birth plan?

hev&madi

Reaction score
so where do i start with a birth plan?? help!

the birth? :D hahaha ur midiwfe usually talks you thru it? i think, crikey, even i need the answer to this...

right i want the baby out of me! is that a start?

hahaha my birth plan is going to be amazing.

*beginning* i would like to have my baby out of my stomach *end*

Did you get given a A4 green pregnancy book at the hospital for your first scan??? It has a birth plan in that and how to write one.

Im just gonna make a few notes saying what pain relief I would like and not like and thats about it really!! What else can you say?? In my eyes whatever will be, will be and there is no point planning something when it prob wont go to plan at all lol. Im just gonna go with the flow literally lol

I think birth plans go out the window when your in labour anyway lol

If anyone wants a copy of mine to start you off pm me with your email and I will send it to you......it does go on a it, but my midwife thought it was good!!

I have never bothered with a birth plan,when i am in labour i just go with the flow :D xx

JaidyBaby said:
You sound very wise Nikki lol

Trust me hun when i was in labour i was in tears with the pain and the fact i was so tired,a birth plan didn't even come into mind,i probably would have thrown it at the midwife :D xx

:rotfl:

Yeah when the midwife told me about making a plan I thought it would prob be the last thing on your mind when your trying to squeeze something the size of a melon out of your Foo Foo!!!!!

OMG just realised you are leaving...LIKE tomo, oh Nikki you cant your so full of good advice its just gonna be ME in here in a minute!!

Midwives like you to have one so they have a guide to your wishes. Personally as you have no idea what is going to happen I wanted to cover all eventualities.

Only trying to help.

Going with the flow is a good option - actually I found there wasn't much else I could do - however, there are some things which I wish I could have made known before I was in too much pain to explain it but I didn't write up my birth plan and gave birth 7 weeks early so I missed out.

For this baby I've already made some notes :lol:

I want to give birth on my hands and knees/standing up - last time I was laid on my back and it was awful As nobody knew my wishes and I was screaming no one encouraged me to get up.

If a water pool is available I'd like to try it.

I only want gas and air - it was great and I didn't need anything else.

I don't want the baby cleaned I just want him/her handed straight to me.

My husband wants to cut the cord.

I want to breastfeed straight away.

If I have to have a caesarian I would like to be conscious and I still want the baby passed straight to me.

I want the baby to have the vit k injection and I want the injection to help me deliver the placenta.

We are muslim so when our baby is born we give azaan which is speaking a prayer into the baby's ear as the first word he/she hears.

I'm sure there's more but I can't think at the moment.

Thanks for that hun...some of those points I didnt even think of writing down.

Didnt mean to offend you Emma, I am still doing a birth plan but only making a few notes (see my first post in thread) just not gonna expect it all to go that way lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back