for a mummy to come along and save them...

They might not be biologically yours, but your love for them will be no different... and you will always have the knowledge that you saved them from a fate possibly worse than death... growing up in care, possibly suffering terrible abuse... your experience with death and grief will help these children enormously. And no mother could ever give a greater gift to a child.

Look forwards, not backwards, or you'll miss the future coming straight towards you. And it's coming Breezee, it just won't be how you expected it to arrive and you just need to be patient

:hug:

What a wonderful, heartfelt and truly moving post Squiglet. Your mum is one incredible lady, and obviously a most fantastic mother....you are testimony to that.

Breezee, I hope this post gives you some hope, it should do. There's always hope....... :hug:

I have suffered loss, I have had 2 early miscarriages and my last pregnancy ended 8 weeks ago at 23 weeks, my baby was diagnosed with Edwards Syndrome, I had to go through the horror of ending her life with an injection to her heart and then giving birth to her.

I do sometimes sit there and think 'Why us' but I said to my DF the night before we lost Heidi that I wasnt going to let it beat us, and I wanted to try again straight away. Once my DF held Heidi in his arms he said exactly the same. We are TTC now and hopefully we will get there in the end, but I dont feel bitter about what has happened, it cant be changed instead I am trying to be positive and channel my energy into making things happen.

I cant let myself fall into a pit of depression, I have my good and bad days, but I have never begrudged anyone their baby, since we lost Heidi 2 of my SIL have announced pregnancies. While I cant say I am 'happy' about the situation, I realise that they havent done it on purpose, they just want what I want and the last thing I want is something to go wrong for them.

I am trying to look to the future now, and thats what you need to do Breezee, who knows in 6 months time you could be PG and looking forward to a new life, but please dont let your hurt and bitterness eat you up. Its not good

Tracey xx

Oh tracey :cry: Your post made me cry, That's exactly what my sister had, Edwards (Trisomy 18 ). They didn't have tests back then... so my mum had the baby... But unfortunately with all babies with Trisomy 18, they die. When they did the autopsy on my sister they said she had suffered terribly in her short life because of her deformities all through her tiny body and he couldn't believe she had been born at all...It always upset my mother.

I would have made exactly the same decision as you if I had had a baby with Edwards. :hug: :hug: :hug: And I had all the tests this time round for that reason, and it was always agreed to terminate if there was Edwards because of what happened to my sister.

I really hope that you can go on and be a wonderful mother to another beautiful baby as I'm sure you will and always remind them of the beautiful little sister that came before. :hug:

Tracey S said:
I have suffered loss, I have had 2 early miscarriages and my last pregnancy ended 8 weeks ago at 23 weeks, my baby was diagnosed with Edwards Syndrome, I had to go through the horror of ending her life with an injection to her heart and then giving birth to her.

Oh no Tracey, what a terrible thing. I'm sorry for your loss :cry: :cry:

I know it seems wrong to say that some losses are 'worse' to bear than others, but having a d + c was bad enough, such as you have been through would be terrible to bear and I hope one day (maybe even now) you will find that it will make you a stronger person and appreciate happiness more than those who have not been through horrors of various kinds ever can.

I've been thinking in life that those such as me who's childhoods were sheltered, we think we know it all in our teens and early twenties, I for one didn't know the half of what depths of sadness ( and hopefully happiness) life had in store. Sort of funny in a way :)

I think these last few posts really open your eyes to the tragic losses that people often go through and i think you are so brave to share your story with us in the hope that it will help breezee with her grief,

Thanks for sharing it really has moved me :hug: :hug:

I too had a close personal friend whose baby boy was born asleep just two days before his due date and the PM could fine absolutely nothing wrong with him, i will never forget Callum's funeral and how much love there was for that little boy who is now a beautiful angel in heaven,

I hope that this storys will help you to realise that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that people can get through this to have a happy ending

uh....
i am a different person than i was with my last m/c. i had personal reasons why last time ended up the way it did. im sorry if ive offended anyone, as i certainly did not mean to. if it would be more preferred i could just not post anymore :cry:

breezee1984 said:
uh....
i am a different person than i was with my last m/c. i had personal reasons why last time ended up the way it did.

