BLW winning recipes

I saw that muffin recepie at a different forum tonight n thought I give it a try :)

I made a creamy roasted tomato mushroom and garlic sauce yesterday and h loved it!!!he's been a bit poorly today though but I think its all to do with his teeth as I've noticed a bulge on his gum!

Really simple just bung tomatoes mushrooms garlic and a little oil in a pan put in the oven to roast for an hour to an hour and a half. Blend it up and add a dollop of cream I used philidelphia though and makes a lovely creamy thick sauce! Poor h nearly didn't get a look in after oh tasted it!

I saw a recipe on savoury flapjacks that was very popular on a diferent forum, Noa LOVED it! He ate, n ate n ate n ate! I can't copy paste on my phone but will try to remember
200gram oats
200gram grated carrot
200gram grated courgette (but I used sweet potato)
200gram grated cheese
2 beaten eggs
Pinch of pepper n pinch of thyme
Mix n press down in a thingie n in oven 30min 190 degrees

Also another winner was sliced Apple fry in butter with cinnemon til it soft

thanks hon those flapjacks look great for snack food. I'm about to go and make them now :)

should have frozen mine! Owen LOVED them too but I htought they'd be ok in a tin for a few days but after 2 days they were mouldy :( chucked them all. making osme today and will freeze them. Think my tin must have been a bit damp and not airtight :(

Made individual fish pies for him last night too. our freezers getting too full! it's only small!

Wow, all these sound amazing! Might do the sausage meatballs for tea, cheers Minchin!

Have you got the recipe for the fish pies Minchin? Sounds yummy!

Oooh some love recipes on here, Minchin and Helen, you sound great cooks! Big thank you all

I will have to copy and paste all of these out , to try some. Realy like the idea of the tomato, mushroom and garlic baby sauce and the risotto, as I only ever do leek and bacon risotto for us and thats way too salty for Devon. Will start building a baby cook book here ready when Devon gets to 6 months for gluten andmore foods etc

sorry taken ages and still not put fish pie recipe on! tried to do it the other night then computer crashed. doing school work righ tnow :( and jnackered so will try to do tomorrow!
OH made him tuna pasta bake for dinner and they both had chicken salad for lunch!

:wave: hi just found this thread. I make fish pie for LO. Its a recipe I kinda made up, and I dont do numbers, so here goes:

make a cheese sauce:

melt a big knob of butter, mix in a tablespoon on plain flour til its a paste, slowly add milk stirring all the time, add some parsley when all the milk is in. keep on heat constantly stirring til in nearly boils but not quite and it will go thick. Take it off the heat and melt in a load of grated cheese.

while youre cooking the cheese sauce cook a bit of fish, I boil it in milk, but fry, grill whatever. Break up the fish and mix with the cheese sauce, for LO I stir well so the fish bits break up more.

Put mixture in an over dish/ramakin, add buttery mashed potato on top, stick in over for about 20 mins (at 180 degrees)

job done. ready to eat straight away, really yummy for adults too :yay: I did one big one for all of us and a few ramakins to go in the freezer so I can take individual ones out the night before for LO to take to the childminders.

Im gonna try making the cheese and brocoli muffins for LO. I always struggle to get snacks for him and the shop bought ones are so expensive!

I have a Tomato pasta sauce recipe I'll put on later. They love it here!

I saw a recipe on savoury flapjacks that was very popular on a diferent forum, Noa LOVED it! He ate, n ate n ate n ate! I can't copy paste on my phone but will try to remember
200gram oats
200gram grated carrot
200gram grated courgette (but I used sweet potato)
200gram grated cheese
2 beaten eggs
Pinch of pepper n pinch of thyme
Mix n press down in a thingie n in oven 30min 190 degrees

Also another winner was sliced Apple fry in butter with cinnemon til it soft

I've not got any fresh carrots in at the moment but I have swede and parsnip... reckon I could change the veg combinations? swede and parsnip instead of carrot and courgette (or sweet potato)??? I've all the other ingredients in the house at the moment so might give these a go tomorrow :) xx

Yea go for it. I got loads for Noa ready in The freezer

cool Im gonna make some of these flapjacks too then :yay: gotta get some cheese from the shop then we're all set. I love baking days!

Is it the egg that makes them stick? I'm not good at getting flapjacks to stick! Lol

right, I got my igredients now, LO is sleeping, so Im gonna bake :cheer: Ill post a little pic when Im done

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back