Why can't people share in the joy of pregnancy?

HollyHobby said:
I have that overcrowded fear too, like its just this second been born and already i am being told i'm doing this and that wrong and laods of people swarming in grabbing the baby off me and saying this is how you do it!! I just know the fact I wont be putting the baby on its side to sleep will eat my mum away as thats how they did it in hospitals when she was a nurse. I just hope I've got some confidence left by the end of it to tell people to P off :) ok i dont know how to look after a baby but i'll learn! :shakehead: (cant be much different to kittens can it? :think: )

:lol: You'll be fine - we'll all be fine. This is our baby and only we know best for it. Only we can choose what to do. I'm not breastfeeding (oh, don't you start :rotfl:) and the amount of uproar its caused in my OH's family is unbelievable............ :roll: Thing is, I am quite outspoken and I will probably upset everyone when its born and tell them all to feck off and leave me alone... I don't want no one there after I've just had it, I will just want to be with my OH and the baby. I don't even want my family there. Maybe a few hours later, or next day if I'm still there. :?

Thanks for the hugs :hug: :hug: I'm gonna tell my mum my bump is splenditious!!! :cheer:

If you dont breast feed then be prepared to be told youre still doing it wrong :rotfl:
I don't know, perhaps we'll end up no it all's (a bi like Mylene Klass - one baby and she's a baby expert!)

The way I see it is I know instinctively what a cat needs so if i have that with an animal I'm bound to know what to do for my flesh and blood.
Now I just wish it was June already :cheer:

I nearly cried at my grandma's house the other week. My youngest auntie bought the baby a Derby County babygrow (I know :oops: ) I was so touched because it's the first thing we've been bought.

My other aunties (there are 3 of them) were going:

"I don't know why you bought her that it just brings bad luck to buy things this early"
and
"Well I'm not going to buy you anything until the baby comes because I don't want to bring you bad luck"

I wanted to stamp up and down on their heads. I've had my bad luck with this pregnancy (they don't know about the twin) but what a mean thing to say. They are HORRID!

Sorry for butting in on the rant!

Ellie :hug: :hug: :hug:

for what it's worth it cant be bad luck cos who buys stuff once it's born!

It's good to moan!!! :hug:

On a side note I bet my hubby buys ours a Scotland top or something and i'll have to buy an england one!

Mum asked how I was the other day so I said tired (as I'm not sleeping well at all) I figured if you can't tell your mum the truth who can ya?

So she says it's because I'm not eating properly?!? WTF?!?! I eat like a horse with plenty of fruit and veg? No it's because I'm not sleeping. No it's because you're not eating properly. NO ITS NOT! :wall: :wall: :wall:

My inlaw suggested I let her look after the baby when I go back to work (which I haven't even decided if I am going back to work or not it's only 18 months away! :roll: ) this would be the same inlaw who told me to start smoking again because I'm stressed. And the same inlaw who would smoke all over my child whilst allowing them to play with one of the many packs of pills which lay on the kitchen table. If she tries to give me parenting advice I think I may scream! :rotfl:

Moan and rant all you like girls - its good to know we're not alone. :hug:

are you sure youre eating properly though? :rotfl:

I couldnt believe it when i read about them saying that about smoking, morons! After saying that my mum is nearly as bad, as in I didnt really need to stop in the first place :roll: I think it's guilt cos she smoked like a freaking chimney with me and baby photos show people holding me with ciggies in their hands next to my head :( so it must be alright to do!

Think I'd better go get ready now and go get my body pillow :cheer: I'm also having some sleep isuues. I was up till after 5am last night and was 4.30am the night before that. I just lie there awake yet shattered so end up washing in the night. Plus I keep ending up soaked on the back of my neck when I do wake up and a soaking pillow where I've slavered all over it (are you building a picture?!!)

HollyHobby said:
..... a soaking pillow where I've slavered all over it (are you building a picture?!!)

Yes and what a lovely picture it is! :rotfl:

By the way I paid £35 for my body pillow a couple of weeks back and it spend one night in bed with me and 13 nights on the floor! :rotfl:

That sounds a bit like me and my hubby, we made the baby then he's spent 4 months in the spare room ever since :rotfl:

Luckily the Lidls ones are under a tenner so if it's rubbish no harm done :)

Hugs to everybody it seems like we're all going through the mill what with us not eating properly, not sleeping properly, bringing bad luck on ourselves and generally not understanding the implications of bringing a child into this world.

What a bunch of bad mums we will be!

