Bloody know it alls!!

umbongo

Reaction score
Is it me or do some people insist on telling you how tiring/chaotic/awful/messy/desperate your life will be once the baby is here.
We're not stupid...i'm 35 Ffs, it's not something I've rushed into! Plus my husband has had two already so he's well aware. It makes you wonder why these people have had children if it's so awful...! Why do people have to be annoyingly smug and negative?!

Bring it on I say! I have been waiting a long time for this. I am 37 and know full well how our lives will change. As we are not married we have had people say things like "if you play with fire you will get burnt" (in other words should have married before getting pregnant). I say I am dancing in the flames enjoying the prospect.

Haha good work with the fire dancing :) xx

Actually...

It is bloody tiring :p. I never imagined how awful it was going to be. Obviously it's not like that for everyone, but we were miserable for the first 3 weeks!!! Really not looking forward to those early weeks again. It doesn't help though that I cannot sleep during the day...so I could never nap while baby was napping.

The mess comments used to wind me up. I don't do mess. And our house was still pretty clean and tidy the whole time. I vacuumed while she was asleep, she never woke up.

It's messier now she's a toddler!! Toys everywhere and food mess when she eats.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Oh you........!! I KNOW it's going to be a nightmare at first and really tiring. Why does everyone think they need to reiterate it!! Shush now! :-D

I think my house will be a tip giz....It's hard enough keeping up with cleaning now as my energy levels are zero!! Xx

It annoys me too! Sure, it's gonna be hard and tiring and we're gonna be pushed to our limits of how much we can cope with. But no one ever talks about how rewarding being a parent is. They tell us about how terrible labour and birth are but not about the sense of achievement you must feel when you've done it. We hear about sore cracked nipples but not how special it feels to breast feed. We hear about sleepless nights, but not about how satisfying it must be to soothe your baby.

It's nice that our friends and family are trying to warn us of what's ahead, but I wish they could say nice things too!

lol theyre just as bad when its your 2nd, then you get the 'ooh thats a small agfe gap, thats going to be hard work, 2 is worse than 1' comments

Exactly that juice! Plus there's no turning back now, so stop trying to scare us!! We'll soon find out! :)

Haha Bev. People just love to give their opinion don't they? :)

OH's sister is just like this! She has two girls and the first thing she said when we told her about this pregnancy was 'you'll have your hands full with two'! Which to be honest just made me chuckle to myself because I had said to OH earlier that week that I already knew what she would say - exactly that! I just smiled and said 'yep we're really looking forward to it!' It does wind me up sometimes though, she is very negative in general, her response to our potential name choice was to turn her nose up and so many times when I've mentioned something DS has done she just replies 'oh yeah the girls do that'. She has very different views to me on parenting and discipline as well so to be honest I don't really discuss the kids with her much anymore! Xxx

Last edited:
She sounds like a treasure.... My ex sis in law was an absolute nightmare!! Worth the divorce just to ditch her! :p

She sounds like a treasure.... My ex sis in law was an absolute nightmare!! Worth the divorce just to ditch her! :p

Lol! Luckily I don't see her that much. Her girls are lovely so I don't know why she feels the need to complain all the time but hey ho, I'm learning to ignore her! Xxx

I'm quite pleased I'm having three/twins coz as not many people have them I don't get this so much. Tbh even if they did I wouldn't care! Lol!
Xxx

My answer now is usually "it can't of been that bad if you had another...." Which they usually agree to and then shut up!!!!

so why do so many couples go on to have more than 1, if the first time was soooo bad! lol.

they're probably jelous ;)

Good point, it's not as if as soon as we hear this we say ok lets get rid of the baby. Silly people sometimes the best advise is to keep quiet. I can't wait for the firsts. Cuddles, smiles, saying dadda and mamma. There will be tough firsts like constant crying, illnesses (hopefully not), tantrums, but the good outweigh the bad ten fold.

Believe me being a mum is the best job in the whole world! Yeah it's hard, yeah it's tiring and yeah sometimes it isn't enjoyable but I wouldn't change it for the world!
Xxx

This is exactly what my oh was saying earlier. He asked why no one ever tells you about the good times?! So we discussed all the good times we are going to have like her first bath and first smile and taking her for walks with our dog and cuddles! :) xxx

I feel like I want to slap the bext person who telks me its the end of my life or ill never sleep again, its not the end of my life its a new chapter that will be totally different and at times hard but wont it also be the most wonderful time too, and ok I know babies are awake ag night im not flippin thick why cant they ever say congratulations thats lovely news

Totally get this! Everyone has their own limits and everyone handles it differently, some will find it easier than others but we'll all be at our limit at some point or another. I swear people just think we're idiots who haven't got a clue what's coming. We are adults and fully expect things to be challenging.
I just try not to talk about the baby now with certain people cause I'm getting closer to telling them to F off haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back