Why did you have more children?

hennaly said:
its not the baby years you need to worry about its the teenage ones, i look back now and think how easy it was when they were babies compared to gobby rebelious cocky know it all teenages they are now :roll:

I really feel for you Hennaly... Tia is slowly introducing me to this gobby, rebellious, cocky know it all teenage stage.. Oh its a barrel of laughs.. If I had two or more in my house... I'd have to barbecue one. :lol: Someone asked me who was more difficult to take care of... and you know it was Tia :lol: :roll:

Molly is a really good baby so I have no fear of having more kids, especially when people tell you that the first 6 weeks are the hardest and I really haven't felt stressed once.

I think I'd feel a bit unsure about doing it all again though if she was a bit more fussy. I definitly want her to have siblings, I have 4 siblings and there are 2 years between each one of us and I have only amazing memories of childhood and now Molly has aunties, uncles and cousins to make life more fun! On a selfish level I also want to experience pregnancy and childbirth again a bit more on my terms now that I have a bit more experience and knowledge about some of the issues I had with my pregnancy and birth.

well my house is a mad house :cheer: im 29 with 3 boys at home, 12,9,5 year old. im ttc at the moment, but thats because i lost my little boy at 28 hours old in 04, thay drive me mad most of the time, my first was the most difficult baby ive ever come across, he cried non stop, was very noughty, didnt sleep, striggled till he were about 3 with sleeping despite playgroup and allsorts of entertainment he just was not tired, my second and 3 are a godsend , thay are the best behaved( not always) i think you deff get better, and more relaxed, when i went for my 6 week check at docs after my 3rd were born, i said i think theres somthing wrong bc hes not a problem sleeps,eats, very content, she said you just learn to do them better, ithink thats true. id have a house full, prob end up like the waltons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

Hi hun, I always knew that I wanted more than one child so I didn't even consider not having anymore if you know what I mean. I also wanted to have my babies close together, which we did but it is proving to be really hard work. I just hope in the long run it gets better and I am sure hoping that when they become more dependant it will do.

I found that having the second was easier, I was a lot more relaxed and felt like I knew what I was doing. I have also learnt from experience and am getting Chloe into a better sleeping routine than we did with Jacob, Jacob is 2 and a half and is still a nightmare at bedtimes. Last night for example, theyt both went down at 7.30 / 7.45pm. Chloe slept till 2.30pm then wanted a bottle, she was fed winded and put down again and slept until 8pm (we do have the odd hiccup when she cries before going back again, which then wakes Jacob etc) however Jacob last night woke at 10.30pm / 1am / 4am and was still awake shouting us at 5.30am - we would have in the past put him in with us but are trying not to do this anymore - I am exhausted most of the time. I think a lot of the nightmare at bedtimes is due to us picking Jacob out whenever he cried as a baby, we also rocked him to sleep and so as he got older he couldn't go to sleep himself - so getting back to my point we have learnt this time round NOT to do that!!!

Jacob has also hit the terrible 2's and is a real handful, friends say that they get better when they turn 3 - here's hoping!!

I wouldn't change what I have for the world though, I look at my 2 beautiful babies and feel the proudest woman on the planet :D

Xxx

Xxx

Poor you Lindsay it sounds like you are having a really rough time of it :hug:
People go on about terrible 2's etc but it can hit at 2, 3, 4. Or not at all, it all depends on the child of course.Hope you get some sleep very soon xxxx

Well to be brief, I think girly hormones have a lot to answer for :lol:

moira

Well it is true..the more you have the easier it gets HONESTLY.. i know quite a few mums with hoards
of children who agree wholeheartedly with that statement, a neighbor of mine has 6 in total. I have had my fair share of sleepless nights but only really when they have been ill. I have always had my babies in bed with me, so they learnt to sleep through very quickly.
I think we live in a confused society where people have their values all screwed up (thats another post). As long as the bog is clean, and the dishes are done so i can cook (which i adore)..then i'm happy and so are the kids to have a relaxed mum who is not interested in keeping up with the Jones like a lot of parents i know who find this child rearing lark a nightmare. Which is fair enough we are all different and having lots of kids is not everyones cup of tea.

We are put on earth to procreate and die..we can be positive of both facts. I know we are all individual and that women like me must have a very strong almost animal like maternal instinct...one i am now learning to control (no more babies ..honest :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:.). I love the fact that my children go off into their own world, and have a magical time i'm not saying others don't. My children are so well balanced they fight express themselves and resolve it, they share, they are confident and open...and i don't want to seem rude or put anyones nose out, but i can spot an only child a mile off...nothing bad just the reality of being an only child ( I call it only child syndrome my hubby was one ;)). I'll shut up as thats my two pence worth

I dont have any other kids except Daniel but I am TTC nr2.

Daniel was an awful sleeper, me and my DH are alone (no family around). In the beginnign I was wondering why on earth i decided to have babies fullstop.

But then he started sleeping through, behaving a bit better, more independent.... And I was getting brodier and brodier and here we are TTC nr2! And I cant wait!

believe me, things do get better. its still hard, but not THAT hard.

And I always wanted a big family!

