Stretch Marks..

Zoeox

Reaction score
Soo... I'm looking for advice on Stretch Marks, I already have some on my chunky legs, :wall: and obviously I'm going to get more. I know Bio Oil is meant to be good. Any reviews? Does it work on stretch marks which are already there. Also, are there any more creams on the market? Which could be used on already there stretch marks.
x

Bio oil is good, my daughter uses it on her large forehead scar , from spliting her head open when about age 3 ! She is now 9 and it has faded.

I couldn't use it when I was pregnant, apart from price, I tried it and it was so oily , and for my clothes and my skin which does not like to be overloaded. I discovered by way of a free sample Aveno cream, (boots stock in the exema/e45 type skin section, and it's brilliant! I still use it now and I got no new stretch marks this time round!!

i used palmers coca butter first time round and didnt get stretchmarks
but the smell makes me want to be sick!!!
so this time im usin 1 i found in boots, £6.00 odd, its really rich
and smellys lovley!! iv also seen it in asda on offer for £3 odd! xx
1.jpg

Are they good on stretch marks you already have aswell?
'Cause I know i'm going to get loads more. x

Yep, bio oil is supposed to help reduce existing marks as well. It is oily, but I think it's a good sign - you should try to keep your skin moist all the time. I don't put clothes on for a couple of minutes after I used it, and had no problems with staining.

I love how it looks and smells! The time before I go to bed is my favourite time of the day now - I sit and bed and rub bio oil slowly into my tummy and boobs, while reading a book. Mmm :)

I use a variety... due to gifts from people. On is the Palmers cocoa butter which they now do in a nob scented type. Still has a tiny bit of a smell to it but nothing compared to the original!
Havent tried it but Boots do their own brand stretch mark cream... saw it in the baby section :)

i like you already have stretch marks :( due to a stomach problem my weight has flown up and dropped quickly many times since i was 16, therefore i have quite a lot :(

i know this may sound excessive but i bought a cream called 'Tri-lastin'. it is very expensive at £69 for a tube (which by the way won't last the whole pregnancy, you will probably need two). everyone told me off for spending that much but it is meant to repair stretch marks that are already there as well, also if i can save my body from getting pregnancy stretch marks which might stay with me forever, it seems a small price to pay!

to be completely honest i can't tell you if it works as its too early yet but im gonna give it a go. at the moment you can't buy it in the shops in the UK (its a US product) but you can get it from amazon. xx

I have heard Lierac works well, there are capsules you can buy tp help fade the stretchmarks and gel for preventing.

On is the Palmers cocoa butter which they now do in a nob scented :)

Sorry I know it was a typo but really made me laugh!

When I got my first stretch marks, I used bio oil and they seemed to slow down, I'm still using it and they are fading nicely!
XxX

in all honesty... I dont think there is any miracle cream out there.

I used bio oil from day one twice a day as instructed and apart from burning a large hole in my purse it did little else!

I read up on stretch marks alot because i have them EVERYWHERE... It seems that its something that is quite often herreditory so theres not much chance of escaping it. They say the best way to avoid it is to try to gain weight at a steady pace rather than overeating.

I however have found no cure and discovered that it is probably better to spend my time learning to love my stetchmarks rather than obssessing over them.

The creams and oils will may make your skin softer which can be a nice pampering treat after a long bath but unfortunately in my experience did nothing for my stretch marks.

Hope you have more luck though!

Hayley

xx

I'm using bio oil. It is greasy but i tend to wait a couple of minutes before getting dressed and just dab off the excess. I can't tell u if it works though as i don't have any stretch marks on my tummy yet. xxx

Im using Bio-oil and i have stretch marks on my thighs and hips so far none on my tummy.

Although i dont want to gate crash this thread i have got veins showing on my tummy :( and was wondering if anyone else has and if they will go after the pregnancy?

Thanks
x

Lisa,

Our veins do tend to become more visable during pregnancy as we have double the amount of blood pumping around our bodies.

I wouldn't worry too much just mention to mw if this is bothering you... they are there to reassure us!

xx

i like you already have stretch marks :( due to a stomach problem my weight has flown up and dropped quickly many times since i was 16, therefore i have quite a lot :(

i know this may sound excessive but i bought a cream called 'Tri-lastin'. it is very expensive at £69 for a tube (which by the way won't last the whole pregnancy, you will probably need two). everyone told me off for spending that much but it is meant to repair stretch marks that are already there as well, also if i can save my body from getting pregnancy stretch marks which might stay with me forever, it seems a small price to pay!

to be completely honest i can't tell you if it works as its too early yet but im gonna give it a go. at the moment you can't buy it in the shops in the UK (its a US product) but you can get it from amazon. xx

I feel your pain - im exactly the same! my tummy is covered and looks awful and makes me wanna cry!!! good luck with the cream !!! xx

I think I shall try the bio-oil. Hmm, think mine which I already have may be inhertied as my mum has them, Hope I don't have them forever. Thanks for all your help everyone. x

I used palmers cocoa butter and had one small patch of stretch marks which has gone now. I think to be honest its probably more genetic but I used loads it helped with itching if nothing else x

Zoe bio oil will not stop stretch marks from appearing, it helps them fade once they have appeared. If you google 'how to avoid stretch marks' you should find lots of advice. The only one that I can remember off hand is to drink plenty of water.

I am now 38wk pregnant - my first stretch marks only appeared last week (grrrrrr!), there isn't loads but they are def there. I have been using palmers coconut butter especially for pregnancy throughout.

To be honest I don't think there is anything you can do to stop them from appearing, its really all down to your skin type I'm afraid but try everything the sites advise - can't hurt to try and stop them! Good luck!

I started nightly Palmers applications as soo as we started TTC! I got stretch marks just from puberty, my tummy looked like it'd carried twins by the time I was 15 :(

Three summers in Cyprus faded the worst of them ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back