Breech Baby - 36+

babyslog

Reaction score
Ladies who have had breech babies!

Any sucess with them turning on their own or being turned?

Ive been having horrible dreams(nightmares) for weeks convinced that Charlie is breech.

Had MW last week and she was like 'no no.. Thats a bum up here' but went on to tell me obv she doesnt no 100% & actually got it wrong a few weeks back and her lady ended up having an emergency c sec. GREAT! :shock:

So anyway it was still playing on my mind.. Went and booked a private scan for today..

HES BREECH!! Bloody new it!
Hes measuring a week ahead at the scan and est weight at 7lbs. Now i know they can be off anyway, but hes following the same size my DS1 was at his growth scans. So now im scared hell be too big to turn!

Id love to avoid a c sections! I was planning a homebirth!

Not due to see my mw not till thurs.. Im 36+2 so should i call tomorrow to get the ball rolling for a referral to get him turned at the hosp? I dnt really want to leave it too late! X

Last edited:
Oh gosh. Talk about intuition!!

My friend had 2 breech babies, they grew the exact same bit. She had opted for a second c sec so completely diff to your scenario.

I have heard of the mannual turning, heard its quite uncomfy but imagine it would be..

Theres a website called spinningbabies.com. Its got some natural techniques to try and turn the baby.

Not sure what size or how far along before they cant turn..

Just aswell you didnt order the pool, I hope he turns for you.

xxxx

Just shows how well we know our bodies!

My friends baby was breech but turned after reflexology at just over 36 weeks and she got her home birth.

Defo look at spinning babies and maybe read up on acupuncture and reflexology which can help.

Thanks girls!
Guna get you tubing now lol! Xx

I had an undetected breech which led to emergency c section...my mum kept telling me that he was breech but I went by what the midwives said.
I'd ring tomorrow and get the ball rolling, hospital can do an ecv to help turn him but not always successful, as someone suggested there's the spinning babies website, spending time sat on birthing ball can help with posture which is supposed to help baby turn and things like scrubbing floors on all fours etc xx

Aw gosh did u!!
Thanks hun, i fancied a little clean up this week anyway so best get down and scrubbing lol!!

Yeah it wasn't discovered until I went into labour and his feet were there! Midwives still say that he could have turned breech after my 38 week check but I highly doubt it, if it was his bum there they probably wouldn't have known until it was presenting as all other factors Like heart rate position were pointing to him been head down. Took the mw, the sister and a consultant to delve round before they decided to scan me in the delivery room! xx

Charlies HB has been the same, even on the scan she could pick it up fairly low down in his back. So it Just shows dopplers shouldnt be relied on in that regard either!

Ah well im glad i paid for the scan now. Cos if mw was still convinced at my home visit this week she wasnt planning on seeing me again until 40wks!

Will let u know what they say tomorrow once ive called xz

My baby turned between 36 and 37w. If it's not your first they say plenty time up to 38w (here anyway)
I would also have chosen breech vaginal over c sec no doubt about it
Best of luck, hope he turns soon x

My first was breech and I had a planned c section. My second was breech up until about 37 weeks and then he turned. They say if it's not a first pregnancy they can turn quite late on. I'm 15 weeks with my third but having a planned section regardless as my natural labour was worse as he was back to back and didn't come down, so ended up with forceps and 3/4th degree tear. Lol.

Fingers crossed for you. Xx

Last edited:
My first was breech and I had a csection with her as I had pre eclampsia and they won't induce with pre e. This baby is currently breech but I'm hopeful he'll turn if not I'll have a planned csection at 38 weeks. They suggest putting a cold pack on top of your bump to try and make baby move xx

Called my assessment unit this morning as thats all my mw would of done herself.

They want me to go in for a scan tomorrow morning to double check position and then arrange an ECV to turn.
FX they can :)

Oh, well good that youv got the ball rolling. Lets get the baby rolling and get him turned now!!

Good luck.

xxxx

Thanks hun!
That pool hire company called me today lol!
Declined them dispatching! Sod wasting £90 haha! X

Hiya!

I managed to get my transverse baby to turn at 37 weeks (at midnight on the morning I was scanned to check his position!) by going onto all fours and sticking my bum in the air, head down towards the ground - think I may have been rocking side to side as well. It can happen!

Hope you have booked the ECV and good luck with everything xx

I tried that and i had terrible heartburn ahaha!

I have ECV a week today at 37+6 :)
Hea footling breech and head very nicely wedged under my right rib. So fx its not to much hard work. But ive given up trying myself lol xx

I was just thinking about this from my last pregnancy, I had a breach baby who turned. I was booked in for a C-section but on the day of the cs she had turned and i cried my eyes out, i was so relieved. I put cold peas on her head bump bit and I would sit over a really bright light lol, i also laid with my bum on the sofa with my head on the floor, no idea how i managed to do that now!! :)

Hahaaa thats what i tried upside down. Ive gained 3 stone and jesus if someone could see me attempt getting back up they would of laughed lol!!! Xx

I've just been catching up on your news. Both my babies were breech and refused to turn. I was too scared to go through with the ECV. They were both happy in that position so decided to leave them like that and opted for elective sections both times. I know having a section Isn't for everyone but both my experiences were lovely, it was so nice and relaxed. It wouldn't of changed it. But I totally understand you wanting a natural delivery.
I will be checking into see how you get on.

Michelle X

Last edited:
Heeeeey you!!!! Hows the babas!?

I remember ur two being breech!

This ecv is a little nerve racking i must admit. If it hurts at all im making them stop. Im also only allowing thurs as a go and if no luck im just going to accept the section. I dnt want to try again.
He's still very much stuck where he is!
hes hurting me so much aswell, head is so wedged under my rib! Hes pushig into my cervix with one foot and my hip with te other and then pushing body up when he wants to shuffle into side position. NOT COMFY AT ALL!

Obviously if of liked natural, but im mentally preparing for a section just incase.
I had my MW app yesterday and i feel much more relaxed about it now.

No way am i attempting vaginal with him breech!

Planned section seems obviously way diff to an emergency one. She said recovery isnt as long either as your body hasnt had the exhaustion of labour beforehand either.

What will be will be :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back