People are so negative

poochielove

Reaction score
Oh i am really fed up of everyone being so negative!!! I am so excited about having this baby but everyone seems to be trying to tell me that life as i know it will be over. Im not stupid i am well aware that things are going to be different and i will have a little person that needs me for everything. But its like "oo you will never sleep again" or "you will never be able to do that again" and "your body will be ruined". It makes me wonder why women ever want kids if they are THAT awful that they ruin everything. The worst is i have 2 dogs and people are going "you will have to take them to the RSPCA/get them put down/ make them sleep outside" WHY the hell would i want to do that???? I thought i'd just need to be very careful. Im sure it wont be the first baby to b bought up in a house with dogs.
:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Aw I'm so sorry to hear that everyone is being so negative! :hug: :hug:

People can be mean, to be honest as hard it is you will have to learn to ignore them. Sometimes, they think they have a reason to tell you how to live your life. Its your life and just ignore the horrible things they're saying. They will probably come around in time. If they're true friends, they will :D

How has your family taken it? I hope they're being supportive. To be honest, the most important thing is that you are happy! Which you clearly are so congrats. I hope things improve soon :D :D

I'm sure your little one will be fine around dogs. Are they good tempered?

I was brought up around dogs, if anything the dogs often grow quite protective around the baby. One of my Mum's dogs did, it used to sit by me as if on guard, and it used to growl if anyone else came near me except my Mum :rotfl:

OMG..... who on earth told you to get rid of the dogs??? I would have punched them in the face if they'd have said that to me!!!!! :evil: :evil:
I have a dog who is the total light of my life at the minute and I know that will change when the baby comes along because the baby will have to come first but there's no way on this earth I would every consider getting rid of him just because we have a baby on the way.

tell them you're not stupid and well aware of how much work a baby is so keep their noses out. I'm really looking forward to bringing up the baby with a dog around because I think they'll both love having a constant play thing on hand. Plus I'm sure the dog will love clearing up all the bits of food that the baby will end up throwing at it. Yes it's going to be hard work when the baby is crying for a nappy change and the dog is pestering for a walk but I'll get through it and I think the benefits will far out weigh any downsides.

sorry for the rant but I love my doggy and if anyone says anything bad about dogs I jsut go off on one!!!

There is nothing people are more opinionated about then pregnancy!!
The life changing, changing body etc yep we all know these things people can't seem to help pointing them out but alot of the time they don't mean to upset or mean anything by it they just don't think!

As for the dogs people have more of a problem with dogs round kids at the moment with all dog attackes being dregged up and reported on to make it look like theyre happening all the time, what they don't make clear is normally the parents or dogs owner are more to blame then the dog for either encouraging agression in the dog or not supervising dogs and children together properly
I know of a dog that bit a child and was put down the owners were suprised it was the kindest nicest dog and loved the child but they wern't in the room when it happened didn't bother to investigate why the dog might have bitten the vets found after the dog was put down that a pencil had been inserted its full length pointy end first up the dogs backside causing serious damage and obviously pain no wonder the dog bit the child!!! :twisted:

I have a very lively 2 year old dog I have consulted a behaviourist on ways I can get my dog used to changes that will occure when the baby arrives and how best to introduce them, my baby will never be left unsupervised with my dog but no young child should be, but there is no reason at all to re-home a dog just because a baby is on the way!! :hug:

Thanks girls!!! I was so so so mad aswell! My dogs are everything to me and just becasue one is VERY large (Greyhound) it doesnt mean hes nasty hes the most sweet natured dog ever and all he does is sleeps. He couldny care less if a burgler broke in let alone be bothered by a baby, he wouldnt bat an eyelid. As for my other dog hes a bit crazy but hes only 18 months (Whippet) but all he ever wants to do in snuggle and lick people! My Family are really happy its just other people sticking their noses in. I think its great for kids to have animals around them...i always did.

They are right about the fact that your life will change, but you already know that. And most of the changes aren't for the worse. When I gave birth to my first daughter, I had just turned 20. It just didn't seem like it could really be my baby. But by the time I took her home from the hospital, she was my whole world. It was so hard to be away from her. Yes, there are parts of motherhood that are hard, but it is absolutely worth every minute. As far as not getting anymore sleep, my first slept 7 hours straight from the time we brought her home, so you never can tell. And, honestly, you can bounce back pretty quickly from a first pregnancy as far as your body goes. Lastly, don't ever let anyone tell you that you have to get rid of anything you consider a member of the family. Dogs can be great around kids. I'd just watch them closely together, at least for the first 6 or so months.

I don't know what it is about being pregnant that makes a lot of people think they have an open invitation to comment on your personal life and life choices.

"Well I hope you're not going to be one of those mums"

"Whatever you do, make sure you do x y z"

"I don't know how you'll cope with {insert situation here}"

"When I was pregnant I did xxxx and it was the best thing ever"

Just wait till you get the bump huggers - the people who normally wouldn't bother with you but now there's a bump you're public property!

Yes its nice to hear of people's experiences but that doesn't mean you should do the same thing. Ignore them about the dogs, I know plenty of people who have babies and dogs and manage just fine.

Alas everyone has an opinion when it comes to somene else being pregnant :roll: 9 months feel like an eternity sometimes. I'm glad we didn't tell most people till I was 12 weeks plus.

FWIW I'm with you on the dog front. We have a 6 month old Whippet (which we got when I was 32 weeks PG and we lost our Lurcher and collie cross within 2 months of each other then and could not bear to be dogless) and he is as soft as anything and the only thing he will want to do when Baby arrives is cuddle up and and keep warm :lol: Softest thing ever and while bouncy would never hurt a fly. Baby and he will grow up together and learn to get along :)

We carefully considered our choice of dog when getting him. We had a short list of 2 breeds we felt suitable and were familar with the Whippet breed and felt it best suited us, our lifestyle and out future family.

Ignore what people say about your dogs. Its a shame they have done so. Just ask them to keep their opinions on such things to themselves as you know your dogs and are happy with things thank you very much.

Sherlock said:
Alas everyone has an opinion when it comes to somene else being pregnant :roll: 9 months feel like an eternity sometimes. I'm glad we didn't tell most people till I was 12 weeks plus.

FWIW I'm with you on the dog front. We have a 6 month old Whippet (which we got when I was 32 weeks PG and we lost our Lurcher and collie cross within 2 months of each other then and could not bear to be dogless) and he is as soft as anything and the only thing he will want to do when Baby arrives is cuddle up and and keep warm :lol: Softest thing ever and while bouncy would never hurt a fly. Baby and he will grow up together and learn to get along :)

We carefully considered our choice of dog when getting him. We had a short list of 2 breeds we felt suitable and were familar with the Whippet breed and felt it best suited us, our lifestyle and out future family.

Ignore what people say about your dogs. Its a shame they have done so. Just ask them to keep their opinions on such things to themselves as you know your dogs and are happy with things thank you very much.

Whippets are great arent they?! :) Mine has ants in his pants tho! Hes such a snuggle bum! I also think hes the worst dog for scrounging i have ever seen...caught him on the work top a few weeks ago!

haha, how on earth did we get on the work top? how cute.

I'm glad to hear that your family are really supportive! I haven't told any friends yet, feeling a bit nervous about it to be honest as quite young and they're all going to be shocked/judgemental. But nevermind!

I hope things turn better for you and people start keep their noses out of your business :fib:

hu!!!! kids do change your life for ever but they change them in such a better way, i never imagined how much they would make me happy i love my 2 children more then anything in the world and will never go back on my choise to have them, they light up my every day also i still get to go out i just happen to have a lovely family and a good friend who i share babysitting with , as with dogs being round children i can't see why you'll have to give them up infact it's healthy for children to have animals around tehy learn to respect animals more and sometimes the child and dog get such a bond they end up being best friends (also it has been proven that dogs encorage their intelegence i red this in a dog book)
sorry rant over lol i'm sorry everyone is being negative and sending hugs

Cristina said:
haha, how on earth did we get on the work top? how cute.

I'm glad to hear that your family are really supportive! I haven't told any friends yet, feeling a bit nervous about it to be honest as quite young and they're all going to be shocked/judgemental. But nevermind!

