Birth plan for HomeBirth

Tasha20

Reaction score
I am planning to have a home birth but dont know were to start with the Birth plan?

Are there any other ladies here having a Homebirth? if so what should I put in the Birth plan?

Thank you :D

I want a homebirth but haven't really thought about a BP :)

I suppose it's things like if you want a waterbirth at home?

:think: hmm yes, too be honest im stuck on how to start it like what you put first,

How much intervention you want
Painrelief
Cord cutting

what else? lol im going to have a search on the net I think :D

I think I still have a copy of mine, am happy to email it you if you want

same as, had home birth 11/06/2006 it was a homebirth after section i can email u if u like ?
let me know if you both require any help or advice as ive been there done it and still got it fresh in my head, take care xx

I had a homebirth. I must admit I didn't have a written birth plan. I had discussed my preference with my hubby first so he knew what I wanted. I didn't want any drugs apart from Gas and Air. It was as simple as that. Thankfully there were no complications during delivery.

Thank you ever so much for all your help Ladies! its great to see how many do want to have a homebirth, I can't think of anything more special ( than having bubba of course! ) :hug:

This is one of my birthplans, i made a few for every circumstance pssible, eg
Homebirth
homebirth with hospital admission
hospital only,

but this one is just for homebirth, enjoy xx

***This is my birth plan and Under NO CIRCUMSTANSES may my preferences be ignored or Disregarded at ANY time. I Have VERY strong feelings on my birth plan preferences and therfor have done relevant research into what I want and when I want it. I aim for this birth to be as intervention free as possible. My husband Dean will NOT be leaving the hospital without us, I will NOT be left overnight on my own, He is to be allowed to stay or we leave together.***

I do not wish for Students to be present.
Active Mobile Labour
Monitoring to be kept to a minimum using under water sonic-aid
Tear naturally, No Episiotomy
Pain relief: Gas and air, massage, soft lighting, all natural methods
Minimal Vaginal exams

Baby to be placed immediately onto my belly
Baby sex not to be revealed to us
Cord to be cut by Dean
Breast feed soon after to help delivery of placenta
Vitamin K orally administered ONLY
No drugs to help delivery of placenta
Placenta to be kept

***I realise that there are certain problems that can arise, although I have planned for a home birth I am willing to be transferred to hospital should it be necessary.***

Should a hospital transfer be needed:
Father to stay overnight with us, When he leaves so do we.
Private room
No catheter
No drip to be set up
My consent before any treatment to proceed.
(ALSO SEE MY TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CAESAREAN SECTION )

nd if your wondering how the end result went: here is the birth story :D enjoy xx

This is my birth story for James Dean, he was born at home after a caesarean section with Duncan 2004!
So my due date 1/6/06 came and went...Tuesday 6th June i had a stretch and sweep done and she said i was already 1cm dilated and my cervix was soft and central, all looking good!
So Friday 9th June 2006 Pm i was talking to my Internet mates on MSN, and mentioned to a lady that i was getting a few niggly pains and on her advice i went to bed (it was about midnight) So i slept OK till about 7am when i woke (very not normal for me I'm a stay in bed till lunch time kinda girl) Anyway My husband even commented on me getting up so early! I was having pains every 20 Min's till about 2pm. Then i started to use the tens machine and called the midwife out told her what was happening and she said "sounds like the baby is coming" and that really hit home that i was going to have this baby, naturally normally like i wanted. She came out about 3ish and examined me i was about 2-3 cm dilated. Then at 6pm she called 2 other midwifes to attend (1 of which was their because I'm complaining about my hospital caesarean with Duncan) At about 8pm i started on the gas and air, although i had been refusing it till this point and my husband and midwife practically forced me to have it as they could see the pain was getting worse and i needed a little something. Anyway i tried my water pool out a couple of times about 8pm then again at about midnight, and at midnight i was not comfortable at all, the water wasn't warm enough no matter what dean did and my lips went pure white and i was so tired everybody thought id dorwn in it, so i got out because i wanted to and from then on laboured on the settee, much more comfortable! So at about 2.40am on Sunday 11 June i was told i could push, so i pushed and 20 Min's later i did a really big push and out he popped! Then about 35 Min's later out came the placenta! I was so shocked to have done it and despite all the threats i had at the hospital from consultants and midwifes saying the baby would be born dead and if i was still alive id need a hysterectomy. I didn't even need hospital transfer after! i did tear 2nd degree and as I'm terrified of needles after the birth they said about stitches i refused i hadn't just done things my way to go and spoil it by having a needle. i was far to proud of myself and far too bloody tired!

Your Homebirth story sounds wonderfull sonia!

I like how abrupt you are in your birth plan! :D its a shame tho really about how you have to be to get what you want when its your flamming body and your baby!!!

Yes i have learnt that although it is our bodies and our babies we have to fight for what we want which is WRONG, but you gotta put up a good fight.
Home birthers have to fight strong, like me, i risked my life to get what i wanted and i won :D xx

sonia205 said:
Yes i have learnt that although it is our bodies and our babies we have to fight for what we want which is WRONG, but you gotta put up a good fight.
Home birthers have to fight strong, like me, i risked my life to get what i wanted and i won :D xx

I agree, i want a home birth (when i finally get my BFP) but people keep saying that midwifes and doctors will say you cant have them. I hate hospitals and last time i was in one they killed my grandad by a careless mistake and i wouldnt trust them with me or my baby! :evil:

You can have homebirths Jenna unless there is some reason why you can't (i.e. health problems), it's your right to be able to.

Sorry to hear about your grandad :hug:

Kina said:
You can have homebirths Jenna unless there is some reason why you can't (i.e. health problems), it's your right to be able to.

yeah but iv heard that doctors will tell you anything to get you in hospital...like there will be a shortage of midwifes and no one will be able to come out to you. Which they cant do but to a 1st time mum is a scarey thought!!

It was a long time ago...i still wouldnt trust them though :hug: thank you

I was very glad I got my homebirth. I was told that if there was a shortage of midwifes I wouldn't be able to get a homebirth. Thankfully I went into labour earlier on in the day than most people. While the midwife was on his way to me he got a call to ask him to go onto the ward, but we was already comitted to coming to me so told them he couldn't. The same thing happened to the support midwife, she got a call just after being asked to come to me, to ask her to go onto the ward. They were both pleased that they got the call to come to me first as they much prefer doing homebirths to going in on the ward though. Which is nice.

jenna said:
Kina said:

yeah but iv heard that doctors will tell you anything to get you in hospital...like there will be a shortage of midwifes and no one will be able to come out to you. Which they cant do but to a 1st time mum is a scarey thought!!

It was a long time ago...i still wouldnt trust them though :hug: thank you

Jenna sounds like you got a good head on u sweetie,

Kina, even if you have "health problems" doesnt mean to say you CANT have a home birth i was both anemivc and a caesarean mother yet i still had my home birth.

Jenna i am so sorry to hear about your grandad my grandad has spent most of this year in hospital undergoin 2 ops and yes i hate hospitals
too, they constantly mis treat everyone includin the elderly and of corse there was several occasions where the food trolley went past my grandad then when he asked they were cleanin it all away and therfor refused to cook more for him. then there is the occastion when my nan was visitn him, suffered a STROKE and the staff on duty REFUSED to take my nan to a and e because and i quote "we are not allowed too, its not our job desription "

which is so bang out of order i want to complain !

Jenna if you ever need advice on obtaining your home birth or need general advice please give me pm and we will chat further, and for the record " iv heard that doctors will tell you anything to get you in hospital."

YOU ARE ABSALUTLY RIGHT THERE ASWELL !!! Good luck Jenna n keep well xx

Kina, even if you have "health problems" doesnt mean to say you CANT have a home birth i was both anemivc and a caesarean mother yet i still had my home birth.
I was told that if I become anaemic with this baby then I will be unable to have a home birth because of the potential problems with bleeding.

Kina said:
I was told that if I become anaemic with this baby then I will be unable to have a home birth because of the potential problems with bleeding.

I hate to piss on their parade but almost every pregnant woman is anemic late in preg!!! xx

sonia205 said:
Kina said:

I hate to p*ss on their parade but almost every pregnant woman is anemic late in preg!!! xx

It depends on the levels though. If you are below a certain level (can't remember what) then you have to give birth in hospital. I was boprderline, I was told at 38 weeks I was not going to be able to go to the midwife unit as I was so close to the limit but luckily it rose enough.

beanie said:
sonia205 said:
Kina said:

I hate to p*ss on their parade but almost every pregnant woman is anemic late in preg!!! xx

It depends on the levels though. If you are below a certain level (can't remember what) then you have to give birth in hospital. I was boprderline, I was told at 38 weeks I was not going to be able to go to the midwife unit as I was so close to the limit but luckily it rose enough.

Beanie, congrads on ur breastfeedin i hope i last that long, i find it quiet difficult, at mo he is 13 weeks and well just so hungry !

My anemia levels were low and still i had my homebirth, it is OUR choice LADIES, not theirs, sometimes it makes sense to go to hospital but the fact of the matter no matter what we are entitiles to birth when LOl and WHERE we want, ok when it comes round to it, IF its absalutly nesisary we can transfer to hospital !
xx tc all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back