BLW winning recipes

ok feeling motivated here goes...

Brocolli and cheese muffins (this recipe is someone elses from another forum so I dont own it but I guess it was just a recipe so ok to copy and paste!!:))

Makes 12 regular or 24 mini muffins

200g broccoli (1 small – med head)
1 1/2 cups plain yoghurt (360 ml)
1/4 cup oil (olive or corn or your choice)
1 large egg
50g cheese (I use a bit more than 50g – prob nearly double the qty)
2 cups self-raising flour (225g)
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup skimmed milk if required. (50 ml)

Preheat oven to 200 C or 190 for fan ovens. Put rack just below middle of oven.

Cook broccoli (boiled or steamed until tender).
Mix yoghurt, oil & egg well together. Ad broccoli and roughly crumble in blue cheese. Put mixture in food processor and pulse in short bursts until no large pieces of broccoli left. Try not to puree the broccoli but just chop it finely. (I do it all by hand. I chop the broccoli finely on a chopping board and mix everything by hand, Works equally well!)
Put flour & salt in a big bowl and mix together with a fork. Pour in the liquid mixture and begin to fold together. If you think the mixture looks too dry add the extra milk and fold JUST enough to combine. (The key is not to over-mix it – it should look pretty lumpy and unappetizing!)
Spray muffin tins with non-stick spray. Using two spoons divide the mixture evenly between the pans.
Bake for 12/15 minutes or until golden-brown and centres spring back when pressed. Let the muffins cool in the pans for 2-3 minutes before tipping out.

A yummy adult version or for older kids is to use a creamy blue cheese instead of cheddar.

LO totally loves them

oh my f-ing god, I went all the way to the shop and came back without yoghurt :brat: Shall I try with just milk n see what happens or not risk it?

no I didnt risk it, I got the flapjacks in the oven instead.

Did he like them? Did u squeeze out the water of the vegs? Xx

yeah how were the flapjacks tiny?

Evelina-I never squeezed the water out and have never quite got the flapjacks right-they are very crumbly, maybe cos I didn't squeeze the water out? aLSO first time i made them they all went mouldy in 2 days-maybe also the water?
Owen LOVES the muffins and I've been making them with different veg in.

He had corn on the cob at a bbq at the weekend and totally loved it-I think it was the challenge of working it out too! Kept him busy so we could chill for a bit too! He had a good go on a spare rib too lol! :)

Will have to get adding a few more recipes, was a bit lame with the fish pie and Tiny beat me to it! (Tiny I do it the same way but add veg like leeks, carrots and peas)

Evelina - I tried Drake with the cinnamon spiced apples earlier, he flipping LOVED them! Wolfed them straight down!

4 weeks and i can use this thread :)
Maisie is loving the fruit and veg atm

Evelina - I tried Drake with the cinnamon spiced apples earlier, he flipping LOVED them! Wolfed them straight down!

It's a winner for sure, I'm gettin some cinnamon tomorrow!

yeah how were the flapjacks tiny?

Evelina-I never squeezed the water out and have never quite got the flapjacks right-they are very crumbly, maybe cos I didn't squeeze the water out? aLSO first time i made them they all went mouldy in 2 days-maybe also the water?
Owen LOVES the muffins and I've been making them with different veg in.

He had corn on the cob at a bbq at the weekend and totally loved it-I think it was the challenge of working it out too! Kept him busy so we could chill for a bit too! He had a good go on a spare rib too lol! :)

Will have to get adding a few more recipes, was a bit lame with the fish pie and Tiny beat me to it! (Tiny I do it the same way but add veg like leeks, carrots and peas)

Might be the water, also I press mine down as much as I can, i can't say about the mould, I give noa some.n freeze the rest straight away xx

Noa loves corn on the cob aswell :)

I pressed them down really firm too, didnt have any water to drain out though :confused: are you boiling the veg first? I just grated it in raw and it cooked inthe oven.

Morgan really liked them the day I made them then I sent him to the childminders with some in his lunchbox and she said he didnt like it. I dunno.

I put them in raw, I squeeze my carrots n sweet pot. N always loads of water comes out.
Noa loves them everytime. Try.him again, maybe he just had a fuzzy day :)

yeah he was teething that day. He'll have to have them again cos Ive got a freezer full. Whats wrong with your carrots?! lol

Did u try n sqweze a handful grated carrots? U be supprised :)

Im off to make the brocolli and cheese muffins :yay: fingers crossed he likes them!

oh FGS, everytime I go to make these muffins IM an ingredient down. No eggs *sulk*

okay I substituted the egg for melted butter, hope it works :pray:

Ive got 12 lumps of unappetising looking mess in cupcake cases ready for the over to heat up :coffee:

oh hope they work! Sure butter substitution will be ok...fx.
LO loves these, so does OH!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back