I hope things turn better for you and people start keep their noses out of your business :fib:

Hes very agile and climbs on stools and things so yeh lol he finds ways and means! How old are you? I was so scared how my parents would react (im 22) they were really excited tho so that was good. How far gone are you?

I've only been emotional enough to cry once this pregnancy and that is when someone told me I'd have to rehome my dog because I'm having a baby :roll: My dog is one of the family just like this baby will be, so everyone is going to have to learn to live together. I am already taking steps to introduce changes gradually to my dog's life so that he doesn't resent the baby when he arrives. I know as well as anyone that my dog can be grumpy and because of that I will never leave him and Oscar alone together. I will bring up my son to respect and love our dog and we have already decided to give the dog's name to LO as his second name. I have a standard schnauzer and from what I read they are great dogs to have kids with (also they have hair not fur so LO will not be allergic). I'm sure having a baby is a massive change for all the family but I'm getting fed up with people saying they don't know how I'll cope - just because I'm not the most maternal of people doesn't mean I'm going to be a crap mother :roll:

Sorry didn't mean to have a rant :oops: I know how you feel, I'm fed up of advice! :hug:

I'm glad your family are so excited! At least not everyone's being negative :D

My family have been really supportive, well only told my mum so far, but she's been great about it. I'm 20, will be 21 when the LO's born. I'm about 4/5 weeks on or so. Not sure exactly as I can't remember the exact date of my last period lol. At my best guess I'm due at the beginning of January!
When are you due?

I worked out i was due on 29th November but when i spoke to midwife she said 1st Dec :( but i am just going with the first date for now (it seems like too long away as it is :)

Is the father on the scene?

I spose my mum wasnt shocked cos i have been with my bloke for 2 years, lived together a year and a half and pay our way etc. I still sometimes think 22 is really young compared to some other mums tho. Really scary!

BTW you should get yourself a ticker!!

Yeah the father's on the scene. He's been lovely about the whole thing and very supportive.

Oh wow, I'm in the exact same situation with my other half. Been together 2 years last week and living together 1 and a half years of those. He works full time and I'm a student, though not for much longer!

I'm too scared to get a ticker for the moment. I'm going to wait til I've hit 12 weeks :D

Though it could be considered young. I know most people will think its young. I do feel quite overwhelmed by the whole thing. The whole life changes part, like not going out doesn't bother me that much as I feel like I don't enjoy it that much anyway. What about you? Feeling overwhelmed at all?

You are so right.. people can be very negative and as for the dogs? If someone had said that to me whilst my hormones are like they are i would have gone mad.. selfish stupid people! (sorry) :evil:
Greyhounds are actually known to be one of the best dogs around children. I was bought up with a household dog and was just fine. I believe it makes children more caring having animals around.

Im in a bit of a predicament with my cat though.. i rescued her and she has a few issues. Im hoping my mum and dad will adopt her but if not then i will just work round it somehow. It just means you have to be a bit more careful. It can work. I would never ever consider killing my pet cos im having a baby though. thats madness and its so sad to know there are people around that do this!

Anyone noticed they have become far more opinionated whilst pregnant?? lol

Claire x

Oh gosh people just do my head in, literally lol!
I hate that! When people think they can say this or that etc to you its so annoying! If you ask for advice then fair enough but if not, shut up!!!
(yes Im in one of the best of moods today as you may tell! :roll: )
I had all that with my first and with being 17 too, they really felt like they had the right to tell me all sorts! i even had people who didnt have kids telling me how they will change my life and I will never have a life again!? :shock:
Luckily nobody told me that i would or should have to get rid of my doggie! But then they couldnt as he was Joes (OH) and he had had him 4 years before we got together!!
Hes a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and the sweetest, softest thing i have ever seen, he is 14 nearly now! And still just as soft! lol

poochielove said:
I worked out i was due on 29th November but when i spoke to midwife she said 1st Dec :( but i am just going with the first date for now (it seems like too long away as it is :)

Is the father on the scene?

I spose my mum wasnt shocked cos i have been with my bloke for 2 years, lived together a year and a half and pay our way etc. I still sometimes think 22 is really young compared to some other mums tho. Really scary!

BTW you should get yourself a ticker!!
lol 22 isn't young at all i'm 23 and having my 3rd :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back