Hi i'm expecting number 5 and just thought i'd let you know it does get better :D ,i found after the 3rd it makes no difference what so ever.My house is mad and very loud but i don't notice it anymore :)
Getting the kids in a routine helps my 2 smallest ones are in bed by 7.30pm and the oldest stay in there rooms or go out(out of choice that is not cause we lock them in there rooms).
I do worry about having another one and my last 4 haven't exactly been planned :doh: ,but one more won't cause anymore problems.
Its when they get to about 11 that you have to worry :D

We wanted a sibling for jessy but not for another few years yet as she is hard work! She still only sometimes sleeps throught the night I was up 5 times the other night and 3 last night. She is full of energy and is always on the go the whole time and has only ever had 1 nap during the day had really bad colic for months so was very hard work but I'm gonna be doing it all again in July. The reason I'm gonna be doin it again is I don't know how I got pregnant! We were using contraception so getting pregnant was a complete suprise! I'm probably crazy but I'm really looking forward to doing it all over again I think the first year after I have the new baby will probably be really hard but after that I'm sure it will get a bit easier they will have eachother to play with and keep eachother entertained (i'm hoping!)

the reason why we had more children was because i didnt want kyle to be an only child and i felt ready to try for another baby i felt healthy full of energy and that our family unit would benefit from having another addition (i got a shock after ebony was born tho its very true about being more fertile straight after having a baby!!)

anyway i feel iv waffled on enough on a tangent :lol:

kyle was such a laid back baby hardly made a peep, his sister ebony came along when he was 2 (didnt want an overly big gap between them and it worked out how we had hoped) and she has been more of a handful tbh because shes into everything is extremely active with high energy levels and is goin through the terrible 2's at the mo, i fell pregnant when ebony was 4 months old with harvey and he is like his big brother he is happy to roll around on the floor and play, with the encouragement of his brother and sister.

i feel iv coped because im more relaxed with everything now and i have good support. x

Hi Sharne & Hayden,

Well I had Curtis more for company for Aidan and our intention was to try and have two children, but i must be mad as I would like one more, hubby on the other hand wants to stop at the two.. I have friends that tell me "that twos company and threes a crowd" but coming from one of three sisters and being the eldest i never understand people saying that. I think if you get the timing right with regards age apart it doesn't matter how many you have and that you give each of your children the time they deserve.

As for the second time mum thing I was more frightened with having number two (but I have issues!) but with regards looking after them it does seem alot easier you do forget things but you start remembering again very quickly.

Aidan was a wonderful baby and still is a lovely toddler but Curtis seems far more demanding than Aidan ever was and oh boy he lets us know too. What was I saying about having number three :rotfl:

Anyway great to catch up and hope you are all well :hug: :hug:
Take care
Kathy xx

I knew I always wanted kids. I knew I wanted more than one, (I'm the eldest of ) and there is quite an age gap between us. I'm 25, my sister is turning 18 day after tomorrow. My other sister is 14 and my brother is 9. A lot of the time I felt that I was playing a 'mini-mum' in some senses, because I was 7 when my first sister was born, 11, when my 2nd was, and 15 when my brother was born. It's one of the main reasons why I wanted them close together.

My three are very close together really. Benjamin is 4 1/2, Oliver is 18 months, and Amelia is 3 months. We started ttc Oliver when Benjamin was 18 months old, but it took 9 months to fall with him, and with Amelia we started trying for her as soon as Oliver was born!

I was always so desperate for a girl, and I knew I wouldn't feel like I had a 'complete family' until I did have a girl.

Now I have two boys and a girl I feel my family is complete and I don't need to have anymore unless I want one. If I hadn't have had my girl, I would always have felt that there was something missing.

Will we have anymore? Yes, that's a cert. BUT, not until they are at school, 3 kids in just over 4 years has taken it's toll on my body! And I get severe sickness where I end up in hospital for weeks. With Amelia I didn't eat for 6 weeks because of the sickness, and with looking after Oliver who was just 7-8 months at the time was hard. Thank God for family!!!

So yes, I'd love another girl - to even things up! But not for a while!

I always was going to have more then one baby. I originally wanted 4 before I had my first. This was because I had grown up with a sibling so it was normal tome, plus I had this idea that only children were spoilt and lonely - a myth that was completely destryed when I met OH who is less spoilt and more outgoing then me lol.

However after Seren's birth I decided I didn't want anymore. As gorgeous as she is she was also a "high maintenance" baby and I really struggled, ended up with bad PND and anxiety and just felt that it would be unfair to another baby to put them through that again. I managed to get the PND under control with medication and after Seren's first birthday I thought about having another baby. OH was still a bit resistant but was loving being a dad and came round to the idea of having a second when Seren was 3. However I became pregnant with Cally quite a bit before then.Throughout the pregnancy I really worried about coping with another yet it has been an amazing experience. Cally actually slept (Seren did not sleep whatsoever lol) and I was more confident of my mothering abilities. With a second/third/fourth etc you just have to get on with it as you have other children who need looking after, so we were out and about in no time. It is hard to say whether Cally is a calmer baby, she seems to be but she is also very active, loves to be the centre of attention (and will let you know if she isn't) and is showing all the signs of being a complete daredevil with no fear just like her sister (my poor nerves). Plus I now know what works for me - with Seren there was all these worries about whether I should co-sleep, breastfeed on demand etc, wean onto purees whereas now I know co-sleeping rocks, BLW is the easiest thing ever, and a good sling is a mum's best friend. Best of all though is the fact Cally's favourite thing is her big sister - she adores Seren and follows her everywhere. Luckily Seren loves playing with Cally most times (though we have the arguements at times) and I find I can get things done whilst the two girls play. At times it is tough, like when Cally is waking loads and disturbs Seren - and I end up with 2 children in my bed and not much room - but then in the morning I wake to see them snuggled up together, or to them playing bounce on the bed. It has been such a great experience that OH is already talkign about baby 3 (I will get my way with baby 4 ;) )

awww beanie's posts about her girls make me cant wait for another oneeeeeeeeeeeee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back