Isnt keen on having formula. Help please!

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi all :D

Strange thing is happening. Daniel is very keen on breastfeeding lately. (I know it sounds strange, some of you know the story, in short-I had problems with breastfeeding right from beginning, like-not enougth milk, last one-Danny discovered he prefers bottle, and it took ages to get him back on breastfeeding, and still he was more keen on a bottle). He is very happy to breasfeed all the time. It really makes me happy too, but I never had enought milk just to breastfeed him, so I had to top it up with formula. But, last week or so he finally understood that mummy's milk is better. Like if before, if he had formula, he had 5-6-7oz with no problems, now 3-4 is very good. And, ONLY if I give it to him. Neither my OH can do it (2oz is max for him) neither can my mum. I am breastfeeding him before each bottle, so in the end he either takes what he takes or is refusing it alltogether. So...Question why? Is it because it is just the stage (he is teething as well), or, is it because I suddenly started to have more milk? (If it is the second I would be very pleased). PS: he doesnt look hungry most of the time, I havent weight him for 2 weeks cos of x-mas, so next weigh in next Wednesday.

Oh, I'm so happy it's going well for you. It is rewarding isn't it? :hug: It makes me feel so good whenever I breastfeed her and she doesn't want more after that (very rarely though)

Fantastic news! Fingers crossed that he'll stay like that. I was hoping my little one will figure out that breastfeeding is better than bottle but no luck :(

Thank you girls :hug: But the problem is, I am not sure if he is having enought... :?

Carina said:
Thank you girls :hug: But the problem is, I am not sure if he is having enought... :?

If he's content, alert, pooing and weeing then he's fine. You don't have to watch a bottle to see if your baby is happy :)

I would definitely agree with Kina - I NEVER know how much DD has but never ever worry about it - as long as she looks happy, content and is weeing/pooing enough then we're both happy.

If I was you, I would stop the formula/bottle (if this is what you want to do) and just breastfeed as this will make you both happy then see how it goes from there with regards to his weight gain and general contentedness.

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back