Breech?

Urchin

Reaction score
Hi all

I have my 2nd 3D scan this afternoon, last time they couldn't get good pics for me as the baby was kind of sideways, lying across my tummy with his face against my womb.
In the notes they put his position down as "breech" and I was wondering, if he is breech, will that def. mean a C-section?
Has anyone here been breech before, or is now?

Of course, it may all be for nothing, he may have turned, and he does have lots of time to...just wondering really!

Hiya Urchin

My baby is lying in exactly the same way. Im not sure what the precedure is and I would guess that its different in different hospitals. I think the first thing they will try to do is physically move the baby round which can be successful, but there are lots of ways you can do this yourself too apparently (ive seen it on other threads) including putting a Bag of Frozen peas on where you think the bottom is and they dont like it and move away.

This is obviously nearer the 35 week mark as yours and mine still have plenty of time to move round. This little one has been lying sideways now since the 20 week scan and seems very comfy.

I think you can have your baby by Breech naturally but it depends if its Bottom First or legs first, something you might be best having a looking around various sites at what they suggest.

Ragna :0)

According to our NCT class teacher, if the baby is breech the hospital will try and counsel you to have an elective c-section, as statistically speaking the risks are lower for mum & baby than having a breech birth. But it's still your choice.

We've also been told that from 34 weeks we should sit forward, and if you have a gym ball sit on one of those for at least an hour a day to try and encourage baby into a good position.

But before that stage baby still has loads of room to move about so it's not an issue if they are currently breech.

I also read somewhere that only about 2% of babies end up being breech at full term. But because a lot of women elect to have c-sections, it's done earlier and baby hasn't got around to moving into position yet - not sure how they measure this..... Has anyone else heard something similar?

LBxx

Did you get the 2nd scan free or did you have to pay again? Let us know how it goes, and post pictures if you can.

I get to go back for free as the pics were no good last time.
I was in the paper last week too about the 20 week nhs scan, hoping to organise a meeting with some hospital officials so I can give them a piece of my mind!

Hopefully I'll post pics later this evening, fingers crossed he's not feeling so shy today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back