I'm gonna scream!

Its horrible when people treat u like a piece of meat :( you know what you are doing, you are keeping your baby happy and healthy thats all that matters!!

whats wrong with sma btw? both my girls had it and never had any probs with it, the other milks made ellie sick :( ... its been 4yrs so maybe its changed.. is there anything i should know about sma??

9 times out of 10 they all interfere coz they care and love you so think of the positive in that... but theres no harm in a polite f off when it gets too much lol!! I had to have words with my mum the moment we found out my sister was preg.. my sis has a v short temper and no patience etc, so we knew she would struggle the most unfortunately.. and i knew my mum would send her loopy as i didnt speak to her myself for 3 weeks when jaycee was 2 weeks old as she was all 'you should be doing this and that'... not helpful advice, orders. i appreciate any advice given but i know what im doing and stick to my guns. if i dont know something ill ask, and so will any other concerned mother.

I never push my advice on anyone but if they ask ill give my opinion based on my girls, but ill always say, 'every baby is different and responds differently to everything, thats just what i done..'

:hug:

OMFG you stick to your guns love....I didnt want to leave my child with anyone let alone over night...my mum went and bought a cot for her house...then said "oh so youll have to leave him now then wont you" I said "ha ha ha what a waste of my coz its over my dead body" ha ha, then she insisited that she was going to have him during the day, not sure when as when I do ask her for help she is too busy, so she went and bought a car seat...I just laughed shes had it 4 mnths and hes not been in it yet, her driving is appaling so he wont go unless its an emergency. This was all because I didnt want to have him out of my sight, he was my child, Id waited a long time for him and...well as you can tell I have a few issues ha ha. I now have him with a child minder when I work a couple of days a week as I trust her more than my family, they leave doors/gates open leading to roads, kettles on the edge of surfaces recently boiled I could go on. Well done, thanks for your rant, I feel much better :)...I have another one on the way so have this all to come again x
xxx

I know a part of that... my mum has never wanted to have the kids at all in day or night for me lol... but OHs mum.... :shock: i was 8 WEEKS preg and she bought a bigger car... and asked my OH if he will let her have the baby overnight... :shock: ummmmmm no!!! my mums only just started having my girls overnight and they are 7 and 4!!!! and im NOT splitting the kids up... EVER!!

supposidly SMA causes constipation and isnt as good as Aptimel, so i keep getting told. I used SMA when i had my son, granted that was 8 years ago, but he was fine on it, never had a bother. If the hopsital give my baby SMA and shes ok with it, then i will continue to use it, if shes struggling with it then i will change it to suit her need, my reply to the SMA thing was, this child isnt even born yet so i dont know how shes going to react to certain things etc, so when shes born i will listne to my baby and take it from there, but they think im just being a bitch lol.

I know alot of them are just trying to be helpful, but im the same, if i need help or advice, im not ashamed to ask for it, but telling me what i can and cant do wont go in there favour. Luckily OH's um hasnt tried to say anything yet lol and i hope she doesnt cos i see her as my mum and i dont wanna have to tell her to back off aswell.
My son slept in his pram during the day and his moses basket at night, when i told my sis that i didnt want my baby in the pram or the moses basket during the day, she felt interigated and got all defensive and said that she put my nephew in his moses basket during the day and at night.......that good for her but i dont want that routine!

i want my baby to know that when shes in her moses basket, that its night time. And i have a thing that ive seen that i want her to nap in during the day. Nothing wrong with the way she done it when my nephew was small, but i dont wanna do it that way. simples.

GOD im sounding like a total stuck up cow and prob regret all this when she arrives lol x

Luckily friends and family have been good with advice......asking if i want stuff they have had for their little ones but saying i wont be offended if you dont have it....and when I have refused they havent been offended.....also my mam looks after a little girl with a disability and she has 2 younger sisters 18 months/4 years.......they are a very well off family and have loads of stuff brand new and she has given stuff to my mam and said the stuff I dont want just to put in a charity shop or pass on. Ive got a brand new car seat and baby monitors still in the boxes. The people that are p**ing me off is people that dont even know me properly......and a woman at work.........she tells me everyday to drink a pint of milk......I have milk in my tea and on cereal but I cant stomach it to drink......I do force myself to drink 1 glass if I drink anymore I vomit! Also I put on FB the other week...." is off to the hairdressers to get a ne do" and one of my cousins friends commented " that is really bad you cant dye your hair when your pregnant you will harm the baby" If she had been infront of me I would have nocked her head off! she doesnt have children and isnt trying as she isnt in a relationship! I took a pic from the NHS book where it says about hair dye uploaded it and tagged her........I got a "sorry lol" back!! as if I hadnt re searched it 1st ha! Also every other week I have had a couple of glasses of low alcohol wine on a friday or sat when we have our take away.......when buying the wine I have had a few shop assistant look at my bump and tut! Its my baby and my body its not like im drinking a bottle of strong wine every night! I have given up smoking completely so Im fine with me drinking a couple of glasses so is my OH!

S
XX

We have a canteen at work with a female Thai chef who is absolutely lovely BUT, the other day, I was ordering my lunch (we get a menu every morning and sometimes I don't fancy what she is cooking so I will have an egg and cheese salad) and she told me that it was too much egg if I have eggs everyday with my salad!!!

I can only have it on a maximum of 4 days as on a Friday we have fry-ups etc (and I don't have eggs then).

Since when has it been bad in pregnancy to have hard boiled egg 4 days out of 7 in pregnancy???

Last edited:
I'm getting annoyed just reading all of your comments lol.

I don't mind people, I suppose depending on my mood lol, offering their opinion. Each to their own and sometimes its useful to see the other side of the coin, but I hate it when people think they're opinion is right and that's it. It's really frustrating.

I haven't really had anyone annoy me so far really, but think I might just snap at the first person that does. The hair thing would really pee me off. People google and assume they're doctors.

xxxx

Noone has the right to say anything about how we are in our pregnancies other than our OHs.. end of!!! lol!

ema-lou24 i agree.. jaycee struggled with feeding at the hosp so she needed sma so i stuck to it... they give newborns sma directly after birth so why would they do that if it was so bad? assuming they still do lol...
Every baby is different and your right.. you have to listen to your babys needs..
As for the routine.. you have to do what you feel will work for your baby, again adapting to what your baby is like.. blanket baby/dummy baby/side sleeping baby... they are born like it and unpredictable! babies need a set routine but it has to be figured out by you and your baby alone.. noone else. they dont have to do it lol!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back