New BLW's - Share Here

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
Morning ladies,

I know some of us will be starting (officially) BLW in the next few weeks, so I thought it might be an idea for us to have our own thread of what our LO's are having, as well as somewhere for us to get some ressurance and support from each other.

Brooke is 5 months/23 weeks on Thursday. She is on 6 milk feeds a day having between 27-31oz a day on average. She is still content with milk but very interested in food when we sit down to eat. We have given her a few things to play with which she has thrust in her gob! These being green beans (her first food), sweet potato (gagged a bit, not v.interested) toast (she loves), mango (she loves - good for teething), baby corn (also a big hit), mangetout (not that interested). I've also put apple and banana in front of her but i think she was a bit grumpy on those occasions so she didn't do much with them. I have also given her some dunked/preloaded spoons of HIPP Organic fruit which she also liked.

More than anything the things I'm giving her are for play and to help her learn what to do with the food, learn to chew etc. My heart has been in my mouth a couple of times as she has gagged but I've learned already that (so far) she doesn't seem to gag in the bumbo - I think this may be because she's sat all the way up whereas in the highchair she's a bit slumped. So being able to sit up firmly is obviously really important.

Also, as she should be waiting another month, I am just offering bits every couple of days, if there's something she can have from our plate etc I want to take it slow, not rush her and for us all to be relaxed and enjoy it! Hoping the gagging will pass soon enough with time and practice!

Look forward to hearing how you & your LO's are doing x

Good luck with it Hun, it really is Fab having LO eat whatever your eating makes life so much easier! she will soon stop gagging, at almost 15 months Tegan literally eats anything x

Great idea! I'll be watching this thread to see how things are going, we have a few months until we can start but I've been reading up on it already. Looks like fun, enjoy x

I will be keeping an eye on this thread as Anton has tried to grab my food couple of times. I really need to read on BLW properly - once I have passed my exam and applied for the residency.

Good idea Jen :) We've not really done much yet, just the odd bit of brocolli but she is definitely very interested. She's on 5 milk feeds a day and takes 7-8oz a time. We've got about 3 and a half weeks until she's 6 months... so not sure when to 'officially' start her but I'll update this thread when we decide :)

We started blw when A was 5 an a Half months old, so I'll update what we eat on here. I wish I knew how to post pics, I hae the friggin cutest one of him eating avocado... :)

Great thread! LO is only 4 months but have been reading up on BLW and would love to do it!!

Thread stalking :) xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

We tried some more HIPP pots earlier when I was cooking dinner. Brooke was in her highchair and she had 4 spoons, a pot with the fruit in, and the empty pot the fruit originally came in. It was everywhere but good fun. Also we had some baby corn with our dinner so put some on her Bumbo tray, but she wasn't interested as much tonight.

I do find myself almost scared when she takes little chunks, I saw her swallow a teeny chunk of mango yesterday and nearly fell off my chair! Hoping this passes or I'll ruin it for all of us and be shovelling food in with the spoon before I've really started! x

Think I'll try Poppy with banana in the morning. Do you think it's best if I leave a bit of the skin on just for her to hold for a better grip, or shall I take it off?

With the skin on I think it's a bit too big, but with no skin cut into chip size it's impossible for B to grip. I was thinking about mushing some banana and giving to her on pre-loaded spoons?

Unless anyone else has got any banana tips? x

From what I read girls, you can roll it in granola so they can grip better.Good luck!

if i was going to give banana i'd just give them the banana without any skin and maybe cut in half, that way they can mush it between their fingers and suck it off! but that does sound like quite a messy way! or buy kid size bananas (most supermarkets do them now) and give it to them whole without the skin! x

we make banana lollipops with a bit of skin on - i buy organic ones and give it a good scrub but she is only interested in the top part.

I think she likes it!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326887061141.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326887061141.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 50
awww bless her, she looks very pleased

What is everybody using for mess under the highchair/bumbo? I haven't bought anything yet but thinking a big plastic cheapy tablecloth, or a shower curtain from poundland!

I'm using my husband for the mess!! He brushes up every night when he gets home from
Work. And tbh, it's so not as
Messy as I thought it would be! I pick up the big bits myself, but nowhere near as much as I thought would ends up on the floor! Shower curtain is a brill idea though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back