Stretch marks

Hemera

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering how far along you guys were when you first started noticing stretch marks. Where did you get them mostly?

Also did you find anything worked in reducing or minimising them or are these creams just a placebo?

I haven't got any new ones yet but already have quite a few from being a bit chunky years ago. these are all silvery now so just wondering if theres anything out there that works to fade any potential new stretch marks down to this silvery stage quickly.

Hi same as u I've got some old ones from where I put on weight a few years ago but i can't see any new ones ( touch wood) I imagine if I'm going to get them it will be these last few weeks!
Lot of people seem to recommend bio oil? Z

Hi i never used anything with either pregnancy which i regret cos my stomach is horrible!

A friend of mine recently had her 4th baby not a mark on her! She swears by cocoa butter xx

I've ordered loads of bio oil, I never got any stretchmarks through growing so I hope I'm not prone to them :) time will tell :) I have also heard cocoa butter is very good :) x

i got them really bad with Ethan and used bio oil all the way through my pregnancy, i didnt get them untill the last 4 weeks, all around my hips and the underside of my bump. I havn't got any new ones this time (yet) and hopefuly ive got away with it. ive just used body butter this time as i spent a fortune on bio oil last time and in my opinion it did bugger all! x

I honestly had none until after the birth then some appeared on my hips and next to my belly button. They are very faint though.

I just used a supermarket brand cocoa butter moisturiser.

I didnt get any when i had my daughter and i havnt got any yet in this pregnancy.
I use a body butter from body shop as i have always used this

i really have to say i dont think bio oil does the trick. i bought an american cream called 'trilastin' its expensive at £65 for a tube but its meant to be excellent, so far..so good!! and i am someone who suffers with stretch marks as my weight has gone up and down!! xx

I don't have any yet with 10 days to go. fingers crossed!!

i practically bathe in bio oil.

its much cheaper on amazon

ive jsut bought some bio oil and palmers cocoa butter. i also use shea butter from the body shop. im thinking a combination of all three should give me the best chance! fingers crossed :)

I got some at about 22 weeks, they are at the top of my tummy and just looks like the silvery lines of stretchmarks from my fat days have got red again (not all over them, just in bits) think they are at the top as I seem to be carrying quite high.

Was slapping on bio-oil twice a day from 8 weeks, doesn't seem to have worked for me, started getting an itchy tummy so switched to body shop cocoa butter last week and despite a massive growth surge in bump, stretch marks are no worse now than when I started with it. Am planning on carrying on with that, plus it feels really nice on my bump!

I used bio oil and cocoa butter every night up until 35 weeks when I ran out! Since then 3 little stretch marks have appeared on my hip! Not amused lol.. Dunno if it was coincidence that I got them or of it was cause I stopped using the bio oil and cocoa butter!

Went and got some more cocoa butter yesterday though so gonna start plastering my self in it haha.. love the stuff it smells soooo good :) xxx

So far so good - not a stretch mark in sight (touch wood). Have been using lots of body shop coco butter and mothercare it your body stretch mark oil. Really hoping I've got away without getting them, but will wait and see :)

I used bio oil every day from the start of the second trimester and had none until 7 months, then loads appeared and just got worse til the end, I was so disappointed x

I use palmers cocoa butter and bio oil. Cocoa butter after a shower or bath, and bio oil later on in the day. Bump is looking good, but only recently i spotted about 3 small purple lines on both insides of my thighs, and i have about 4 small lines on one of my bum cheeks too. They are only small though. i think if you're gona get them you're gona get them. I'm only really using creams and oils now because it stops my bump being itchy and helps with tight feeling skin!

Was pretty gutted about the small lines at first, but owell. One of the girls on here called them babymarks :) which i think sounds much nicer, and cute! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back