:rotfl:

Well I hope no one says anything about me being a bad mum when I am having my 5 margarittas in 20 weeks time cos my ticker says i can!! (you witnessed it! :cheer: )

lol really better get my butt in gear and go shopping :oops:

ejjie said:
Hugs to everybody it seems like we're all going through the mill what with us not eating properly, not sleeping properly, bringing bad luck on ourselves and generally not understanding the implications of bringing a child into this world.

What a bunch of bad mums we will be!

:rotfl: :rotfl: But don't sweat it girls - the minute our babies arrive we will totally agree with these people and (gulp) become one of them!

HollyHobby said:
Well I hope no one says anything about me being a bad mum when I am having my 5 margarittas in 20 weeks time cos my ticker says i can!! (you witnessed it! :cheer: )

I want a mojito so BAD. :shhh:

ejjie said:
HollyHobby said:

I want a mojito so BAD. :shhh:

OMG! I said that to hubby last night! He knows how much I used to drink them so he made me a lemonade with sugar and basil (no mint! :rotfl: ) - it was vile but bless him! :lol:

Can't wait to get that and a Kir Royal down my neck in 20ish weeks!

I had a virgin mojito over Christmas. NOT THE SAME! Still, we will enjoy those first drinks in 6 months time eh

Serendipity_ said:
And, I lie awake at night panicking that they will try and overcrowd me when the baby is born. :cry: I'm panicking again now. :lol:

ditto! I think that after the baby is born I'm gonna take to not answering the door if people are too eager :lol:

Becc said:
Serendipity_ said:
And, I lie awake at night panicking that they will try and overcrowd me when the baby is born. :cry: I'm panicking again now. :lol:

ditto! I think that after the baby is born I'm gonna take to not answering the door if people are too eager :lol:

I know! Let's take ages to open the door then open it a teeny tiny bit looking really sleepy and whispher 'Oh I'm sorry We had no sleep last night can you come back another day?'

We can do that a couple of days, be out the next, blame the health visitor the next, then here's another good one.

Put your coat on to open the door and act surprised to see someone there and she 'oh sorry we were just on our way out.'

We should be able to avoid people for a good week! :rotfl:

My MIL as lovely as she can be, needs a good talking to! First of all, we were very laid back with our twins, mainly for an easy life as it was hard work, but we were not routine enough for her liking! Also, despite her being of that older generation, she almost tried to force me to stop breastfeeding because she didn't agree that it was best all round, which I think was purely selfish as she wanted to have a go at feeding them, and wasn't able to do that while they were on my boobies!
She also does not like midwives or health visitors, and thought her advice was better than theirs, because they just interfere all the time, and most of them do not have children apparently. Good grief, I'm glad we live so much further away this time round. Last time, I used to ignore the door because she would call by every lunch time. She said she was coming to see if I needed any help, but it was more of a hindrance if you know what I mean, and she would frown upon me for still being in my PJs.

She also goes on and on about how hard work it is, and that it's even harder now I already have two girls, who are obviously really going to struggle to come to terms with a new baby etc. etc. etc.

This is kind of off-topic I know, but I almost lost it when she asked me why I'd spent so much time sleeping the other saturday! Uh hello? Bump giving any clues? :wall:

Mama 2 Be said:
[quote="Mel&Bean":35dii49n]haha its normal, and yes i am one of those people who says 'it only gets more uncomfy' coz you know what, it bloody does, i have a baby the size of a small hippo growing inside of me atm, butyou know what despite that, theres gonna be a beautiful baby at the end of itall and thats what makes all these tough times alot easier :D

For that Mel&Bean I hope you go to 42 weeks! :rotfl: I'm only kidding, are you still kicking around here - get that baby OUT goddamnit! :rotfl:

Or as your gang of the bleedin' obvious would say: Haven't you had that baby yet???? :rotfl: :rotfl:[/quote:35dii49n]
Does that mean you hate me now then :rotfl: sorry chick, i do love the kicks though im gonna miss that like mad:(

Mama 2 Be said:
Becc said:
[quote="Serendipity_":3h0u359p] And, I lie awake at night panicking that they will try and overcrowd me when the baby is born. :cry: I'm panicking again now. :lol:

I know! Let's take ages to open the door then open it a teeny tiny bit looking really sleepy and whispher 'Oh I'm sorry We had no sleep last night can you come back another day?'

We can do that a couple of days, be out the next, blame the health visitor the next, then here's another good one.

Put your coat on to open the door and act surprised to see someone there and she 'oh sorry we were just on our way out.'

We should be able to avoid people for a good week! :rotfl:[/quote:3h0u359p]

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

If it gets too much I'm actually considering wearing a disguise, answering the door looking puzzled and saying "I'm sorry, they moved out" :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back