BLW and vomiting?

Lynds77

Reaction score
Although I am not BLW I do try to give a finger food lunch most days. Freya is fine with bits of toast, crisps, cheese sticks, etc etc

But quite often she gags to the point of vomiting. I tried her with cheese omlette again today and she initially seemed to be fine until she gagged and gagged and then everything came back up. The bits that came up looked quite big too

Is this normal? Do all babies gag to the point of vomit when BLW?

mind you she does gag on Ella's 7mnth rice pudding pots too

Amelie never gagged or vomited but gagging its absolutely normal as its the way they learn to move things around their mouth and very important to prevent chocking if a piece is too big.
If you keep it up with finger foods and offer different shapes and textures she will eventually stop doing it.

About the big pieces now that will improve too once she learns to chew better (I saw a big improvement from 6-9 m) but until they have all of their teeth to properly grind down food you will find big pieces I think.

James gags a lot more now he is taking bigger pieces and he may occasionally vom a little (that doesn't deter him :shock:)

Touch wood we've never had everything come back up though.

xxxxxxx

Sofias done that a few times lynds,she gagged so much that everything came up!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back