• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bad news at scan today

babydust

Reaction score
i had my scan today and got some very bad news the baby has alot of pockets of fluid around its head and neck, has no septum, and only 2 heart chambers, i am numb i dont know what to do or think they did a cvs i think its called they took some cells from placenta, but they say it will not survive and i should have a termination, they have booked me in for tomorrow but i dont know what to do, in the same sentence they mentioned chromisome abnormalities, edwards syndrom, downs syndrom, and turners syndrom, they dont know which till results on thursday, apparently if i wait till then i cant have a surgical termination it will have to be a medical one. They basically have given me no hope. To make it worse my husband couldnt come with me my mum came and i let my daughters come in, BIG mistake. I know its going to die but i dont know if i can terminate it. I really dont know what to do. :cry:

Oh my gosh...hunni i am so sorry.

I can't tell you what i think you should do as every woman is different but I don't think if i was in your situation i would abort the baby. :?

It's completely your choice so don't let any doctors push you into anything that you have not fully thought over first.

Try and be strong...I will be hoping for you and your husband :)

aw hun i am so sorry :hug:

i cant imagine what you are going through having to hear this today,

have a hug chick :hug: :hug:

oh no what a shame hun, Your poor little baby. can i ask what is the difference in terminations? Is ont harder than the other. If it was me i would wait till thursday for the results.

Have you said anything to your daughters yet? Its probably a conversation you really want to avoid considering their age. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this, and to get so far as well.

I want to send all my love to you and your family. i will be praying for your little one.

So sorry to hear this, can't imagine what you are going through :hug:

I'm really sorry, This must be so hard for you, thinking of you and your family :hug:

I'm so sorry sweetie :hug:

Can't really offer you any advice, but like Beth I would wait for the test results on Thursday as they won't know anything for definate until then.

I don't want to give you any false hopes, but my auntie was in a similar situation and told there was no hope for her baby but she refused to terminate and although my cousin is disabled she's now 14, so personally I would wait the extra day for the test results but everyone is different, it has to be your decision and you have to do what is best for you and your family.

Really really sorry hun, thinking of you ... :hug: :hug: xx

I am so sorry to hear your news honey. I don't know what to say. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thinking of you and your family. :hug: :hug: :hug: xxxx

just wanted to say im sorry, im a bit speachless, must be such a hard decision, i would also wait to results are out.

im so sorry hun my thoughts are with you. it is a horrible decision to make but i personally wud wait a few days to get results. whatever you choose should be best for you tho hun.

xxxx

That's so sad.

It sounds like there is very little you can really do so maybe what matters most right now is looking after yourself and doing whatever you feel most at ease with. You're so important in all of this - take really good care of yourself and let us know what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back