Are you trying to say it was your fault in some way? Because I'm sure it's probably not :)

no, but if must, i can dig up a painful past and air it, just so you may know why i was so pissed

You know, I have been watching this forum by afar and I may seem like the odd one out, or be banned ,who knows, but I do have to say one thing. Why on earth would you treat this poor girl this way? Isn't it obvious shes hurting? Isn't it obvious she has suffered an extreme loss and isn't it obvious she's trying for some help and friendship from a forum, who , from what I have seen until now, have been a great group of women. You do realize all you are doing is setting her up for something terrible?? How would you feel if she commited suicide(not saying you would Breezee,just a thought on how bad you must feel). Think twice before you lash at somebody, it could come back to bite you.

The post that was locked today, in which i was going to respond to, I have suffered 5 losses. And I as well go by the same list Breezee had there. It holds alot of truth . If you could learn what hurts a person , and not do it, why be mean and tell them they have no right telling you what hurts their feelings??
Breezee, please know I am here to talk to if you need me sweetheart. :hug:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH :hug:
i appreciate everything you said to me. and yes, everything you said is true. i wish other people could see this as well...

Im sorry but we have tried our best to help her on so many occasions and yet she throws them back in our faces, some of the things she has said are just so hurtful, we know what shes going through and yes i hope she gets better soon but we dont deserve to be called the things shes called us, welcome to the forum :wave:

Well,first off, thank you for the wecome :)
Second of all, I have been browsing here for quite some time, and to be honest with you, she HAS been provoked by some of you ladies to the point where she needed to defend herself.
Maybe she doesn't do it well, maybe she was very angry(and rightfully so), but try to take your blinders off love, and realize she needs friends right now, not enemies!!!

Im sorry to see that you have gotten that impression. So many people (myself included) have really tried to help and support her and she's done nothing but throw it back in people faces :( it makes me sad that she feels so low but I really dont know what more to do.

I know shes having a hard time and suffering but believe me every woman who has replyed to her posts has tried to help her and to be honest I think alot of them have gotten fed up with her & maybe lashed out but I have to say they are all with good cause.

I really do feel for her and know she is in a very low place at the moment but I personally think that she needs professional help and not the help & support that can be provided on this forum. I think the women have done everything they can to help her but it doesnt seem to be helping her.

I really am sad that it has come to an argument, its not the right atmosphere at all for this forum.

Breezee I really do hope that you are in a happier place very soon :hug:

yeah weve tried to be friends with her many times, shes left once already and we welcomed her back gladly but its not good enough :)

From what I have read and seen there was open arms while she was pregnant and as soon as she lost her child, it seems it was assumed she would be the old person again.
I didn't see any friendliness after her loss.

babymakerextreme said:
From what I have read and seen there was open arms while she was pregnant and as soon as she lost her child, it seems it was assumed she would be the old person again.

This is her second loss, there were things said after her first loss which upset ALOT of people. That is where some of this comes from....

She upset & hurt me very much (which she knows about and did appolgise at a later date which I very much appreciated) but I think alot of people are still a little angry about some of what happened then.

babymakerextreme said:
:bored:

I was watching at that time as well.
I have been coming and going from here for about 9 months.
She needed to vent and wasn't being allowed to.
I felt all of this and I was this same person when I had my losses.
I feel for the poor girl!!
If you haven't had recurrent pregnancy loss, you don't know the feeling!

oh so just because weve only had one loss then we dont feel the pain, :x

babymakerextreme said:
I was watching at that time as well.
I have been coming and going from here for about 9 months.
She needed to vent and wasn't being allowed to.
I felt all of this and I was this same person when I had my losses.
I feel for the poor girl!!
If you haven't had recurrent pregnancy loss, you don't know the feeling!

How dare you say that I dont know the feeling of loss because I havent had multiple miscarriages. Im utterly shocked, hurt and amazed that you could say such a thing.

One loss or ten losses the hurt and pain is just as great.

Im happy that ive done everything I could to support Breezee, if she disagrees then she can tell me herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back