bleeding week 6

lillie

Reaction score
hi all,

I've been off work for a few days now with light bleeding. GP is of the opinion that I need to rest up and see what happens over the next few days. I know its fairly common to bleed a bit early on, but it really is just too horrifying to contemplate what might be happening.

These are my symptoms.

Tues - upset stomach all day.
Wednesday - brown discharge - not much of it and only in the morning
Thursday - nothing
Today - bright red blood when i got out of bed - again not much. Slight stabbing pains

I had a blood test on Wednesday to measure hormones and Im due another on Monday.

Has anyone had this and what was the outcome? Feel frustrated just sat here not able to influence anything.

hey there lillie, i had a similar thing, but was spotting after urinating. it turned out to be a bladder infection!!! my stomach had been upset too with slight diarrhea.
ihad to wait for hcg level blood test too, it can be quite frustrating but just to relax and take it easy.
hope all goes well.
takecare
xxx

hope everything settles down for you, just try to rest best you can xxxxx

Yes I hope it all settles down too, try not to worry too much and rest as much as you can - let us know how you go ok? :hug:

:hug: i hope your tests come back with good results and everything is fine xx

Hi, I have had brownish discharge on and off so far (am 7 weeks) and in the middle of my fifth week I went to the loo in the afternoon and also had bright red blood on my underwear, had also experienced a stabbing pain earlier in the afternoon. Went to emergency doctor that evening who said it is common and if it is just a little bit they tend not to be concerned. Went to my own doctor the next morning who said pretty much the same thing, and just wait, see and pray. I took a day off work to rest. I have had no more red blood since that one scary moment, but still having discharge/spotting on and off. I am going for a 7 week scan on Sunday morning and just praying everything is ok. Hope fully if you are resting today and have the weekend to keep your feet up, it will have stopped and you can start to breathe again. I really do know exactly how you are feeling, just hope the outcome for both of us is a good one. Let me know how you get on,

Ruth xxx

I had slight bleeding at 9 weeks with one of mine, and the scan said it was a slight placenta abuption, came away a little, but all fine still, good they are going to scan you to put your mind at rest.

Easy to say, but try not to worry and get a really good feet up rest.

I hope everything is ok hun, keep us posted x

Hi,

I had bleeding at 6 and 7 weeks and both times everything was fine but it didn't stop me worrying so I know how you are feeling.

At 6 weeks it started off a brown discharge when I wiped and it gradually got heavier and turned red. I had a scan at the EPU and they confirmed that everything was fine.

At 7 weeks it started again but was much heavier and bright red blood. They sent me for another scan and took a swab. Everything came back normal so I never got a reason for my bleeding. It was just one of those things.

I was told to rest and take things easy. I was also told not to worry as it's very common to bleed in early pregnancy.

Pleasse try to relax and look after yourself. Keep us updateds on how things are going. x

U can blled a little normally, they say around the time ur AF would be due, I spotted at 7 weeks both times, at that point everything was ok :hug:

i bled around your time and it was kidney infection and dispersed cyst babies still here!! dont panic just rest up take it easy and wait patiently till monday . i cant imagine if it was the worst that it would go on this long . with my m/c it all happened quite close together , i hope that gives you a lil reassurance and doesnt add to your worries. GL xx

Thank you everyone, nice to hear it can work out. My blood test from Monday came back OK with higher levels than usual for 6 weeks (guess that means my dates were wrong or there are 2 in there) No more bleeding since Friday but wont know for sure until Thursday when the 2nd blood test comes back - which my GP will compare to the 1st level and see if its gone up.

Fingers crossed but I think it will be OK - I felt dog sick this morning which must be a good sign!

woohoo!!! congrats!!! TWINNIES!!!! :D class!!! i hope it is that lol . im glad your feeling sick :D its a good sign lol ull be fine. it is good to hear the good stories as well as the bad when stuff is going on :D hope ur ok and i hope thursdays results are even higher and ur having triplets:p xxx

hi hun i had same thing in week 7 and turned out to be a water infection which was only spotted after 3 urine samples! hope everything goes ok xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back