Bit of Advice Needed

JensBump

Reaction score
Warning long post LOL

Hi Girls - I haven't been on here in ages cause I wasn't planning to ttc until April 2011. I need a bit of advice - I got my AF on Monday but it lasted less than 1 day - I have been off the pill since Feb 2010 and have not been preventing but not actively trying - anyway cause AF went away so quickly and it was quite light I thought I would try a test but it came up BFN - but since then I have been having cramps in my lower abs and a tugging feeling down below - anyway I tested again yesterday afternoon and after 10 mins it was still BFN - went back to it later and there was a second line (not sure how long it took to come up) - it is pink like the control line and is still there this morning and doesn't disappear if I hold it up to the light - I have used these tests before and no matter how long I have left them no second line has come up - showed it to OH and mum and they both see it but I can't get it on the camera.

My question is do you think I should trust it cause it was after the development time? Does it matter that it is very faint? Do you think I should wait a few days and try again?

Thanks in advance

Def test again in afew days as it could be a evap line! When I tested in my last pregnancy the 2nd line didn't appear till after 10mins so didn't trust the result but the 2nd line was very dark when it did develop and I was pregnant! Goodluck and fingers crossed that line gets darker for you x x

I agree....do another test perhaps a different brand and go from there. ..good luck honey x

When i got a faint second line, i was told rather bluntly that if it appears over time then it doesn't count at all and it turned out to be sensible advice so im going to extend it to you.

It's probably not want you want to hear, but there it is.

That said, i have never ever had any spotting of any sort and think it's a pretty good sign unless you had some brutal intercourse before it happened :)

Good luck ;)

Thanks for the advice ladies - I am getting cramps like AF but obviously that is meant to be over until next month so not sure what to think - I will def do another test in a couple of days.

Louise - you are right of course I should discount it as it was over the time but can't help myself LOL but did not have any "brutal intercourse" before the bleed so here's hoping :lol:

So wreaked today and feel like I have a cold - funny how I hope that feeling rotten is a good sign

I thought a pink line was a positive. I think its looking good but test again tomorrow and keep us posted xxx

I did and it was another faint line - so am waiting till the weekend LOL (if I can)

I am seriously trying not to get my hopes up but been having cramps for last week now and they are getting more noticeable every day, my BBS are 2 inches bigger, my back is sore, I have been having trouble sleeping and today I was seeing how many times I went to the loo and it was nearly every hour - who am I kidding I am getting my hopes up :)

ooooooooooooo sounding good huny
is ya ovulation ticker correct??
when is af due x x

No ticker is completely out - I should remove it or in fact update it

I should of had AF last Tuesday but it only stuck around for less than a day and wasn't a proper AF - as in it was very light

I bought a digital tonight so going to try and wait until the end of the week as they are so expensive - read somewhere that the tests are only 100% accurate at 42 days - which would be next Tuesday for me - can I wait that long....mmm :whistle:

My mum says she didn't get her BFP until 8 weeks - think I will pull my hair out if I have to wait that long ... starting to think all the symptoms are just in my head :shock:

Good luck for the weekend Hun!! But it all sounds positive to me!!!

I thought a pink line was a positive

The colour just indicates if the sample is wet or dry, pink = wet and purple = dry.

If you left a positive test to dry it would also go purple :)

Goodluck Jen, you can always go for a free test at the GP or some chemists do them ;)

Can't wait to hear how it turns out for you!

i had to wait 9 weeks for my bfp with my son it was mad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8 tests and 9 weeks l8r i got possitve
he is now 5 on thursday n happy healthy n cheekie little boy :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare