Bio Oil - stretch marks

Zal88

Reaction score
Does it work? I read on the packaging that during pregnancy you should apply twice a day from the first trimester, I have just started using it (oops) but does it actually work or am I wasting my time?

What works for stretch marks from your experience?

And can you get bio oil or stretch mark creams on prescription? They're quite pricey!

I have to say that in my experience nothing really works, I think if you are going to get them you are going to get them! I used bio-oil religiously (as well as an array of other creams, lotions and oils) and I still ended up with stretch marks :mad:
Hope it works for you though! :)

I have to agree with Sue. There are no lotions and potions that prevent them, but by keeping ur skin hydrated I suppose u could reduce the severity of them.

I used bio oil for the first few weeks, but moved on to palmers cocoa butter formula, vaseline moisturiser and avent future mother stretch mark cream, I only use bio oil in the bath as I think its too greasy to rub on.
I've only got 2 very tiny stretch marks on my right breast. But then, my mum had 5 children and doesn't have any, so hopefully I just have good genes lol.

To be honest, I don't think anything stops them. But rubbing on the lotions and potions can't hurt lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I know that it won't make them disappear completely, but I am hoping it will reduce them.. ah I hope so!

I already have a few stretchmarks but they're not that noticeable and don't annoy me much. Hopefully they work to reduce stretchmarks if not then i guess i'll have nice soft skin lol :D

As they ladies have said nothing can really stop them but moisturising helps with the fading process.... I have one small purple on on each hip (they look so angry!) but I had stretchmarks from puberty so I was aware I may get them.... x

My friend had a baby last september and didnt use bio oil until after she had him and she said that the few stretch marks she gained seem to be getting better.

I started to use it a couple of weeks ago so only time will tell!

xxx

I've been using it and have got them
I've been told its genetics .. The oil will only help the appearance of them

I'm totally gutted I've got them and ashamed that I can't just err my stripes with pride

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

if you read the instructions on most of these things, it says to massage in for 5-10mins twice a day. Now to be honest, rubbing anything in for 5-10mins twice a day will have some benefit, even if its blooming tomato sauce!

but who has the time or inclination to do that?

I got stretchmarks on my thighs and hips a few years back when I lost some weight really quickly (go figure) but they are all silver now.

and so far through this pregnancy, i dont have any new ones. I am using Derma Mum at nights to rub into my belly bum and hips, but I have no idea if its doing anything or if I am just lucky so far!

If you are going to get them you'll get them!

However since about 13 weeks I have been usiing various lotions and potions to help keep my skin supple!

xxxxxxxxx

Personally I just moisturise with Nivea as it stops the itching & I haven't got any yet. But they say you get them in your last few months.
They also recommend little walking stops them a bit as it gets you blood flowing x

No cream / lotion / potion can prevent stretchmarks. The layer of skin that they originate from is too deep to reach and is below waterproof layers of skin. Yes they may help lessen the appearance and keep your skin supple and hydrated (which is important) but thats about it. They do fade over time, but will never dissappear completely. Unless you had surgery you won't get rid of them for good and would probably leave unsightly scars anyway. It was said the other day in a similar thread, drink plenty of water as this keeps your skin hydrated too. It's important to drink loads of water, as people tend to forget and think that drinking tea, pop and juice counts but it doesn't. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back