bfn but no af?

nmf1987

Reaction score
hi all,

i done a hpt this morning (not 1st morning wee though) and got a bfn. i am 3 days late today and haven't been late at all since coming off the pill. i am really confused. i started some anti-depressants on tuesday and was due on thursday so i'm not sure if it is that. surely it would be too early for those to mess my cycle up.

sorry need some advice.:wall2:

thanks for listening.

nadia

I don't know hun but just found this:

Medications
Certain medications that you may be taking for other conditions can sometimes interfere with your menstrual cycle. Medications that are known to cause period problems include:
  • oral corticosteroids
  • thyroid medications
  • antidepressants
  • chemotherapy druges
If your period continues to come late, or not at all, consult with your health care provider regarding any medications that you may be taking.
Find more information on abnormal menstrual cycles at Menstural Delay and Skipping.
hth x

thanks hun. just thought that as it's only 2 days of taking before i was due it would affect it yet. they take up to 6 weeks to get into my system apparently. xx

well fingers crossed it is not and u have a bfp!

thank you. do you think its still possible even though i got a bfn this morning? xx

I think there is still time I have seen on other posts where some people still get a bfn when late and its only 3 days so there is still time as long as the :witch: stays away xx

hope so. fingers crossed for you to. xxx

I'm 15 days late for my AF and still getting BFNs...
If it goes on too long, get to the Docs - They will also sometimes so a BT as well as a PT.
I'm going tomorrow to see what happens.
Hope you get a BFP! x

thanks. you to. good luck and fingers crossed for you. make sure you let us all know how it goes. xx

:dust::dust::dust:

Wishing you both BFPS soon NMF1987 and Heulyn

thank you. think i probably am out and its just the tablets but i really hope not. i have no af symptoms at all but have been feeling sick, sensitive nipples(which i never get) and a metallic taste. i don't know. ttc is such a headache. xx

well still no af. i don't know when to test again. any suggestions? xx

Not sure hon, maybe leave it a few days and try and relax to give your body a chance to either produce enough hormone to give bfp or adapt to medication.

thanks hun. hopefully it will turn out to be a bfp and not medication. xx

Turns out I got yet another BFN today, and still no AF.
This has gone on tooooo long.

Still hoping you get your BFP though hun! x

I think I've hijacked this thread a bit :whistle: Sorry :blush:

But today I did yet another HPT with FMU, and I got... well, not quite a B.F.P, more a V.F.P - very faint positive!

BUT then I went to the hospital, they took a sample, and they got.... a B.F.N.
But my partner and myself both saw the positive line this morning!
GRRR!!

So it's wait until friday jobbie, methinks....
That's if I can stop myself POAS until then!!!
:nopoas:

x

ha ha. no you haven't heulyn. don't be silly. i still have no af and no sign of it on it's way. i haven't retested as yet. i'm not sure when to. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back