Bloody know it alls!!

Thanks ladies, I'm glad it's not just me! :) xx

to me it was the end of my life, the life where i could go and do whatever, noone to rely on me etc but it was the start of a much better life filled with love and cuddles and joy at every new thing she learns so really why wouldnt i do it again, i had millions id have at least 4 lol

I find that people who keep on going on about things like that sorta like to get one over on us as its our first time and they are 'pro's'. What a croc of shit, ive had all that plus nightmare labour stories, i just tend to shut off their waffling lol. We'll find out soon enough and deal with it, just like everyone else :)

so why do so many couples go on to have more than 1, if the first time was soooo bad! lol.

they're probably jelous ;)

Because the bad times become a distant memory! Honestly we had always wanted more than one. But the day our daughter was born we decided to stick with one baby. It took about 6 months to change our minds again to have another!!

It's hard not to say stuff when you've had a baby :$ I'm sure I've said all those things that annoyed me when I was having my first. There are lots of positives though.

Breastfeeding is the best...but you feel like you can't gloat about how amazing it is for fear of offending those that can't or won't. So maybe that's why I tend to focus on the "how hard a time I had, and how painful it was" rather than the bond I built, and how easy it was once we cracked it.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I csnt bloody wait!! Ive had people telling me who dont have kids how hard its gonna be and how i wont have time for a social life. These so called friends are now ignoring me and not talking to me. Its like i have to talk to them first. They havent even asked me how the pregnancy is going or how im doing. Nothing! Il bloody shiw them :) i even offered for them to pop round to the my house whenever they wanted and the reply i got was they are too busy working or they use the weekend to recover from a weeks work. EXCUSES! Xx

I get this all the time!! We have a few new babies in the family and all I get is 'you wait, u won't be doing your hair and make up like u do anymore' or 'you won't be dressed as smart once that little one comes along'

I know it's going to be hard And tiring but this is what I want, more than anything! I'm not completely stupid u know aargh!! Lol xx

Now - if there was a big like button on this thread I'd be battering on it!

I'm so, so sick of hearing how my life is going to change. The mess my house will be, and the pressure a baby will put on our relationships.

Let me freekin tell you people! I am 29 (tomorrow), I have 5, yes 5 step children, which my hubby has always taken lots of custody of. I raise one of hubbys kids as my own. They are aged between 10-18 years old - I freekin know how to cope with kids as I've been doing it for 9 years! LOL I am a very hands on step-mum!

Oh I so needed to rant that out! Great post lol! x

Last edited:
I used to get this all the time too and it would wind me up! If I ever got excited and voiced it to certain people I would receive a patronising laugh and the most irritating comment: 'yeah just you wait...'

Well I did just wait and I have my baby now and I love every single second of it. There are times when it's very tough but I love love love it.

Now what annoys me is when I tell people what new things she's done and I get 'careful what you wish for, she'll be crawling/walking/talking etc soon). Although they may think its a revelation to me, I kind of knew those were the next developmental mile stones and will be excited when she reaches them.

'Just you wait' baah so annoying!

People will always try to stick their oar in and scare you to death about stuff (although I didn't hear horrible birth stories until after my LO was born - thank god!). I'd ignore it if I were you! Our life has changed but all for the better and we have our evenings, which are pretty much how they used to be. I can't imagine my life without my LO. Am in equal parts excited and petrified of having my next one. Hubby keeps joking "maybe it'll be twins!" AAAAAAAArrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh!

Now - if there was a big like button on this thread I'd be battering on it!

I'm so, so sick of hearing how my life is going to change. The mess my house will be, and the pressure a baby will put on our relationships.

Let me freekin tell you people! I am 29 (tomorrow), I have 5, yes 5 step children, which my hubby has always taken lots of custody of. I raise one of hubbys kids as my own. They are aged between 10-18 years old - I freekin know how to cope with kids as I've been doing it for 9 years! LOL I am a very hands on step-mum!

Oh I so needed to rant that out! Great post lol! x

Go Noni!! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back