does bio oil really work?

annem

Reaction score
right. I've been using bio oil like crazy but a couple of tiny stretch marks look lke they are on their way. Tbh its in an area i neglect rubbing bio oil in to some days.

I was wondering if bio oil has worked for you? or whether i'm wasting my time standing around oiled up for hours!!

i dont know about sreach marks hun but i have been using it on a scar on my dd's head and have seen real improvements so i would have thought it would work, far to late for my streach marks, they r past any help :rotfl:

it didnt work for me i spent tons on it on my last 2 pregnancies and still look like freddie krugers been at me :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl:
i would save your money and just buy a good body moisturiser like dove
xxxxxxxxxx

ive been using it since about 12 weeks and it doesnt seem to have helped at all.
it might help them fade after a while but tbh i think its in your genes whether you get them or not... or if theres a mgic potion out there somewhere!

Hasn't made a difference in the ones I already have tbh and I'm using body shops cocoa butter at the moment

prevention is better than cure, hun and u cant cure stretchmarks!

i hav some tiny ones on my boobs that have improved since i got bio-oil but not disappeared :(

but not a single one on my belly even tho i had a HUGE bump, coz i used palmers cocoa butter religiously. i think thats why. i neglected my boobs didnt expect them 2 grow so much and i hav them there now :(

thanks hun, yeah your right its better to try and keep them away if possible!!

Yeah i think i've been spending so much time rubbing it in my belly i've neglected my boobs!!

I used bio oil during pregnancy and still ended up with loads of stretch marks. I used it for a while after the birth and they did fade a bit but I had to use nearly 1/4 bottle each time to cover them all which was costing me a fortune . I havn't been using anything on them for about 6 months now but I might get some Palmers cocoa butter to try as it's cheaper and meant to be quite good.

Its rubbish iv been useing it since about 13 weeks and its made no differance to the strech marks i already have i just have brand new ones covering the old ones :shakehead:

I already had stretch marks when I started using it but it has made them appear slightly better and I haven't got any more since using it.

i dont think it will prevent stretch marks as nothing can, but they do make them heal up bloody quick

i have horrible scarring all over my arms from being stupid as a teenager and im using it on them too, and they have really faded alot, i think its well worth the money

i went from purple stripes to silvery stripes lol, definitely improved mine but of course itd b nice not to have them at all :roll:

i used bio-oil in my last pregnancy (like a mad woman)... didnt have any right till about 35wks.. then boom. It seemed to happen overnight. I think every skin has a limit. Im my mums mirror image and she never got any stretch marks in all 8 pregnancys!!! But then she never went as big as me or had a child anything like the weight i did.

i got them on my bum and right around my belly button. They are slready silver like now tho (ive continued with bio-oil afterwards too)

im gonna get that coca butter stuff this time round.... much remember to get some!

(im still using bio in the mean time tho.)

I have a huge bottle of coca butter, the body shop one so if anyone wants it pm me and il send it cos i wont use it.Im stretch mark city and beyond saving, i use johnsons camoille gel now

I've been using it several weeks and have not got any stretch marks (wel, new ones anyway), but I have a long way to go yet LOL

iv already voted and replied 2 this awhile ago, but just thought i'd add.
i got some stretchmarks on my boobs during my last 2 or 3 weeks of pregnancy and iv been using bio-oil on them since a week after millie was born. the marks hav almost disappeared now but tbh im ot sure if its the bio-oil or if its just that with time (22 weeks now) and losing the baby weight (18kg) and that they were only small anyway? :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back