Birth Plans

BellaRiven

Reaction score
Hi, yes a sensible question from me :lol:

When is too early to start getting your Birth Plan together???

I suppose there is no right or wrong time to start thinking about your birthplan.... I'm 30 weeks and still not done mine need to do it soon !

I've started to think about it, but tbh, not going to go overboard as my last 5 friends who have had babies said theirs went out of the window in terms of pain meds etc after labour had started!! There are just a few things I am going to be very clear about, such as I would like OH to tell me the sex of the baby when it's born, and I would like to avoid cutting the cord too soon if possible. I can't plan too far ahead as have a low placenta and am being scanned again at 34 weeks where they will let me know if I need a planned caesarian or not, so don't want to spend ages on it and find consultant blows it out of the water!! lol

Whenever you feel like you know what to put in it I suppose. I did my first one quite early, I was only about 19 weeks (through excitement of wanting to start it). But have since changed my ideas so I need to start a new one.

I did mine with my midwife at my 36 week appointment, Not that the hospital followed it at all was well pissed off :(

Best to do it later as you may have to rejig for sections, inductions etc. x

I went through mine with a midwife at my 28 week appointment. From my experience I'd keep an open mind, I had my heart set on giving birth at the community midwife led unit but those plans went out the window when my waters broke and were a thick meconium so I was transferred to a high risk maternity unit 40 minutes away xx

ive thought about it and people have asked but right now im keeping an open mind and seeing how it goes im sure ill change my mind nearer the time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back