Breastfeeding

charlene09

Reaction score
I absolutely love breastfeeding can't describe how much easier it is than formula.

It's helped me loads in ways that I wouldn't even have thought, I've stopped bleeding, my belly has gone down very fast and for some strange reason it has made my bowels quite good, I could go a week without going for a poo now I go everyday.

Only downside is it makes me sooo hungry

tapatalking so cannot see tickers! sorry for typos also!

Because your burning so many calories :) make sure you drink plenty too so that you keep your supply up :) xx

xxx

Because your burning so many calories :) make sure you drink plenty too so that you keep your supply up :) xx

xxx

Yea I will do, do you know if there is any certain foods or medication you can't take whilst BF

Glad you are doing so good!!!

For each medication you get you should ask the doctor or the chemist.

About food now you should avoid alcohol and caffeine obviously and if your baby gets colicky try to avoid foods that usually makes us gassy :)
You are doing fabulous

I was just going to suggest a dr but hope is our resident dr lol xx

Glad you are doing so good!!!

For each medication you get you should ask the doctor or the chemist.

About food now you should avoid alcohol and caffeine obviously and if your baby gets colicky try to avoid foods that usually makes us gassy :)
You are doing fabulous

Is 1 cup of coffee a day okay? I have one in the morning and that's it x

It should be, just look at your baby and for signs of agitation for example but I am sure one cup is ok :)

never did mine any harm lol, i have 1 or 2 cups a day and bf mostly now. also if LO gets constipated you can drink a lot of fresh orange and it will help him lol. be wary of too much onions or garlic (smelly baby)

I don't avoid anything and I breast feed.

Medicines youcan take are similar to those in
Pregnancy- so not a lot!!

Just check with pharmacy before you buy anything and they will check for you

Glad you're enjoying it, it's a wonderful thing xx

Well done! It does make you so hungry! 11 months on I still eat loads and haven't put weight on! Lots of snacks are best, I ate loads of flap jacks in the early days as the oats are good for your milk supply. I just treat myself as still being pregnant with regard to medicine and food, so less caffeine, no alcohol and only paracetomol! Its just easier thinking of it that way!

Managed all night with no leaking, cabhan has just woke for his morning feed and I'm soaking wet, any way I can stop leaking through 2 breast pads a bra and my tshirt? It's so annoying :(

You are doing very well! Leaking will stop once your suplly is established(usually 6 weeks or so), let down csm happen at.night all of the sudden though. It will get better, your body will soon figure out. Making up formula and sterilising is harder than BFing and expensive as well

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

yeah i had a wet nightie most mornings for a few weeks, looking at baby, baby crying or squishing the boobs can trigger letdown when theyre full so id get up a lil earlier than she woke just to be able to try and avoid getting soaked lol. it does calm down after a few weeks. if u really want to avoid it and he goes a while between feeds at night you could express when u go to bed so theyre as empty as possible or set an alarm to express in the wee hours lol but apart from that u basically just have to live with it for a lil while.

I'll put up with it then :) just make sure as soon as I wake up I fling my bras in the wash as I don't have many that fit me atm as they've had a massive growth spurt x

lol that too will settle down as your milk production levels out. prepare the sofa for your constant feeding as its pretty much 24/7 that they wanna drink in the first 4-6 weeks to get your milk supply up.

Day 1 of letting milk dry up as cabhan will not take breast milk. Woke up in agony shaking because I woke up with a soaking wet nighty from top to bottom! My grandma is going getting me some cabbage later on, feel really ill with it :(

How long approx will it take to stop being in pain with it and leaking through everything! Feeling rather depressed tbh

Whats wrong hun, does he not latch on?

Mine took a good. Week to settle after a breast fed for a week x i was still getting soaked for a while best thing you can do is tight bra and hot showers x

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

No he won't latch on and he hates breast milk x

No he won't latch on and he hates breast milk x

I know you probably have, but have you spoken to a lactation consultant? Has it been.just recently? What exactly does he do?
Its very unlikely he hates breastmilk, he might be reacting to something you ate.
Best advice is to speak.to a trained professional like le leche league or your local sure start centre

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back